1. alucarda's rating of the film Two-Lane Blacktop

i never knew james taylor was so attractive

2. Muraki's rating of the film Two-Lane Blacktop

3. cinemali's rating of the film Two-Lane Blacktop

Despite its thin storyline, you just feel for those people, just roaming across america with their car towards a destination for the sake of competition. The ending is cinematically fantastic.

4. Abby Sun's rating of the film Two-Lane Blacktop

That last shot: the whirring of the projector, the motion of being on the road, the strip of paint, the light that consumes all...

5. Jack Hoehn's rating of the film Two-Lane Blacktop

A thought I had during this film: It seems to me that in all car movies (insofar as that is a coherent genre), cars functions as extensions of the body. I feel like there is inherently radical potential in that idea. I'm not convinced that this film fully acts on that potential, but it doesn't really have to. Really the best of its genre that I have seen. Echoes of Easy Rider, but lest insular and more populist.

6. Shayan Bazri's rating of the film Two-Lane Blacktop

7. Øyvind Rype's rating of the film Two-Lane Blacktop

Take out all the great music and cruising scenes from Easy Rider and then you have its bleak flipside; Two-Lane Blacktop.

8. Scorpio Velvet's rating of the film Two-Lane Blacktop

9. Eleanor Abernathy's rating of the film Two-Lane Blacktop

Supremely bad acting by James Taylor made up by the very odd warren Oates character.

10. Julia Fischer's rating of the film Two-Lane Blacktop

11. Film Aficionerdo's rating of the film Two-Lane Blacktop

Hellman's road movie still holds up and remains a definition of "cool." I prefer this over Easy Rider, maybe because I like cars over motorcycles, or maybe because Two-Lane Blacktop is just a better film. Warren Oates and his colorful sweaters are the shit.

12. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film Two-Lane Blacktop

13. Jesse Furgurson's rating of the film Two-Lane Blacktop

most ontologically-aware episode of top gear ever

14. CYCO-VS's rating of the film Two-Lane Blacktop

if you love cars you should know all about this movie

15. Stagecoach's rating of the film Two-Lane Blacktop

16. Greg Schaal's rating of the film Two-Lane Blacktop

Warren Oates best performance. Who knew that Sweet Baby James Taylor and Dennis Wilson were so good?

17. Robert W Peabody III's rating of the film Two-Lane Blacktop

Two-Lane Blacktop (1971) DIR Monte Hellman SCR Rudolph Wurlitzer, Will Corry 103 Min _it gives you a set of emotions that stay with you those satisfactions are permanent_ 11/10

18. pedrosaurus's rating of the film Two-Lane Blacktop

19. Klara Tavakoli Goesche's rating of the film Two-Lane Blacktop

Sparse and distinctive. Not much goes on here, only three drifters driving a car on a road to nowhere - a looseness to the film and its plot that's appealing and striking. A sort of freedom and 'we'll do as we please' rebellion. It's existential and I love it... mad, slow pace and all.

20. Tyler Krul's rating of the film Two-Lane Blacktop

God, I was conceived in the wrong era...oh well, nothing I can do about it now...

21. © <',))( Astro-Tofupraxographer's rating of the film Two-Lane Blacktop

"Make it three yards motherfucker and we'll have an automobile race."

22. Vlad's rating of the film Two-Lane Blacktop

what an awesome ending. feels like nothing can stop the engines racing, instead you ran out of stock

23. El Biffo's rating of the film Two-Lane Blacktop

24. Cinema Paradisio's rating of the film Two-Lane Blacktop

Cool car movie. And where else are you going to find a movie starring James Taylor or Dennis Wilson. I'm guessing this is there only film credit.