1. astygianelysium's rating of the film Ulysse

like the memory of a series of resistances to memory

2. EdieEmm's rating of the film Ulysse

It ends so arbitrarily, as if to imply that it could've gone on indefinitely. Sometimes I open my mouth to speak and am silenced by what feel like infinite choices, of words, of truths, of framing - even in answer to something specific. This stops me. It doesn't stop Varda, who simply makes it into a film. A lovely approach: meditative and deep, if not quite as wise as that goat's.

3. Dogville59's rating of the film Ulysse

A meditation on so much. Images, memory, the vastness of narrative compared to a frozen image in time. The pains and joys of lives that are not revealed in one image of them but also all that can be read into an image. All that it can mean. It is, after all, capturing time for all eternity. I love Agnes Varda :-)

4. lostlevel's rating of the film Ulysse

A little strange but intriguing.

5. RoRoRoro's rating of the film Ulysse

6. James Ryan's rating of the film Ulysse

An intriguing look at the past through the eyes of a photographer and her subjects. Varda leisurely yet elegantly breaks down each element of her photograph "Ulysse" revealing more about the moment captured in time, and her process. Short but revealing. A picture worth 1000 words.

7. Matt McManus's rating of the film Ulysse

Love, love love this. I'm going to have to check out more Agnès Varda, and try to get my hands on a print of Ulysse to just stare at.

8. Aprilia Gunawan's rating of the film Ulysse

Heureux qui, comme Ulysse, a fait un beau voyage, Ou comme cestuy-là qui conquit la toison.

9. Michael Zyx MH Claes's rating of the film Ulysse

Ah le regard de VARDA, belge de naissance (comme moi) et française de création. La douceur de VARDA, sa caméra curieuse, sa voix bienveillante. Agnès tu es un modèle.

10. Mírcio Alves Amaral's rating of the film Ulysse

11. Ricardo Branco's rating of the film Ulysse

she wanted to explore the memory of the models, but she ended up thinking about her own. Photography may be the most ambiguous art to categorize.

12. Paweł Borucki's rating of the film Ulysse

Weird, but i understand the meaning.

13. averpues's rating of the film Ulysse

14. Jérôme Bruna's rating of the film Ulysse

Simple, beau, contemplatif. Une nouvelle visuelle qui a pour sujet la mémoire.

15. Alphabona's rating of the film Ulysse

God, why does Varda's models have to be so lackadaisical and completely devoid of any wit?

16. May's rating of the film Ulysse

Agnès Varda me touche beaucoup de par sa sensibilité, sa curiosité, et la place que ses émotions prennent dans son raisonnement intellectuel.

17. Burak Ozyilmaz's rating of the film Ulysse

La mémoire, cette triste fonction intellectuelle que peu savent correctement exploiter, est mise en lumière par la magnanime Varda, dans un jeu photographique des plus amusants. Un beau moment de poésie, toujours dans l'infinie profondeur du noir et du blanc

18. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Ulysse

19. Olivier Serafinowicz's rating of the film Ulysse

Very humanely filming what gives sense per se, i.e. memory, in its different layers, forgetfulness and reshufflings!

20. Légère éclaircie's rating of the film Ulysse

Une photographie, une parole, beaucoup de tendresse : un dispositif génialement simple !

21. Inagaddadavida Mf's rating of the film Ulysse

Fascinating. I didn't understand all of the references, so will have to watch it again, maybe after some basic knowledge of the Indochina war. Very enjoyable.

22. JoaoM's rating of the film Ulysse

Memória, Nostalgia, Saudade...

23. Ulisses De Freitas Xavier's rating of the film Ulysse

24. Laura Suffield's rating of the film Ulysse

Why another film by Agnès Varda? She's a marvellous filmmaker, but so are lots of other people. Are we having an Agnès Varda festival this month?