1. Axel's rating of the film Two Gates of Sleep

This is the way movies should be made, with true attention to details. I can watch this a hundred times, and get a new experience every time, and probably - be no closer to fully understanding it completely.

2. Absentia's rating of the film Two Gates of Sleep

3. Anna's rating of the film Two Gates of Sleep

Very powerful cinema. Its simple, coarse poetry that mediates on mortality and the natural braids together a faint, entrenching ache that only film of the highest caliber can trigger.

4. wondergirl1973's rating of the film Two Gates of Sleep

On filial bonds and loss. Tarkovsky meets Malick meets a wee bit of Lynch. Stunning cinematography, mesmerizing music.

5. El Biffo's rating of the film Two Gates of Sleep

Not really a four star, really 3 and a half stars, but I am bumping it up to four for its extraordinary simplicity and lack of dialogue.

6. JustusCrum's rating of the film Two Gates of Sleep

I dont like Mubi asking me to upgrade it but I have to if I want to watch movies.

7. rachel's rating of the film Two Gates of Sleep

With a lack of dialogue and such a small plot, it works.

8. Cheryl's rating of the film Two Gates of Sleep

Somber, bleak, and strangely beautiful. A moving story about two sons struggle to transport their mother to her final resting place. I was moved.

9. Weston Campbell's rating of the film Two Gates of Sleep

A quiet, focused mood piece driven by psychology and emotion.

10. CRW's rating of the film Two Gates of Sleep

That's the film in the synopsis, beginning to end.

11. Robert Orlowski's rating of the film Two Gates of Sleep

The down-tempo pace and relatively dry plot, forces the attention towards the transcendental conflicts happening in the film. The emphasis is not placed as heavily on the journey of the two brothers, specifically Corbet's character, rather on the relation of their journey to the world that surrounds them. At the end, Griffin asks us to question if free-will is actually in the hands of man, or nature.

12. Corriel's rating of the film Two Gates of Sleep

Beautiful visuals are not sufficient to make a good film.

13. Matthew_Lucas's rating of the film Two Gates of Sleep

Mesmerising and poetic tale of two brothers tasked with burying their mother in the rural south. Evocative and hauntingly filmed. It's so languid as to be occasionally nonexistent, but it's consistently enthralling.