1. paddelboot's rating of the film Un chien andalou

2. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film Un chien andalou

Tried watching this at Caribou Coffee on my laptop with my earbuds in. Even though I was in such a position so that no one could see my screen I only got five minutes in because I felt vulgar and obscene. Watching it in it’s entirety at home that feeling is gone, but not the disturbing feeling that this film is so well known for provoking.

3. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Un chien andalou

4. FISCHER's rating of the film Un chien andalou

Surréalisme quand tu nous étreins ! www.cinefiches.com

5. MistaRichard's rating of the film Un chien andalou

Provocative, absurd and designed to shock. Doesn't hold up quite as well as it did upon its debut, but a required watch nonetheless.

6. Christofi Cotonou's rating of the film Un chien andalou

I don't think people should rate this, as it's only as good as what you take from it. But here's some spangling hypocrisy in the shape of four yellow stars... cut me (in the eye or something).

7. Bruna de Moura's rating of the film Un chien andalou

surrealism sure is an awesome thing

8. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Un chien andalou

This is a nice little slice of surrealistic art. Don't go looking for deeper meanings, though.

9. Glue Sniffer's rating of the film Un chien andalou

kiedyś inspirujący, teraz grafomański

10. Anca.'s rating of the film Un chien andalou

11. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film Un chien andalou

I mean, it's not trying to assemble the images to actually mean anything; it's a strange visual experiment. So, I'd say it's definitely lacking on substance. On the other hand, it is the first surrealist film, and one of Bunuel's first films, so it has tremendous historical significance. In the end it seemed fairest to split the difference and give it a three.

12. Matthew Catanzano's rating of the film Un chien andalou

Watch it, not much I can say that wouldn't ruin it's effect.

13. freskonthesfenks's rating of the film Un chien andalou

Dali's symbolism is so obviously used in scenes and it fits perfectly with the scenario. Ants in hand, the watch without hour and minute hand and the dead donkey on a piano... It's so good.

14. Chris's rating of the film Un chien andalou

15. das Kino's rating of the film Un chien andalou

"Lo que es importante es sembrar la confusión, no eliminarlo"

16. Maria Claudia's rating of the film Un chien andalou

excellent use of joyful music over dark & quirky scenes

17. †. Kennedy Pope's rating of the film Un chien andalou

Overall an interesting piece of classic avant-garde cinema. You could take any number of personal interpretations away from this short, and with that being the point I'd call it a successful venture in provoking thought through imagery over story.

18. diamondwithnoshine's rating of the film Un chien andalou

Got me a movie , I want you to know Slicing up eyeballs, I want you to know

19. Aaron Dillenbeck's rating of the film Un chien andalou

The free flowing association can get muddled here but there is something undeniably great about this film. Striking, jarring, quirky, and downright uncomfortable. The movie flows extremely well despite its connected yet loose narrative. The music is spectacular and catchy.

20. ceknklsn's rating of the film Un chien andalou

21. Bram Vroonland's rating of the film Un chien andalou

It doesn't make sense, nor does it want to. Now to some that is a joyous experience, to those who seek meaning it can be painful. Maybe there are some Freudian themes there. Beyond that notice that it holds a great arsenal of editing and techniques especially on a small budget. Yet it is its ambiguity which makes it history.

22. lIZUKA's rating of the film Un chien andalou

the most tonic 16 minutes of film I have ever seen.

23. Mr. Smifff's rating of the film Un chien andalou

What a gorgeous, mind-bending little film. I especially loved the music. It's so catchy, and it's cute, yet jarring. That's hard to achieve.

24. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Un chien andalou

I have stinky, guilty, dead horse feelings about my sexual desire too, but I only want bourgeois society to feel a little bad about it... that psychic hybrid of sea urchin + armpit hair is pretty sexy tho. I just wish Dali & Buñuel gave space for women's sexual desire. They were brothers from the same mother of Frank Zappa. Sublime sneering, but where's the love?