1. William's rating of the film Two Years at Sea

2. Michael A's rating of the film Two Years at Sea

Two minutes at my Seat skipping across this film with no time to waste.

3. Thomas's rating of the film Two Years at Sea

A sublime, fascinating document of a solitary (but not lonely) life, set amongst breathtaking natural beauty. Simple photography, richly organic and mesmerising.

4. trugschluss's rating of the film Two Years at Sea

5. the.deft.one's rating of the film Two Years at Sea

A patience tester but beautifully photographed. A rural portrait of isolation, it's no wonder Rivers' film lacks any sort of narrative arc. Practically silent, occasionally relaxing and serene, Two Years at Sea is, if anything, a little guilty of saying nothing, it's pure observation approach feeling a little vacuous. Yet despite this, it paints a picture of life that we've all yearned for and it's refreshing to...

6. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film Two Years at Sea

La naturaleza salvaje aunque dominada sobriamente por la habilidad y la tecnología del hombre de "Two years at sea", me recuerda a "La libertad" de Lisandro Alonso. Ambos filmes documentales pero que fácilmente podrían ajustarse a lo ficcional. El cierre de ambas películas es casi idéntico.En el caso de Rivers, su estética es sugerente,al igual que su atmósfera. La soledad tiene mucha presencia; un aire a beatus ille

7. Larry Nelson's rating of the film Two Years at Sea

Mr. Rivers, will Two years at Sea be available on DVD ? If so when, where etc. I hope so!

8. I B's rating of the film Two Years at Sea

Here, Rivers creates one of the most immersive and tactile cinematic worlds I've encountered in recent times. Sublime.

9. OLIVER-J's rating of the film Two Years at Sea

draws you in almost instantly, the use of 16mm is perfectly suited to Jake's "routine" in the wilderness. reminded me a little of Tarr's The Turin Horse, you really feel as if you're out there with Jake as the film gradually washes over you. Ben Rivers, I've got my eye on you.

10. Michael Harbour's rating of the film Two Years at Sea

Shot on 16mm film then transferred to 35mm for presentation, the film celebrates all the weaknesses of film stock while rarely displaying its strengths. The long takes of a man living alone and isolated (except for the camera and whatever crew, of course) are often intriguing, sometimes beautiful, and regularly challenging of the patience. Some will find it rewarding and worthwhile, others won't. I'm on the fence.

11. Aaron Oliver-Carter's rating of the film Two Years at Sea

i like that the director hand processed the 16mm footage himself. A calm, raw yet beautiful film that requires repeated viewings.

12. Craig B's rating of the film Two Years at Sea

Spare portrait of content & unadorned solitude. Cracked, flickering 16mm B&W gives it life. Some wondrous dirt-raw shots.

13. Chai Is the Warmest Beverage's rating of the film Two Years at Sea

One of my favorite touches is the seeming instability of the film stock; its latitude and contrast seem on the verge of collapse, ready to crack apart to a sudden flood of hot light, or a gradual corrosion into the sackcloth of darkness.

14. © <',))( Astro-Tofupraxographer's rating of the film Two Years at Sea

Ah, dirt, something we rarely see in today's cinema. Imperfection, rough edges. The images flickers, like it used to. A free film about a free man, "free" being a paradox as it does have its limits. It has no beginning or end, everything is constantly coming into being then passing away.

15. Cosi's rating of the film Two Years at Sea

Best film of 2012. Congratulations Ben!