1. gld48's rating of the film Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me

Genuinely insane. This was a real marathon to get through, it tested my fiber to the limit. Then again it is Lynch and I'm forever happy to delve into that genius' mind.

2. Ramona Arsene's rating of the film Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me

3. Linn's rating of the film Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me

Not really worth mentioning as a stand-alone film. But re-watched now, with the epic "Return" nearing it's end, this prequel to the original Twin Peaks series feels like the perfect complement, highlighting the wide scope of Lynch's and Frost's Twin Peaks universe. A dark and troubling tribute to Laura Palmer.

4. Carl Penguin's rating of the film Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me

5. Diogo Moreira's rating of the film Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me

Sheryl Lee is so fucking beautiful. And where the fuck is Lara Flynn Boyle?

6. Gabriella F's rating of the film Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me

This was very necessary, but I can't really say anything about it without spoiling it on here. I just wonder why I was late to the party, even though I am most of the time unfortunately.

7. Alden's rating of the film Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me

I think it's totally worth it seeing Laura Palmer come to life in this series' complement. You may buy into her mystique or not, but can't deny another film where Lynch is coming in full force: there's humor, style, enigmatic symbols, eastern eggs and just fucking visual creativity. Is this a horror film? Is it artistic, trying to express something? Is Lynch just having fun? Is it a drama? It ticks all the boxes.

8. Ethan's rating of the film Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me

This is one hypnotic and nightmarish thriller. David Lynch paints beautifully vivid pictures in this haunting film that is a great counterpart to Lynch's amazing series. Nightmares never looked so beautiful.

9. Diderot's rating of the film Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me

The presence of kitsch in Lynch is one of his more misunderstood elements, because he understands it in a very particular way--making use of it rather than embodying it. To see the kitsch as just "kitsch" is not really to see what you're looking at. Lynch has a very unique way of playing with the affective qualities of images and sounds.

10. Luca Soldati's rating of the film Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me

La storia mostra senza filtri l'abisso nel quale si era cacciata Laura Palmer. Messa in scena aggressiva ed esplicita. Visione non facile ma appagante. Personaggi molto cupi e dai lati oscuri. Opera narrativamente imperfetta che aggiunge poco alla serie originale. Tecnicamente ottimo, con scene molto interessanti e disturbanti. La scena dell'omicidio è meravigliosa.Laura è interpretata divinamente. Musiche eccellenti

11. sofiazelaya's rating of the film Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me

no entiendo por qué la encuentran mala???? es todo lo que twin peaks es

12. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me

This may just be the most Lynchian Lynch has gotten, at least from what I’ve seen. Almost all of the small town soap opera charm has gone, replaced by sheer, unrepentant horror and terror, making this a much more harrowing experience in comparison to the original show.

13. smndvdcl's rating of the film Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me

I'm surprised how shocking this feature film extension of the TV series actually was for an early 90s film. Lynch, for such a balanced man who practices transcendental meditation, has rendered a creative unravelling that remains deeply disturbing but also morbidly fascinating. Regardless of the intricacies of symbolism, non-linear narration and the Laura Palmer story, the Lynch experience is completely original.

14. Atzin Ortiz González's rating of the film Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me

As Fire Walk with me opens with the destruction of a television, it shatters with it all of what was previously known of the much beloved TV show, allowing it to enter to much obscure and experimental territories.

15. Luca Casilli's rating of the film Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me

16. Kamran's rating of the film Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me

So expressive the atmosphere, so diverse the energy. Not quite top tier, but quintessential Lynch. 86/100 - Excellent (4.5)

17. JMKE's rating of the film Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me

tbh i didnt really care about the mill or cocaine much when i was watching the original series, but a girl's secret world and being trapped in a cycle of torture and pain is what's important! i'm so thankful this movie was made... laura screaming on the lawn shattered my heart into a million pieces...

18. Viginti_tres's rating of the film Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me

The prologue sits alongside 'The Return' perfectly, but the meat of the movie showcases what the new series has been missing: humanity. Not only does the film make Laura Palmer into an actual person - rather than just a prop for the plot - but perhaps the most interesting one in the town. Tragic and dark and uncomfortable; all the more so because the mysterious is balanced out by a sad reality.

19. William's rating of the film Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me

Not quite as reprehensible as I remembered (the torment does have some real dramatic legitimacy) but the promise of the new Twin Peaks also does much to soothe injury. Sheryl Lee gives a remarkable performance (as many Lynchian heroines before and after she is put through the wringer), but I can attest that this is in no way what Twin Peaks fans wanted to see following the demise of the original series.

20. patríciapinho's rating of the film Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me

this gave me nightmares while still watching it. gracias señor lynch

21. José Neves's rating of the film Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me

remastered in 4K, rewatched, re-rating. There is no turning back, time mutates us while the films in their fixed structure mutate as our changes. Some filmmakers who have been important to me seem much less now and, above all, very rhetorical, like Tarkovsky, Tárr and Lynch. This film still guarantees a stimulating variation of "film noir" crossed with fantastic, but is often too kitsch "pour épater".

22. Pedderrs's rating of the film Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me

You will be sorely disappointed if you go into Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me expecting a two hour long episode of the TV series. This is far darker in tone and ramps up the ambiguity tenfold. Angelo Badalamenti's brooding score is gorgeous and compliments Lynch's terrifying imagery perfectly, but the film really hangs on the performance of Sheryl Lee as troubled 17 year old Laura Palmer, and it's heartbreaking.

23. Henrique Amud's rating of the film Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me

I cheated a little bit because I've actually watched the fan edit (Fire Walk With Me + The Missing Pieces). Chris Isaak is terrible and I almost gave up on the movie, but then came the real weirdness and man oh man did it fucking amaze me. The Black Lodge + The Pink Room was all I needed.

24. Ryan Christopher Coleman's rating of the film Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me

This movie is about rape. Of course there is more, there are images and sounds, directorial decisions, the sublimity of Lynch's dialogue. I understand Laura, and realize now how simple Twin Peaks always was. Trauma is a mind-murdering experience. Your psyche splits in half, you become a monster and a virgin; both self-sacrificing. I like Lynch a lot more after watching. What a beautiful, sad, relatable story.