1. FISCHER's rating of the film Under the Sun of Satan

Décriée par les uns, encensée par les autres, cette oeuvre ne mérite pas tant d'attention. A quand la reprise du chef-d'oeuvre de Bresson : "Mouchette" (1967) pour qu'en pâlisse généreusement le soleil de Maurice Pialat... www.cinefiches.com

2. Jugu Abraham's rating of the film Under the Sun of Satan

One of the two best films of Maurice Pialat and winner of the Golden Palm at Cannes. My detailed review is at http://moviessansfrontiers.blogspot.in/2017/08/209-french-director-maurice-pialats.html

3. Victor Morosoff's rating of the film Under the Sun of Satan

4. Johnny Seeker's rating of the film Under the Sun of Satan

I need to re-watch this soon!

5. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film Under the Sun of Satan

Hmm. I thought this was Under the Tuscan Sun.

6. Stephane Tanaka's rating of the film Under the Sun of Satan

I really can't get the hype about it. It was quite a pain for me to watch. Long, boring, uninteresting, nothing really new, falsely subversive...

7. Sol Petchorine's rating of the film Under the Sun of Satan

_ Tu l’as sens l’immense tromperie de ta vie ? Tu l’entends le rire de celui qui te trompe ?

8. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film Under the Sun of Satan

The kind of religious internal battles that Dreyer or Bergman would have taken on. A disturbed air, foggy and blue.

9. ammar's rating of the film Under the Sun of Satan

10. L'immoralistee's rating of the film Under the Sun of Satan

11. Draughtsman Without Contract's rating of the film Under the Sun of Satan

Intriguing rather than engaging. Amidst the theological musing, one wonders whether the point is that the imagined immanence of evil in the world becomes increasingly significant as the priest experiences psychological pressure; or a direct theological position that Satan also has direct influence in the world; or whether social background influences one's ease or otherwise with ambiguity. Top screaming too.

12. Rafael Zen's rating of the film Under the Sun of Satan

Wow, this is beautiful! Long dialogues and stunning scenes from the start to the end. If you seek for a film with breathtaking stills, this is it: very dramatic, very theatrical, very strong. Pialat puts together a plot to evoke emotions - every death scene is a mesmerizing performance. That last scene will stay with me for some time now.

13. V.S. Luoma-aho's rating of the film Under the Sun of Satan

Beautiful lighting throughout & I love Bonnaire and Depardieu in this, but the dialogue, for me, is oblique and too literature-heavy. The theatrical quality of the monological dialogues dampen the effect and/or the themes. Is it the French that does this? I'm not sure, but often I found myself wondering what was going on, what were the motives and interior forces behind the words. No one, of course, speaks like that.

14. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Under the Sun of Satan

I didn't really get Depardieu till I saw this.

15. crnstsc's rating of the film Under the Sun of Satan

16. Elena Lazic's rating of the film Under the Sun of Satan

17. Catarina C Gomes's rating of the film Under the Sun of Satan

The performances are stiff as bull horns

18. lina maj's rating of the film Under the Sun of Satan

19. Cichlisuite's rating of the film Under the Sun of Satan

20. nein's rating of the film Under the Sun of Satan

I think I lost it after disappearing of Bonnaire.

21. Duncan Gray's rating of the film Under the Sun of Satan

Long scenes of dialogue suddenly interrupted by whiplash plot turns. Parts of it play like a giant "fuck you" to Robert Bresson, and that's not necessarily a bad thing. It's a provocative tale, where what people take away from their faiths can either be the darkness or the light. If they can even sort out the difference.

22. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film Under the Sun of Satan

Here is an example of good Christian cinema, one that poses many moral questions that are worth discussing!

23. Dennis Morgan's rating of the film Under the Sun of Satan

Faithless in faith! A very powerful film that really captures how easy it is to see the darkness rather than the light! A truly existential film that shows that whatever we claim to believe we are all in darkness and yet a bullet hole of light is shining through if we look hard enough. Depardieu was amazing and it's worth watching this film for his performance alone!

24. Ben Dooley's rating of the film Under the Sun of Satan

I am consistently stunned by the force of Pialat, not known at all in the UK. This one depicts a Catholic priest considered 'stupid' in his training, but who appears to have saintly powers.