1. Stefan Drees's rating of the film Twilight of the Ice Nymphs

An atmospheric and beautifully designed film with many references to art history and literature; but I found John McCulloch's score with it's nearly permanent musical underscoring (also containing many references e.g. to Prokofiev) far too distracting.

2. xrystyna's rating of the film Twilight of the Ice Nymphs

to be watched with https://mubi.com/films/a-story-of-the-forest-mavka

3. rulesofachia's rating of the film Twilight of the Ice Nymphs

It was weird and nonsensical but I liked it.

4. Superfrog's rating of the film Twilight of the Ice Nymphs

5. ajdehany's rating of the film Twilight of the Ice Nymphs

It must be deliberate. Like the Nausicaa chapter in Ulysses. A stylistic confection. I prefer it to the Princess Bride; at least you're not apparently ruining someone's childhood to laugh at it in a bad way.

6. lostlevel's rating of the film Twilight of the Ice Nymphs

I'm not entirely sure what this was or why I kept watching it.

7. raggiodisole's rating of the film Twilight of the Ice Nymphs

Didn't really follow this, and had little reason to do so. I see intent, I don't see quality

8. PEJ1's rating of the film Twilight of the Ice Nymphs

I couldn't stop watching it, It was different and thats why we watch films, RIGHT?

9. tracy's rating of the film Twilight of the Ice Nymphs

10. Susana B.'s rating of the film Twilight of the Ice Nymphs

Wizard of Oz meets Little Mermaid meets Barney meets Lynch

11. Dale Wittig's rating of the film Twilight of the Ice Nymphs

Guy Maddin's and George Toles' Icelandic Fairy Tale about heartbreak and self mutilation is kind of the perfect episode of Shelley Duvall's Fairy Tale Theater, except that it doesn't come from Andersen, Perrault or Grimm (Hamsun's Pan is said to be one source et l'autre: La Vénus d'Ille de Prosper Mérimée.) It is also a great tribute to Symbolist and Decadent Art and perversity in general in all its set bound beauty.

12. Andrés Pff's rating of the film Twilight of the Ice Nymphs

13. Harry Rossi's rating of the film Twilight of the Ice Nymphs

The art direction in this is absolutely fantastic! Just gorgeous to watch. Much like the other Maddin film I've seen I loved the staged feel to it. The entire thing felt like it was written and designed by an 8 year old girl, and I mean that as one of the highest of compliments! I also really loved the world that Maddin set up and I wish the film was longer so I could have spent more time in it. Wonderful!

14. Endless Eye's rating of the film Twilight of the Ice Nymphs

Like watching a bad play on good acid.