1. Dusko Pavlovic's rating of the film Under Electric Clouds

science fiction set in 2017. science fiction becomes social fact uncovered. many many dimensions. one of the best film experiences that i have had in maybe 10 years. one very heavy scene has been pursuing me several days.

2. laura's rating of the film Under Electric Clouds

i feel like i am missing some context re: russian history, but nonetheless, striking imagery and devastating character work.

3. El Biffo's rating of the film Under Electric Clouds

4. Neil Coward's rating of the film Under Electric Clouds

The most interesting thing are incidental references to Russian culture, the best bit is the moment when the girl and the woman pull the horse at the end. If only they had been pulling the horse the whole time that might have made a film. As it was the threads that tied the film together were gossamer thin stuff that were not sustaining. I liked the mist, cloud adverts and Statue handstand. Review is harsh but real.

5. Shane Ewen's rating of the film Under Electric Clouds

6. Vítor Freire Zannin's rating of the film Under Electric Clouds

In "Under Electric Clouds" humanity is merely a possibility in a world of humans; present is nothing but the contrast between past and future; and reality is not enough to put fantasy in check.

7. Duck Waters's rating of the film Under Electric Clouds

Probably worth a rewatch. I feel like I didn't catch everything, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. To me it felt like a strange (in an intriguing, good way) collection of incidents, but maybe if you understand it better, you get more out of it?

8. Alan's rating of the film Under Electric Clouds

No le entendí, no me agradó,sorry

9. sunnylahiri's rating of the film Under Electric Clouds

The subtitles are not in sync in lot of the places. Didn’t want to write it in review but there is no other option. Please look into these things as they are a part of a film viewing experience.

10. Levi Miah's rating of the film Under Electric Clouds

A sombre, existential journey, with an expansive script and smooth, sweeping camerawork. Hypnotic sound design, featuring mostly natural sounds of its epic winter landscapes, with occasional touches of diegetic music. A pure trance film.

11. Gabriele Mariotti's rating of the film Under Electric Clouds

Somebody took some cinema lessons by the master Tarkovsky...

12. David R Williams's rating of the film Under Electric Clouds

Loved "Hard to Be a God" so was hoping for more along those lines. Visually stunning but overly pretensions dialogue screams second year film student.

13. Adam Laurence Pitt's rating of the film Under Electric Clouds

7/10 Overreaching, somewhat bloated, and suffering from some clunkily pretentious dialogue yet still this remains an intriguing, and mostly, absorbing work - a thought-provoking, multi-strand exploration of Russian society and the modern malaise, with deference to Tarkovsky and Fellini

14. kathmeep's rating of the film Under Electric Clouds

Beautiful shots, the art direction was amazing as well. However, the scenes were a little too dialogue heavy and slightly pretentious for me. I will commend them for doing a great job of creating a future world that is familiar yet entirely new.

15. DMW's rating of the film Under Electric Clouds

Electric Clouds' world emerges from a web of narratives that intersect and deflect off one another. We follow the threads - characters, recurrent ideas, visual motifs - but mist obscures their structure, leaving us abandoned in a wintry landscape of lost, but oddly touching, figures. The events themselves seem buried in the greater world they construct, in a nation struggling under the footprint of its past.

16. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film Under Electric Clouds

Strange, dreamy, cool, and impressive, this is a vision that uses some ambitious tricks and conceits to comment on the changes that have shaped Russia, and the Russian people.

17. Paul Rot's rating of the film Under Electric Clouds

#Tarkovsky + #Fellini + #Sokurov, etc. But borlng.

18. Superfrog's rating of the film Under Electric Clouds

Good to outstanding photography and cinematography, but this is one of these films where you need to force yourself in, and I did not have the metal space to do so.

19. Fab S's rating of the film Under Electric Clouds

Film exigeant mais innovant. Distopie qui se passe en 2017 offrant un patchwork des différentes problématiques de la Russie d'aujourd'hui. Très belle réalisation au service d'une nostalgie/tristesse de la Russie d'hier

20. clauswillumsen's rating of the film Under Electric Clouds

En dystopisk allegori? Rusland 2017, en bygning og en masse mennesker ... minder mig om Stalker, men kun i stil, ikke indhold. Stemningfuld...

21. captainfez's rating of the film Under Electric Clouds

"Do you work in the circus?" "No, I have a PhD."

22. Nabil Hamzaki's rating of the film Under Electric Clouds

"You should do things not because they're right or need to be done, but because you can't live any other way."

23. Enrique Castillejo's rating of the film Under Electric Clouds

Very well put together general reflection on the state of contemporary life in Russia and, to a certain degree, in the world. Gorgeous cinematography. German Jr builds quite an original atmosphere, a universe that evokes quite vividly the malaise of contemporary life. Actors are superb, the camera movement of the greatest caliber and the dialogues in general in the tradition of great Russian cinema. 5 stars for sure!

24. irissun351's rating of the film Under Electric Clouds