1. bucharestaesthetics's rating of the film Un chien andalou

2. Francisca's rating of the film Un chien andalou

i trip, u dream, i dream, u trip, i trip, u dream, i dream, u trip, i trip, u dream, i dream, u trip, i trip, u dream

3. Richard Tines's rating of the film Un chien andalou

The ur-surrealist short film, although there were precedents, notably Melies, but while he ventured to amuse and entertain, Dali and Bunuel were out to disrupt and inspire the surrealist mode of being. Essential viewing...

4. BenNash's rating of the film Un chien andalou

Freddy Got Fingered: The Prequel

5. James Mackin's rating of the film Un chien andalou

Convinced me to never try eyeballs, so this film changed my life.

6. Walker's rating of the film Un chien andalou

7. DenoResandono's rating of the film Un chien andalou

From cutting eye with razor blade, ants appeared from the man's hand, until dragging two grand piano containing dead donkeys and Ten Commandments, this movie is an ultimate surreal experience. Although it's just a silent movie, this movie successfully delivered its subliminal messages (I guess...). Even 88 years after its release, UN CHIEN ANDALOU is still mesmerizing. It's not a movie, it's a little piece of art...

8. paddelboot's rating of the film Un chien andalou

9. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film Un chien andalou

Tried watching this at Caribou Coffee on my laptop with my earbuds in. Even though I was in such a position so that no one could see my screen I only got five minutes in because I felt vulgar and obscene. Watching it in it’s entirety at home that feeling is gone, but not the disturbing feeling that this film is so well known for provoking.

10. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Un chien andalou

11. FISCHER's rating of the film Un chien andalou

Surréalisme quand tu nous étreins ! www.cinefiches.com

12. MistaRichard's rating of the film Un chien andalou

Provocative, absurd and designed to shock. Doesn't hold up quite as well as it did upon its debut, but a required watch nonetheless.

13. Christofi Cotonou's rating of the film Un chien andalou

I don't think people should rate this, as it's only as good as what you take from it. But here's some spangling hypocrisy in the shape of four yellow stars... cut me (in the eye or something).

14. Bruna de Moura's rating of the film Un chien andalou

surrealism sure is an awesome thing

15. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Un chien andalou

This is a nice little slice of surrealistic art. Don't go looking for deeper meanings, though.

16. Glue Sniffer's rating of the film Un chien andalou

kiedyś inspirujący, teraz grafomański

17. Anca.'s rating of the film Un chien andalou

18. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film Un chien andalou

I mean, it's not trying to assemble the images to actually mean anything; it's a strange visual experiment. So, I'd say it's definitely lacking on substance. On the other hand, it is the first surrealist film, and one of Bunuel's first films, so it has tremendous historical significance. In the end it seemed fairest to split the difference and give it a three.

19. Matthew Catanzano's rating of the film Un chien andalou

Watch it, not much I can say that wouldn't ruin it's effect.

20. freskonthesfenks's rating of the film Un chien andalou

Dali's symbolism is so obviously used in scenes and it fits perfectly with the scenario. Ants in hand, the watch without hour and minute hand and the dead donkey on a piano... It's so good.

21. Chris's rating of the film Un chien andalou

22. das Kino's rating of the film Un chien andalou

"Lo que es importante es sembrar la confusión, no eliminarlo"

23. Maria Claudia's rating of the film Un chien andalou

excellent use of joyful music over dark & quirky scenes

24. †. Kennedy Pope's rating of the film Un chien andalou

Overall an interesting piece of classic avant-garde cinema. You could take any number of personal interpretations away from this short, and with that being the point I'd call it a successful venture in provoking thought through imagery over story.