1. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Twin Peaks: The Return

It takes patience to enjoy this show. Indeed, this show veers all over the place, from the irritatingly mundane to the ghastly fantastic. And then there are the music performances which end most of the shows. I think this could be edited down to a good 8-10 episodes. So many of those characters just weren't relevant to the plot. Now maybe 'Twin Peaks: The missing pieces' will make sense. Miguel Ferrer lives!

2. Tatami's rating of the film Twin Peaks: The Return

The show's all over the place, there are lots of pointless bits and it goes on for too long without purpose. The first few episodes were rather promising and are certainly better than most of the second season. However it starts dragging on pretty earlier in the show, with a little fan-service that adds nothing to the show. And yet there are moments when Lynch's creativity works like magic.

3. captainfez's rating of the film Twin Peaks: The Return

That gum you like is going to come back in style, except it will be made of electricity and fire.

4. Diogo CF's rating of the film Twin Peaks: The Return

Episode 18 left me speechless. Ignore those cheesy hyper-linear fan theories and their love of causality. In the end, nothing can truly be said about this season - and that's already saying too much.

5. André Vieira's rating of the film Twin Peaks: The Return

There's nothing like "The Return" out there and I dare to say this was the most experimental, visceral and fucked up experience I've ever had regarding a television series. The finale destroyed my soul and I'm still trying to put the pieces back together after that last five minutes of pure cosmic horror. Well done, Lynch.

6. DenoResandono's rating of the film Twin Peaks: The Return

More than 25 years of waiting, TWIN PEAKS returns with a new direction. Well, it's still a surreal world and David Lynch is still behind the show. I mean this 3rd season of TWIN PEAKS kinda gives a fresh air. This season removed its soap opera elements like we used to see on the first and second season. Don't worry, Kyle MacLachlan still nailed it as Agent Dale Cooper. Laura Palmer's scream at the end is EVERYTHING..

7. Royce Jr.'s rating of the film Twin Peaks: The Return

Watch this only to miss the first 2 seasons even more

8. Leandro Palma Martins's rating of the film Twin Peaks: The Return

monica belucci. rebekah del rio. laura dern's wigs. lucy. the glass box. floating heads. and then the missing 'page'. 18 hours in the lost highway universe

9. falso doku's rating of the film Twin Peaks: The Return

10. Elme Dino's rating of the film Twin Peaks: The Return

11. Danuski's rating of the film Twin Peaks: The Return

I was surprised by the change of pace from the first two seasons, loved how it comes back in occasional glimpses giving you shivers - 25 years and Twin Peaks is now a place full of emptiness. Not 5 stars because of what the Roadhouse has become and some really exaggerated shit

12. HKFanatic's rating of the film Twin Peaks: The Return

David Lynch's biggest mindfuck yet is the ultimate subversion of the Peak TV era: a show in which each scene seems to have no relation to the one that came before it, in which storylines are introduced only to evaporate into thin air, and sequences are devoted to floor-sweeping tedium. A Season 3 that feels more like a Season 1 for a series that Lynch has yet to give a name. In short: Kyle MacLachlan is a god.

13. Diderot's rating of the film Twin Peaks: The Return

I really enjoyed watching this and, although I think Lynch often gets praised beyond his merit, he is one of the true masters of manipulating the atmosphere and tone of images.

14. Ramzi's rating of the film Twin Peaks: The Return

Are we counting this as a film? Ah, fuck it: who could have imagined that it would have been this good?

15. miles's rating of the film Twin Peaks: The Return

Really one of the best tv show I've seen, it was everything I hoped it to be, so happy the way it turned out.

16. Jordan Kaltz's rating of the film Twin Peaks: The Return

hands down the best thing that has ever been on television , so many tv shows get away with doing the same old shit because of us being in an apparent ‘golden age of tv’, where scope and epic of a story substitute for any original storytelling but lynch has changed the face of dramatic television again and I hope this inspires others to do something new and actually interesting !

17. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film Twin Peaks: The Return

18. Adam GR's rating of the film Twin Peaks: The Return

Twin Peaks returns anew! The first handful of episodes make it difficult to sink in (where is Angelo Badalementi? Is Mädchen Amick still in character from Witches of East End?) It leaves no trace of soap opera and burrows itself in Lynchian experimentalism. Episode 8, with Nine Inch Nails and Threnody sequence, is a standout. Original characters gradually flourish. Dougie Jones is born and born again. Audrey! Laura!

19. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Twin Peaks: The Return

Visionary/ infuriating/ transcendent/ trolly. One Hell of a wild ride. Thoroughly dramatises the impossible project of nostalgia and the sheer bloody pain of regret. Deliriously funny in parts; sometimes just delirious, but always fascinating. I loved the one part in what might have been the White Lodge that looked like an early '90s screensaver. More importantly, Wally Brando <3

20. Filipe F. Coutinho's rating of the film Twin Peaks: The Return

The Return is Lynch's magnum opus. Reasons for this vary, but I’ll point out one: iconography. It’s hard to think about any other show consistently offering cinematic moments that can be relived over and over again without losing its novelty, impact and, most importantly, magic. And of course, there's Kyle McLachlan who delivers what might just be the greatest performance in television history.

21. Georgia Christodoulou's rating of the film Twin Peaks: The Return

Lynch didn't disappoint. It was a bit more confusing than it should be, but still brilliant. Also, a constant depressing reminder of how aging can be a real bitch.

22. Ricardo Branco's rating of the film Twin Peaks: The Return

23. film_lies101's rating of the film Twin Peaks: The Return

WE ALL LIVE INSIDE A DREAM Y'ALL

24. Diego Ravazzolo's rating of the film Twin Peaks: The Return

Once again, David Lynch proves to be the most avant-garde contemporary filmmaker. Twin Peaks: The Return, in his 18 episodes, offered us a huge and beautiful alternate universe. It felt like the David Lynch apotheosis, the encounter of all of his aesthetic. EP 8 is the most amazingly fucked up thing that could ever happen in a TV show. Plus, the ending is absolutely genious.

← Previous 1 3 4 5