1. zohen lux's rating of the film Under the Skin

2. mimivulturul's rating of the film Under the Skin

3. JCPJD's rating of the film Under the Skin

Surely the best British film of the 21st Century. I saw this at the London Film Festival and waited six months for it to hit cinema's so I could start discussing it with everyone!! Then no one really went to see it. And I'm not surprised. It's too dark, too slow, too opaque, to remote, too personal and too haunting to gain a big audience. There is nothing like it to compare to - before or since.

4. Richard Tines's rating of the film Under the Skin

light on plot/exposition, so it's fueled mostly by ambiance, which it has in loads, thanks to some singular imagery and a great musical score...will have to check out the book it's based on, as I begin to divide my time between MUBI and Goodreads...3 1/2 *'s

5. Lalizou's rating of the film Under the Skin

J'ai subi le visionnage du début à la fin, pour ne finalement RIEN comprendre. Et franchement devoir chercher des analyses/critiques pour capter "les enjeux" du film.. non merci !

6. Claire Wongsutin's rating of the film Under the Skin

7. Mar J's rating of the film Under the Skin

8. Adam GR's rating of the film Under the Skin

Perhaps, life changing? Scarlett Johansson acting in a role far and away from her contemporaries. Jonathan Glazer has created some absolutely unforgettable images. Immersive.

9. lostlevel's rating of the film Under the Skin

If the intent was to play with the usual expectations of Scarlett Johansson then I think it succeeded. I'm not sure this was a thriller but it was unsettling to say the least.

10. remora's rating of the film Under the Skin

11. Lola Finch's rating of the film Under the Skin

12. Neal Oblong's rating of the film Under the Skin

Piercing, unsettling, quiet. The last scene brings the dreadful reality of sexual violence to a science fiction movie that plays with many dimensions.

13. MisterColo93's rating of the film Under the Skin

14. Oerd Xhemollari's rating of the film Under the Skin

15. Nick Schwab's rating of the film Under the Skin

Elongated scenes lead up to a reason in their climax, others are just purely repetitive. And all of them get to that point after much banal small talk. This BS conversation is thematically purposeful (showing interaction between strangers is often soulless, alien even) but this is why pure realism isn't a product of art. A conversation about road directions or the weather is just shit, no matter the context.

16. Tibulle85's rating of the film Under the Skin

(Vu sur Arte) 3,5/5 Je ne suis qu'à demi convaincu: si le film est globalemt (hormis un masque en latex totalement raté qui fait tâche) une réussite sur le plan formel (la "chambre noire"!!!), il m'a semblé bien moins convaincant sur le plan narratif: outre un synopsis assez absurde, le film ne semble pas toujours savoir très bien où aller (la scène avec l'enfant...) et connaît un gros creux après sa première heure.

17. Scorpio Velvet's rating of the film Under the Skin

Scarlett Johansson: like you've never seen her before. Erotic, mysterious, dark, beautiful, and perfect - if only the great filmmakers (like Kubrick) could have made a sci-fi fever dream like this & that amazing. I've never felt that quiet (like what could I say about it so far) or stunned in years during my first viewing (last year), by the way.

18. Humanite's rating of the film Under the Skin

An almost perfect film. Stunning. Beautiful. Scarlett Johansson is incredible.

19. Phat Nguyen's rating of the film Under the Skin

This type of thriller freaks me out. It's scarier than any commercial horror movies.

20. movieater's rating of the film Under the Skin

21. Andreea Grigore's rating of the film Under the Skin

22. EdieEmm's rating of the film Under the Skin

Seems I'm in the minority, but I really didn't like it. Scotland is pretty and I like that Johansson's body isn't retouched ad absurdum. But there's a certain type of film - Upstream Colour; Tree of Life; this... that break the mould, sure, but maintain the mediocrity. The innovation feels more formal, more apparent than conceptual. And it all seems suspiciously steeped in the overinflated identities of average men.

23. Criteriamor's rating of the film Under the Skin

The only reason I can come up with for all the buzz around this film is Scarlett Johansson. Glazer has a knack for getting A-list actresses to act in his garbage films. If you know why let me know.

24. James Roth's rating of the film Under the Skin