1. spasmolytic's rating of the film Twixt

Most self indulgent thing I've ever seen. Next to Nymphomaniac. And Kill Bill.

2. Minchius Maximus's rating of the film Twixt

3. ofNatalie LA's rating of the film Twixt

Just a strange sequence of reactions by the laconic Val Kilmer as a writer who hangs around a stunning small-town America. In resuming a healthy pattern of drinking, he enjoys a wander through plentiful dreams that prompt the creative spark he needs. There are Val and Joanne facetime scenes ♡ and that Brando impression, a bat house reference and a letter V reference. My kind of meta-curiosities.

4. Virginia Vanessa Hilton's rating of the film Twixt

5. Brotherdeacon's rating of the film Twixt

6. William's rating of the film Twixt

Meeting Edgar Allan Poe in a dream to help you solve a mystery is quite the worthy notion.

7. Henri de Corinth's rating of the film Twixt

I really enjoyed this despite myself. It's like an episode of 'Tales from the Crypt' or 'Are You Afraid of the Dark' c.1995-1996.

8. L. Nolan's rating of the film Twixt

FFC's mirror of catharsis.

9. Natalia Kulewskaya's rating of the film Twixt

10. Dogukan4Ever's rating of the film Twixt

11. mlstrx's rating of the film Twixt

12. QuincyArthur's rating of the film Twixt

a lot like a half measure sin city sleepy hollow love child

13. jack's rating of the film Twixt

14. Levent Güçer's rating of the film Twixt

15. Ariana Black's rating of the film Twixt

16. (blank) FilmBlog's rating of the film Twixt

Coppola’s exploration of the writer’s process set against a vampire murder mystery evokes 1408, Twin Peaks, and of course the works of Edger Allen Poe. It is Poe’s ghost that leads Val Kilmer on his dream world explorations of the underbelly of a small town “where people go to be left alone”. Eerie, pulpy and just a little great.

17. Lights in the Dusk's rating of the film Twixt

Coppola's most personal film is both playful and genuinely heartbreaking. Blending elements of gothic horror, deadpan humour and meta-fiction, the filmmaker attempts to reconcile his position as a "hack" trying desperately to create art amid professional obligations, the nature of stories to disguise the personal in the metaphorical and a shockingly explicit recreation of the boating accident that killed his own son.

18. korush's rating of the film Twixt

19. J. O.'s rating of the film Twixt

In short, it had its moments. There are some truly ravishing moments of Gothic horror, but those are held between large amounts of (seemingly hastily) filmed mystery with wooden performances by a normally decent cast. Fanning was a gem, and the fellow playing Poe was a relief, but in general it all felt puzzingly amateur. Though, kudos to Coppola for taking risks and trying new things for himself.

20. Nelson Núñez's rating of the film Twixt

Después de las pretenciosas, aunque estéticamente maravillosas Juventud sin Juventud y Tetro, Coppola nos presenta otra obra fallida, que a ratos se salva por sus toques de humor y personajes excéntricos. La secuencia de Hall Baltimore enfrentándose a la página en blanco, probando varios comienzos en vano me resultó honesta, graciosa y plausible.

21. msmichel's rating of the film Twixt

Love that Coppola continues to take innovation seriously and challenges himself artistically with each new project. That innovation resulted in fine additions to his pantheon as a filmmaker including "Teatro" and "Youth Without Youth". Unfortunately this exercise, though beautiful to take in, seems to dial us back to his Cormanesque beginnings. Not a washout mind you, just a disappointment. Fanning spellbinding.

22. Jye Sherwell's rating of the film Twixt

I wish this film would get a freaking release date! I had to watch "Tetro" online due to the same thing. I'd rather go to the cinema or rent the DVD.

23. Drew.'s rating of the film Twixt

Is this ever getting released?

24. Ostermyers's rating of the film Twixt

As if Coppola summoned Poe to do a bizarre version of " Demain, dès l'aube". At least he tried.