1. Bécot Georges's rating of the film Two Drifters

Magnifique transfuge d’identité. Très bien joué. Scénario inattendu ! La solitude est le moteur du film. La quête d’amour est une perte de soi-même. A voir et revoir.

2. Denis Sedgwick's rating of the film Two Drifters

J’ai beaucoup plus aimé Odete en patin à roulettes dans son supermarché qu’ Odete déguisée en Pedro.

3. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Two Drifters

4. msmichel's rating of the film Two Drifters

Great film from Rodrigues that transcends gender and sexual identity in telling a story about a woman who becomes obsessed with passing herself off as a dead man's pregnant girlfriend despite the fact that he was in a homosexual relationship and that hers is a hysterical pregnancy (!). Frankly sexual but expertly told drama with just a hint of the danger of his previous work (O Fantasma). Highly recommended.

5. Jason's rating of the film Two Drifters

A filmmaker throwing an absolutely wild pitch w/ everything behind it. Nowhere near the plate. Yes. This is an attempt at unalloyed, bombastic melodrama. It's not short on balls. But it is awkward in gait and generally ham-fisted. Owes a lot to New Queer Cinema of the 90s. Owes a lot to Almodóvar and, weirdly, sorta, Gregg Araki. Choral version of "Smells Like Teen Spirit" is where I really started losing patience.

6. rolalvarez's rating of the film Two Drifters

Un poco extraña la película, pero me gustó.

7. FISCHER's rating of the film Two Drifters

Entre mélodrame (volontairement ?) inabouti, bridé, et affective (re)quête identitaire, une oeuvre profondément sincère qui souffre d'un manque de folie et d'outrance auxquelles nous étions en droit d'attendre du réalisateur (peut-être à tort) après la splendide déflagration de son long métrage précédent... www.cinefiches.com

8. Mariana Vilhena's rating of the film Two Drifters

dava tudo por um cabeleireiro que passasse bright eyes

9. Bandeira's rating of the film Two Drifters

10. João Pedro Afonso's rating of the film Two Drifters

Odete: A criança que nasce de uma gravidez histérica.

11. Daniel Roque's rating of the film Two Drifters

O enredo à volta do luto de Odete e Rui é interessante, mas há momentos em que os diálogos são tão forçados e o acting tão surreal que mete dó tentarem resolverem tudo com um 'foda-se'.

12. Tiba Hobus's rating of the film Two Drifters

13. naokoken's rating of the film Two Drifters

It is always a surprise when you fall in love with a movie. At Pedro's tomb Odette says "I've come to meet you. Now, nobody will set us apart." Rui says "I can't get myself here. It frightens me." Later Odette says to Rui "Let him come back." Kangaroo by Alex Chilton was perfect for the car driving scene and the repeated piano refrain by Filipe Raposo was great. Cinematography by Rui Poças fantastic. Thank you João.

14. nessmj's rating of the film Two Drifters

3.5 - at times a bit too melodramatic for my tastes. however, the ebb and flow of shifting ideal (life and death, gender, tonality) added to the haunting delusions of Odete and the tragedy of Rui and Pedro.

15. David R Williams's rating of the film Two Drifters

Maybe Almodóvar could have pulled this off but he didn't make it. Am I mistaken or is this almost a remake of a Norwegian film Mubi screened a bit of time ago? Or maybe this film is a remake of that one? Wish I could remember the name. The only difference between the opening of that and the opening of this was the addition of an endless running scene. The both bored me.

16. Roberto Ash's rating of the film Two Drifters

Talk about a fucked up love story.

17. corycorycorycory's rating of the film Two Drifters

Another one I regret not watching sooner. I wish I did so I could get this review in. This is a weird movie in all the right ways. I won't get into any synopsis stuff but the opening of this set the tone really well. Get this in when you can.

18. asmadeus's rating of the film Two Drifters

What just happened? It's possible that the shock value of the plot is what kept me engaged, rather then the plot itself, but that brings to question of entertainment in the first place -- I would rather take this than a truly predictable melodrama with amazing cinematography that stumbles over cliches. Two Drifters (or rather Odete) is definitely something completely different...

19. ijustgetbored's rating of the film Two Drifters

I can't decide if the film's descent into chaos is reflective of the mental states of all involved or is simply a flailing plot. The cinematography is beautiful, but the characters are distant and feel underdeveloped. They move the story along, but there's no real sense of motivation (even if the motivation is madness or grief).

20. marika ames's rating of the film Two Drifters

The weird chapters of the edge of a human mind, with nothing to lose. Visually beautiful cinematography.

21. jamesey's rating of the film Two Drifters

It took a long time to get to the point, but had some interesting imagery along the way. Watch this if you want to feel depressed and be ok with that.

22. Mosh Balanga's rating of the film Two Drifters

An interesting watch. I loved Oliverira's performance and the overall "quietness" of it. Although it seems a bit unfinished, I think that Rodrigues captures the alienation that comes with loss in a very honest, simple manner - the struggle to come to terms with it, the desperation you feel when you can't, and the final acceptance of the absurd and randomness (of human existence, in the end).

23. Seba Stolarczyk's rating of the film Two Drifters

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

24. Mikedado's rating of the film Two Drifters

BAD BORING NONSESE BAD BORING NONSESE BAD BORING NONSESE BAD BORING NONSESE BAD BORING NONSESE BAD BORING NONSESE BAD BORING NONSESE BAD BORING NONSESE BAD BORING NONSESE