1. Juan D.'s rating of the film Two-Lane Blacktop

2. Eliza Lupu's rating of the film Two-Lane Blacktop

3.5... " -You guys aren't like the Zodiac killers or anything, right? -Nope. Just passin' through. "

3. Steve G.'s rating of the film Two-Lane Blacktop

Two-Lane Cackplop, more like.

4. Johnny Seeker's rating of the film Two-Lane Blacktop

I guess they're right, Harry Dean Stanton never appears in a bad film!

5. Aardsy's rating of the film Two-Lane Blacktop

6. Ethan's rating of the film Two-Lane Blacktop

The greatest road picture ever made. This is a beautiful film with some very intimate moments that feel like real life unfolding right before your eyes. Warren Oates especially shines as the unpredictable GTO.

7. David Grillo's rating of the film Two-Lane Blacktop

Hellman films the idea of the road a timeless flat plane of existence an endless horizon a freedom that is separate from society and the settled civilization a freedom outside of the body and the mind the freedom of the wind the film is basically an endless race without a destination and ends with a retelling of Icarus where man is engulfed in a void of ultimate meaningless.

8. Dada Kubin's rating of the film Two-Lane Blacktop

They don’t make’em like they used to – cars and racing movies. Cool, edgy, powerful; detached yet somehow very true. It’s a race of two young guys in an old car on “a masculine power trip” –as The Girl puts it- against an old(er) guy in a flashy new car, the great pathological liar whose only moment of truth is interrupted by a cruel “I don’t wanna hear about it”. Let’s just race: a simple story but with many layers.

9. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film Two-Lane Blacktop

10. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Two-Lane Blacktop

Non actors non acting, beautifully.

11. antibody's rating of the film Two-Lane Blacktop

shitty cars are cool let's die

12. Howard Orr's rating of the film Two-Lane Blacktop

Empty, cold-hearted people with desolate lives, chasing each other across the highways. Bresson goes to America, perhaps, but it feels like a waste when the great Warren Oates is not onscreen. Richard Linklater: "Because there was once a god who walked the Earth named Warren Oates." 3.5*

13. alucarda's rating of the film Two-Lane Blacktop

i never knew james taylor was so attractive

14. Muraki's rating of the film Two-Lane Blacktop

15. cinemali's rating of the film Two-Lane Blacktop

Despite its thin storyline, you just feel for those people, just roaming across america with their car towards a destination for the sake of competition. The ending is cinematically fantastic.

16. Abby Sun's rating of the film Two-Lane Blacktop

That last shot: the whirring of the projector, the motion of being on the road, the strip of paint, the light that consumes all...

17. Jack Hoehn's rating of the film Two-Lane Blacktop

A thought I had during this film: It seems to me that in all car movies (insofar as that is a coherent genre), cars functions as extensions of the body. I feel like there is inherently radical potential in that idea. I'm not convinced that this film fully acts on that potential, but it doesn't really have to. Really the best of its genre that I have seen. Echoes of Easy Rider, but lest insular and more populist.

18. Shayan Bazri's rating of the film Two-Lane Blacktop

19. Øyvind Rype's rating of the film Two-Lane Blacktop

Take out all the great music and cruising scenes from Easy Rider and then you have its bleak flipside; Two-Lane Blacktop.

20. Scorpio Velvet's rating of the film Two-Lane Blacktop

21. Eleanor Abernathy's rating of the film Two-Lane Blacktop

Supremely bad acting by James Taylor made up by the very odd warren Oates character.

22. Julia Fischer's rating of the film Two-Lane Blacktop

23. Film Aficionerdo's rating of the film Two-Lane Blacktop

Hellman's road movie still holds up and remains a definition of "cool." I prefer this over Easy Rider, maybe because I like cars over motorcycles, or maybe because Two-Lane Blacktop is just a better film. Warren Oates and his colorful sweaters are the shit.

24. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film Two-Lane Blacktop