1. Allison Rung's rating of the film Under the Roofs of Paris

I went after this looking to understand why it was important to Graham Greene. There's a scene where the roar of a passing train makes a violent act unhearable, which Greene transfers to a racecourse scene in Brighton Rock. Clair's REMOVAL of sound and the heightened drama/paranoia that creates is more interesting to me than this first use of sound, or even that crane shot...

2. Hugo Poderoso's rating of the film Under the Roofs of Paris

Advanced and imaginative use of sound, colourful character and a sense of the spirit of a place.

3. José Neves's rating of the film Under the Roofs of Paris

Cinematography by Georges Perinal.

4. εξώτερο Διάστημα's rating of the film Under the Roofs of Paris

5. AlexanderKR's rating of the film Under the Roofs of Paris

Unfortunate macguffin alert. But really, don't let my snobby 3-Star rating discourage you. There are some wonderful things about this film.

6. G.T. De Fontenoy died for us's rating of the film Under the Roofs of Paris

Simplicity is why Rene Clair was a master and genius his late twenties early thirties work is the best representation of of real french cinema along with early renoir. If you dont like it you dont understand cinemas role in art and entertainment.

7. Maicol Andrés Ordoñez's rating of the film Under the Roofs of Paris

It had a nice slice of life rhythm and not much else to engage a modern filmgoer such as myself. Rene's 30's work is a bit too simple and primitive for these young (yet horridly blind) eyes. It's one of those movies where the best scenes are rightfully included in the trailer. Ho hum. Yet wow are the songs catchy and unforgettable. In all seriousness I'll be singing the main tune for days!