1. Scienceofphantoms's rating of the film Un flic

Maybe 3.5, but I'm so into the colors and the sound montages that all the sloppy stuff in terms of plotting just doesn't seem to matter all that much to me.

2. Richmond Hill's rating of the film Un flic

Variations on familiar Melvillian themes which lacks the broader canvases of previous crime homages, perhaps instead distilling the idolatry to brass tacks, if not purity. The continuation - or sadly conclusion - of the gorgeously dour colour palette of blue-hued stylisations brings an Autumnal chill to the eternal man-alone theme so gorgeously captured in Delon’s watery beauty.

3. Samuel T.'s rating of the film Un flic

I would have never suspected the lead culprit to be none other than Sam Trautman from Rambo (or rather, Richard Crenna). Also, Melville hangs out in nightclubs dreams are made of.

4. FISCHER's rating of the film Un flic

Dernier film du cinéaste qui, pour nous, ne restera pas une référence exemplaire... www.cinefiches.com

5. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Un flic

I understand that there are people who can suspend disbelief regarding the heist on the train sequence, but I'm not one of them. The first heist scene was fine, so why ruin it all with toy trains and a toy helicopter? It was such a long scene to sit through in the first place. In the end what are we really left with? Sighing and ennui.

6. Mr.Pacha's rating of the film Un flic

7. janh24's rating of the film Un flic

8. RoRoRoro's rating of the film Un flic

9. AdrianM.'s rating of the film Un flic

2,5 actually. the train scene was so damn long i probably slept through it, woke up again and it was still there

10. un flic's rating of the film Un flic

Is there a way out of this formalist masterpiece of misogyny suiscide betrayal futility? I doubt it but will go back to Fassbinder Chabrol Rohmer ect to revise who is the best social realist of the present? Apart from Mike Liegh / ken loach, Archipelago captured a very banal tonality but turned it in to a very tense shocker

11. DimasRimbaud's rating of the film Un flic

Love the atmosphere but the story? Hmm, i don't think so.

12. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film Un flic

13. riraru's rating of the film Un flic

Delons Kopf und Stil, Deneuves Haar, die plötzlich ohne Musik tanzende Damen-Kompagnie, die beiläufige Queerness, der Modelleisenbahnzug, der Spielzeughubschrauber, die sich frisierenden Männer … Viele schöne Details in einem soliden Krimi mit amerikanischem Touch.

14. IV NEVER BEEN TO A RODEO's rating of the film Un flic

15. DSPRKY's rating of the film Un flic

Delon is most certainly not playing the piano here, but hey it's not a bad film nonetheless. I do think that Deneuve was wasted, however, and this film is certainly less ambitious than Le Samouraï or Le Cercle Rouge.

16. wraithinlimbo's rating of the film Un flic

Good film. Melville makes the 'coolest' films I've seen. The scene on the train is the only blemish. Way too long.

17. chanandre's rating of the film Un flic

[Cinémathèque PT #598: 35 mm] (2007)

18. Lefteris Becerra's rating of the film Un flic

salvo el tren a escala (helicóptero incluido), honroso adiós al cine de parte de uno de sus artistas más decantados

19. joey Noodles's rating of the film Un flic

Can't say I particularly liked this one. The opening heist scene is spectacular, really well done, but the rest of the film had pacing issues and although it is well directed the story was quite weak. 3/5

20. traag-1's rating of the film Un flic

Nobody orchestrates a heist quite like J.P. Melville. The entire Richard Crenna train sequence is superb!

21. Ryan Pearce's rating of the film Un flic

Yes, awful helicopter/train effects aside, this is still a major work.

22. Tigrão's rating of the film Un flic

A bit uneven, but still excellent overall.

23. Zachary Curl's rating of the film Un flic

definitely my least favorite of Melville's, but average Melville is still better than most.

24. Checkpoint Charlie's rating of the film Un flic

The only issue I had with this film is that it felt incomplete. But at least it didn't feel rushed or underwhelming in terms of Melville's delivery. Even the obvious illusion of the stunt involving the train and the helicopter was pulled off rather well, not to mention the robbery scene at the beginning intercut with the fog and the cold waves smashing against the hard stone walls.