1. Alcock Hitchfred's rating of the film Under the Sand

Rampling can elevate even the most flat story to something amazing with her acting skills. This was just ok to me overall.

2. Richmond Hill's rating of the film Under the Sand

Finely nuanced and quietly revelatory, this is an absorbing film that neatly lays out its stall and then opaquely dismantles it. Another insightful performance from Rampling in her Indian Summer.

3. Gabriel Sica's rating of the film Under the Sand

4,5. Marie's reactions made me think sometimes whether he was really dead or had just disappeared. A great vision about someone that goes away and how another person refuses to process that fact.

4. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Under the Sand

5. Slow Immersion [Joe]'s rating of the film Under the Sand

Something about Rampling has never quite felt right with me.. :D

6. Scienceofphantoms's rating of the film Under the Sand

In which Rampling shows that she only needs 30% of her face visible in order to out-act the world. But let's be honest - this is mostly an acting experiment. I would have loved to see it as a one-woman show. We have one fabulously-played character venturing out into the world with diminishing returns. What it can't say about the psyche could fill, and does fill, much better trauma dramas.

7. Jeremiah Johnson's rating of the film Under the Sand

This is a mild Ozon after releasing the raucous "Water Drops on Burning Rocks" the same year and also "Sitcom" a few years prior. Maybe trying to show the critics/snobs that he can be a "serious" filmmaker he throws this in their face and they praise it. But the raucous stuff is better.

8. Vincent T's rating of the film Under the Sand

needs a rewatch. It's been a long time.

9. cinemali's rating of the film Under the Sand

Amazing movie. Subtle direction results in an evocative symbolism. Charlotte Rampling is amazing. Really, really good film.

10. Samuel Donath's rating of the film Under the Sand

4.5 One of Ozon's best. Charlotte Rampling is simply perfect!

11. Igor Ramos's rating of the film Under the Sand

We all cope in different ways. Charlotte Rampling is just fenomenal in her understated performance. Portishead on the soundtrack (nice instrumental version of "Undenied"). Perfect final scene.

12. Murat Erdem's rating of the film Under the Sand

Gerektiği kadar etkileyici değil ama akılda kalıcı.

13. eric gould's rating of the film Under the Sand

One of Francois Ozon's best films, Under the Sand follows Marie and Jean on their summer break to the beach in southwest France. Shortly after arriving to their cabin retreat and enjoying an afternoon at the beach, Jean mysteriously disappears beneath blue skies. Marie, excellent played by Charlotte Rampling, verges on madness in an obsession to find her husband in a film exploring memory and a shared past.

14. cinemaofdreams's rating of the film Under the Sand

Charlotte Rampling is mesmerizing in this film.

15. Asa_Nisi_Masa's rating of the film Under the Sand

My absolutely favourite one.