1. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film Under the Shadow

2-3. Its stylistic choices would be more defensible in a movie that was a tad less dull. For the longest time, the movie gives barely anything to the 'horror' part of its equation. Every potential scare is there and gone too soon. It has a certain political weight, but its message is almost overly simplistic (the regime stealing and breaking a feminine innocence the heroine tries helplessly to preserve, etc.).

2. Adam Cross's rating of the film Under the Shadow

Probably my film of the year. Any short-sighted comparison to the mess that was The Babadook is ridiculous.

3. Robert H. Stevens's rating of the film Under the Shadow

A horror film that blends an atmosphere of dread with well timed jumps. Narges Rashidi is excellent.

4. Ilona Tru's rating of the film Under the Shadow

Cannot say what is scarier, the Djin or the regime.

5. Gia de Almeida's rating of the film Under the Shadow

6. Amandio Filipe Moura's rating of the film Under the Shadow

It's much more than a horror film

7. Matthew Martens's rating of the film Under the Shadow

It's I uh tole you so all over again in this return-of-the-decapitated tale of a handmaid's daughter's doll and its resident demon of Persian patriarchy, against which the cosmopolitan forces of Fonda jump fierce jacks and incur a not inconsiderable burn.

8. JasonAv's rating of the film Under the Shadow

9. Sara Gaspar's rating of the film Under the Shadow

10. Nurlita Hapsari's rating of the film Under the Shadow

nuansa horornya cukup kental. apalagi kalo nontonnya jam 2 pagi, hahaha. cukup kaget juga ketika hantu bermukena-nya muncul

11. lindasdfghjkl's rating of the film Under the Shadow

Creepy, smart, thought-provoking. Interested in what this director is going to do next.

12. Diego Ravazzolo's rating of the film Under the Shadow

13. Dimitris Jb's rating of the film Under the Shadow

14. MONSIEURDE's rating of the film Under the Shadow

15. Ordet Ordet's rating of the film Under the Shadow

[1.5] Very poor way for scaring, it has whole Iranian myths of jinn and fairy in front but very poor usage of them, just some cheap cliches. So very little usage of the certain period of Iran, just one break on the roof. Some good acting.

16. bogdann's rating of the film Under the Shadow

well made and more profound than your run-of-the-mill scary ghost film, but I can't help thinking it feels this way simply because it's about another type of haunting (ie cultural differences). had this been about an american family, it probably wouldn't have been that good. still, I like what the ending implies and nice character build-up.

17. Mario Tomchev's rating of the film Under the Shadow

that sound design deserves earplugs only

18. pirri's rating of the film Under the Shadow

19. Balthaz21's rating of the film Under the Shadow

20. Fabiha's rating of the film Under the Shadow

“A world defined by restrictions, and the terrifying possibility that they might be inescapable.”

21. Laura Lavorato's rating of the film Under the Shadow

I really loved this movie. Beyond being well crafted what makes it stand out it's the political and social context (and embedded critique) rendered through a strong female character that has to confront societal and family constraints. Can't fault it.

22. N!nA's rating of the film Under the Shadow

We had to hide in the bathroom when there was no time to get to the shelter, I can still recall a white ceiling I used to stare at it, waiting for something that everyone was scared of to get through it, to take away me or my parents.

23. Henrique Amud's rating of the film Under the Shadow

Under The Shadow was not subtle at all in its political allegories, but that is overcompensated by some fierce acting and great setting.

24. film_lies101's rating of the film Under the Shadow

A much more compelling version of 'The Babadook'