1. DrFirestone's rating of the film UFO in Her Eyes

A reflection on modern China and its cultural and ideological complexity: tradition, cultural revolution, communism, capitalism - all weirdly coexist at the same time, and the result is... well, I recommend watching this film! Interesting plot, location and characters, great deadpan humour. If there's anything to complain about, it would be the ending - I felt like it was just quickly tacked on to wrap up the story.

2. captainfez's rating of the film UFO in Her Eyes

Udo Kier looks as if he has as much an idea of what's going on as I do.

3. Jeremiah Johnson's rating of the film UFO in Her Eyes

Could be a comment on new capitalist China after Mao's revolution or not. Doesn't matter, its hilarious.

4. Théophile Robert's rating of the film UFO in Her Eyes

The movie, though is full of beautiful pictures, and tries to show the double sided China, where people drunken on development leave thousands land and jobless. Even though I think it's full of interesting ideas, the movie's narration is just too chaotic. Things like the Beijing inspector, the UFO theme, by the end, just seem pointless.

5. Viacheslav's rating of the film UFO in Her Eyes

It's a bit wierd that the film is introduced on Mubi as Sci-Fi, whereas in fact it's a poignant social anti-utopia. The perspective is interesting and some details of the plot are unusual, but in the end it comes down to old good cliches.

6. Stefano's rating of the film UFO in Her Eyes

The story of the a rural community losing its innocence. A dark, surreal satire of China's modernization.

7. Gianluca Eremitaggio's rating of the film UFO in Her Eyes

Non mi sembra una storia solo cinese: un banalissimo avvenimento diventa un'occasione per ottenere fama, potere e denaro... Non si tratta di una visione malinconica del passato, ma di percepire il presente attraverso un'infinità di emozioni, talvolta contrastanti, e di ritrovarsi, paradossalmente, costretti a fare quelle stesse scelte per cui si stava lottando.

8. mpho3's rating of the film UFO in Her Eyes

Beautifully filmed, creative storytelling. UFO sports a wicked sense of humor, some of which translates directly, like the principles of the rich ("only invest other people's money", "turn shit into gold", "the packaging is more important than the product" - all punctuated by "Oh yeah!"). Similarly, much of the pathos was universal but some aspects of the film required a cultural literacy I don't have. 3.5 stars

9. Nan Bauer's rating of the film UFO in Her Eyes

A delightful strange movie. Shi Ke is very fine as a woman who (maybe) spots a UFO after an illicit shag with her married boyfriend. Udo Kier pops in for an awesome cameo. Many wonderful scenes; one near the end cuts between wedding guests dancing in the rain and protesters getting knocked around. But really, the whole thing is a gorgeous kick in the head.

10. Tianyu's rating of the film UFO in Her Eyes

How did this movie get such a high rating? The dialogues were bad, the acting was bad, the story is full of holes, the culture was misrepresented. Even as a satire, it's awkwardly hard to watch.

11. Charlotte Couch's rating of the film UFO in Her Eyes

Something that really stuck out for me was the colors in this film, very cool toned in most of the scenes but then there was major color distortion in many parts as well. Other than that, the actors performances weren't the greatest I've seen, and the language barrier was confusing at some parts.

12. Corey's rating of the film UFO in Her Eyes

Interesting and quirky. What was up with the animal POV shots? Weird ending too.

13. the_mentaculus's rating of the film UFO in Her Eyes

A delightful surprise. Guo has a wonderful eye for character - taking the edge off of what (justifiably) could be a caustic and distant indictment of sociopolitical evils. It never demeans people - only the structures that encourage a materialistic mindset, whether they're clothed in Red, or red, white and blue. The result is touching. It could only be better if Udo Kier falls out of the sk... oh wait, that happens.

14. David R Williams's rating of the film UFO in Her Eyes

What an absolutely wonderfully insane film. A razor sharp social and political satire that includes UFOs, strange crystals, random farm animal POVs and even freakin' Udo Kier! How can you not love this?

15. daniel's rating of the film UFO in Her Eyes

"UFO In Her Eyes" caught my attention with its title and further dragged me in with its characters. Surprisingly the film had a lot of comedy, even with the language barrier. The only set back I have with the film is the closing scene of Kwok Yun entering the built UFO. Im sure it was intended and I am just over analyzing it, however I felt like it could of ended differently.

16. Monkey Flix's rating of the film UFO in Her Eyes

Modern China in microcosm. Probably more insightful to somebody who lives there.

17. Brent Landon's rating of the film UFO in Her Eyes

Defies all expectations. It's dark and funny and riddled with irony. Great characters with absurd motives. I love the American Friend (who isn't American) doing drunken Johnny Mathis. And who would't be charmed if their lover built them a UFO? I hate when people do this, but it reminded me of Vonnegut (in the best possible way).

18. Wee Hunk's rating of the film UFO in Her Eyes

Gentle satire on the future of China, with lots of humorous moments. It does lose focus occasionally, and naturally prefers the past.

19. Slappy McGee's rating of the film UFO in Her Eyes

(4.5 stars) Amazing social satire. TRULY delightfully crafted satire on many levels. The filmmaker does a brilliant job of weaving these themes tightly together all via the characters carefully introduced throughout the opening 30 minutes. It's very smart and told in an off-beat manner. The only problem I have is that MUBI has chosen a slight spoiler with their background poster for this film. Why, Mubi? Why?

20. Caitlin's rating of the film UFO in Her Eyes

A satirical indictment of Western capitalism and Chinese bureaucracy.

21. Mehdi Arfaoui's rating of the film UFO in Her Eyes

Ce film révèle, de façon complètement aberrante, les excès du capitalisme comme ceux de la bureaucratie communiste.