1. cin·aes·the·tic's rating of the film Un cœur en hiver

A rather ordinary plot, made into something more than the sum of its parts, because of those parts. Principally Béart; she absolutely shone in this film. Auteuil plays true to form as quiet and reserved. The music fills the gaps in their relationship, in the dialogue, and in the film. Often, French films are culturally 'lost in translation' when viewed by Anglophones, especially Americans; this is one such case.

2. ehk2's rating of the film Un cœur en hiver

no wonder he is called as the "uncritical chronicler of the mores of French bourgeoisie"

3. Severus Snape's rating of the film Un cœur en hiver

4. Ali Mossawat's rating of the film Un cœur en hiver

5. evolveris's rating of the film Un cœur en hiver

This man deserves a statue.

6. arlinda's rating of the film Un cœur en hiver

If Henry James wrote a movie script, this might be it. With a nod to Lermontov, casually namedropped here.

7. cakebear's rating of the film Un cœur en hiver

My French teacher recently showed this during class, I wasn't expecting it to be great, but I ended up loving this film. I interpreted the ending as full of despair and loneliness, but my teacher thought it was uplifting. I guess the beauty of all films is that they are open to many interpretations that are all sound. Stephan was truly an enigmatic character, his motivations are hard to decipher or understand.

8. Patrick Humphreys's rating of the film Un cœur en hiver

Sautet's magnum opus. So restrained, so beautiful.

9. Rman's rating of the film Un cœur en hiver

It`s even better than Vincent, François, Paul and the Others and César and Rosalie which I`have seen from Claude Sautet, his casting is always marvelous!

10. Nina Midrigan's rating of the film Un cœur en hiver

Masterpiece. I can't even say what exactly I liked about this film, you just watch it and you either love it or not. It will always stay in my top 10 favourite films.

11. Anaís's rating of the film Un cœur en hiver

Me ha encantado. Es une película muy sutil, artesana. Una de esas joyas del cine francés.

12. Hector Camero's rating of the film Un cœur en hiver

At first, there feels a lack of development on how Auteuil and Beart fall in love, but at the end you believe in the characters, but it's a shame Auteuil and Dussollier don't seem to trust the script. In some cases, you expect Dussollier to care more about losing Camille (believable), and Auteuil speaking his mind.

13. Ally the Manic Listmaker's rating of the film Un cœur en hiver