1. Samuel T.'s rating of the film Un flic

Nobody does it like Melville. And I would have never suspected the lead culprit to be none other than Sam Trautman from Rambo (or rather, Richard Crenna). And that train scene was NOT too long-- via toy trains nonetheless, it is thriving delicious suspense; this isn't James Bond, this is French crime par excellence. Also, Melville hangs out in nightclubs dreams are made of.

2. FISCHER's rating of the film Un flic

Dernier film du cinéaste qui, pour nous, ne restera pas une référence exemplaire... www.cinefiches.com

3. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Un flic

I understand that there are people who can suspend disbelief regarding the heist on the train sequence, but I'm not one of them. The first heist scene was fine, so why ruin it all with toy trains and a toy helicopter? It was such a long scene to sit through in the first place. In the end what are we really left with? Sighing and ennui.

4. Mr.Pacha's rating of the film Un flic

5. janh24's rating of the film Un flic

6. RoRoRoro's rating of the film Un flic

7. AdrianM.'s rating of the film Un flic

2,5 actually. the train scene was so damn long i probably slept through it, woke up again and it was still there

8. un flic's rating of the film Un flic

Is there a way out of this formalist masterpiece of misogyny suiscide betrayal futility? I doubt it but will go back to Fassbinder Chabrol Rohmer ect to revise who is the best social realist of the present? Apart from Mike Liegh / ken loach, Archipelago captured a very banal tonality but turned it in to a very tense shocker

9. DimasRimbaud's rating of the film Un flic

Love the atmosphere but the story? Hmm, i don't think so.

10. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film Un flic

11. riraru's rating of the film Un flic

Delons Kopf und Stil, Deneuves Haar, die plötzlich ohne Musik tanzende Damen-Kompagnie, die beiläufige Queerness, der Modelleisenbahnzug, der Spielzeughubschrauber, die sich frisierenden Männer … Viele schöne Details in einem soliden Krimi mit amerikanischem Touch.

12. IV NEVER BEEN TO A RODEO's rating of the film Un flic

13. DSPRKY's rating of the film Un flic

Delon is most certainly not playing the piano here, but hey it's not a bad film nonetheless. I do think that Deneuve was wasted, however, and this film is certainly less ambitious than Le Samouraï or Le Cercle Rouge.

14. wraithinlimbo's rating of the film Un flic

Good film. Melville makes the 'coolest' films I've seen. The scene on the train is the only blemish. Way too long.

15. chanandre's rating of the film Un flic

[Cinémathèque PT #598: 35 mm] (2007)

16. Lefteris Becerra's rating of the film Un flic

salvo el tren a escala (helicóptero incluido), honroso adiós al cine de parte de uno de sus artistas más decantados

17. joey Noodles's rating of the film Un flic

Can't say I particularly liked this one. The opening heist scene is spectacular, really well done, but the rest of the film had pacing issues and although it is well directed the story was quite weak. 3/5

18. traag-1's rating of the film Un flic

Nobody orchestrates a heist quite like J.P. Melville. The entire Richard Crenna train sequence is superb!

19. Ryan Pearce's rating of the film Un flic

Yes, awful helicopter/train effects aside, this is still a major work.

20. Tigrão's rating of the film Un flic

A bit uneven, but still excellent overall.

21. Zachary Curl's rating of the film Un flic

definitely my least favorite of Melville's, but average Melville is still better than most.

22. Checkpoint Charlie's rating of the film Un flic

The only issue I had with this film is that it felt incomplete. But at least it didn't feel rushed or underwhelming in terms of Melville's delivery. Even the obvious illusion of the stunt involving the train and the helicopter was pulled off rather well, not to mention the robbery scene at the beginning intercut with the fog and the cold waves smashing against the hard stone walls.

23. Erik Solin's rating of the film Un flic

This was quite a dissapointment for me. Maybe it was partly because of my high expectations but the pacing seemed to stumble and that helicopter scene just flushed it down.

24. Jaspar Lamar Crabb's rating of the film Un flic

Two movies in one...a great cat-n-mouse thriller with an absurd robbery of a train by helicopter sequence that looked like it just might be out of an episode of THUNDERBIRDS A GO!