1. Aardsy's rating of the film Two in the Wave

And a third on the side looking at old clippings.

2. Milli Kawaguchi's rating of the film Two in the Wave

This film is also about Jean-Pierre Léaud. For me, who is a huge fan of him, very moving.

3. courtneylesueur's rating of the film Two in the Wave

I was hoping for something altogether different- more exploratory or investigative, I guess. Much of it seemed redundant, and the entire film appeared to have been put together with no real cohesion, just a myriad stream of consciousness. That being said, I did enjoy parts of it, particularly the detailing of the relationship between Truffaut, Godard, and Léaud. I hoped for more.

4. dominique s.'s rating of the film Two in the Wave

A lot of people found this film to be not so insightful and kind of elementary. As someone who just became more interested in cinema, I didn't know what the heck New Wave was, so this documentary was actually pretty informational to me.

5. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film Two in the Wave

Not really an insightful film, nor is it really an analysis of the two artists. Watching this feels like a Middle School entry course to the French New Wave- fine. I wish it took a stance on the two directors (by that I mean I feel Godard started out a genius and became a God amongst us and Truffaut was too safe for his own good and only pretended to break the rules of cinema), but that film will never be seen...

6. Jean Mougin's rating of the film Two in the Wave

Not the best made documentary but the story is great. Two men that became brothers because of cinema and later enemies by the same passion.

7. xiombix's rating of the film Two in the Wave

i very much enjoyed this. its all new to me, now i have at least an inkling of what is meant by French New Wave.

8. gaffordKINO's rating of the film Two in the Wave

The footage of Godard screaming at Cannes, the letter he wrote to Truffaut after seeing Day for Night and the letter Truffaut sent back give this documentary its potency.

9. fiona_huffman's rating of the film Two in the Wave

I am quite fascinated with the relationship between Jean-Luc Godard and Francois Truffaut. I have read their exchange of letters when they drifted apart and it seems that there really is so much more behind their dispute. I would very much like to see this film, but I get the impression that the documentary does not go much deeper about their fall-out beyond that said letter exchange. So, is the film superficial?

10. Zachary Phillip Brailsford's rating of the film Two in the Wave

Holy crap! This is a film that, although I didn't know of its existence until RIGHT NOW, I have been waiting YEARS for! Awesome! Savvy

11. Marlene Leverette's rating of the film Two in the Wave

Thoroughly enjoyable, very informative.

12. Karen Cormier's rating of the film Two in the Wave

Completely worthwhile and compelling documentary. The recurring young female researcher is the only flaw.

13. Eric Sherwood's rating of the film Two in the Wave

meh interesting and well shot, but it doesn't travel deep enough to make any interesting points. I came at this film knowing what I knew about there friendship and in the end left with nothing knew except some exacting details.

14. Hani's rating of the film Two in the Wave

A lot of gossip. A little bit of useful footage. No analysis. Just like Truffaut's films.

15. Eloi MV's rating of the film Two in the Wave

Of absolutely no interest if you read the books of Antoine De Baecqu.

16. ramosbarajas's rating of the film Two in the Wave

The organization was really strange, but knowing nothing about their careers and personal relationship, this was an okay introduction, except for the one spoiler to Jules & Jim (I'm guessing unless that scene happens close to the beginning)

17. DUTCH's rating of the film Two in the Wave

Really disappointed. Felt like a student film essay come to life. Nothing new found here. Could have gone much deeper with both men, especially JLG, but chose to oddly cap off the whole film with a Jean-Pierre Leaud, who also deserved more credit, as the last lifeline of those two friends turned 'foes'. It gets a bit trivializing and consider the subject, and that is a really shocking failure of this documentary.

18. Zachary Curl's rating of the film Two in the Wave

it was an interesting documentary, but going in already knowing some of the history of French New Wave, i feel like there was a little bit passed over, and though i understand that you can't include every little thing without developing them on their own, i would have liked to see at least a little bit on the influence that Jean-Pierre Meliville had on both Godard and the Nouvelle Vague. fun to watch, nonetheless.

19. Florence's rating of the film Two in the Wave

the friendship between godard and truffaut, a cinema archive!

20. JamesPC's rating of the film Two in the Wave

The film explains a lot about the relationship between JLG and FT, without whom there would've been a very different and possibly less-influential New Wave movement. Both of them start through Cahiers du Cinema; eventually they both wearied of their connection to the new wave. As to the charges of T's "selling out," it's a quarrel that, 30 years after his death, means very little, both artists live on in their films

21. REH1101's rating of the film Two in the Wave

An interesting schism. Truffaut moves towards his commercial era while Godard heads into his hyper-political era. As the two gradually drifted apart, their work gradually felt less and less complete.

22. kindredp's rating of the film Two in the Wave

Cinema is the art of youth. I believe it, too.

23. Stephen Campbell's rating of the film Two in the Wave

Needed to be at least a hour longer ,but not bad .

24. WhatsUpWill's rating of the film Two in the Wave