1. ginobartolomi's rating of the film Underground

an unusual epic that sweeps from wildly funny to intensely emotional, with hints of Fellini and Greenway all the way through, yet it remains to be something so beautifully unique, unlike anything you've ever seen before...have I sold you on it yet?

2. vizija's rating of the film Underground

"Nema rata dok ne digne ruku brat na brata."

3. yovargas's rating of the film Underground

A mad, wild, delirious, manic, absurd delight! An utterly ridiculous movie I barely understood but didn't care to because it was all so ridiculously entertaining, filled with giddy sights and sounds both hilarious and fascinating. There may also be some profound ideas buried in here - about revolution, war, greed? - but if so I was too dizzy to catch them. It gets a big grin and an A-.

4. ap's rating of the film Underground

5. Bruno's rating of the film Underground

Chateia-me ter de dar estrelinhas aos filmes para poder fazer comentário, como não sendo as ideias abertas ao invés de fechadas. E quais ideias, por aí se começa, não faço puta ideia que pensar deste, uma cambada de lunáticos e fornicadores, digo-vos, os homens novos do amanhã, entretanto mais carnificina, não bastavam as outras, e onde as gentes, onde o país

6. Renton47's rating of the film Underground

I cant abide by this as a history lesson because I've never known lessons to be this fun - at times I genuinely believed Marx Brothers had adapted Gravity's Rainbow. I am dubious of its political cred, the broadest satire that piggybacks on historical tragedy, complicated relationship to its women. But as virtuosic as some deranged circus choreography, honoring the greats of slapstick, its an accomplished vision.

7. João Portalegre's rating of the film Underground

(rewatched the long cut) I probably dropped a star because it took me a week to finish all the episodes (and due to some problems that may not be present in the shorter cut), but it's still amazing. I actually can't express my love for the fourth episode, which has incredible moments - my words really don't do those fifty minutes justice. I'll watch the film version soon, so I'll be sure to report on that.

8. Mert Kaya's rating of the film Underground

It tries to make sense while being nonsense. It is actually good movie but I personally didn't like that narration. 3.5.

9. ermete polpette's rating of the film Underground

10. edera's rating of the film Underground

11. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Underground

7.7/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-2Km

12. Anand Kani's rating of the film Underground

This is one loud drunken Balkan stupor; baroque, gaudy, insane, epic, plenitudinous, layered with vodka wisdom and plum rakija insights into all things primitive - love, betrayal and war; produced by a country that exists no longer. It is a celebration of devastation, a distilled (to some, reduced) polemic absent of political chicanery, a panegyric for innocence and longing.

13. bagno's rating of the film Underground

io ci ho riprovato invano

14. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Underground

15. pezfelinoespia's rating of the film Underground

Una obra maestra!!!! sea como se vea... en mi caso me hace pensar en que muestra la realidad según Kusturica...como vivimos engañados y encerrados por los que se llevan todo el dinero...pensando que estamos bien y que nos mantienen libres de todo mal, pero viviendo en una burbuja y ellos llevándose todo lo bueno...una gran mención es la banda sonora, la hace parte de la película, genial! sin música no se puede vivir.

16. Alvise Narduzzi's rating of the film Underground

La quintessenza di Emir Kusturica. Tutto ciò che appare nel film urla il suo nome, dall'assurdità totale della storia, alle scene grottescamente surreali, alla fortissima componente balcanica che impregna tutta la pellicola. Riesce nell'intento di far riflettere sulla guerra e la sua assurdità, con una leggerezza tale da strapparti molte, inevitabili risate. Una commedia bellica. La scena iniziale è leggendaria. Ajde

17. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Underground

18. Jake.Durston's rating of the film Underground

"A war is no war until the brother kills his brother."

19. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Underground

What will be made when my country unravels?

20. ninchok's rating of the film Underground

21. Güven Şahinkanat's rating of the film Underground

I have read that kusturica influenced by renoir . When I see slow camera movements , I believed that is true.The main role of camera is simple . Firstly it focuses several people' bodies when they are talking about something at that time, then it moves more larger plan slowly .there is always an action in background. İn every scene , every plan. there is no empty background. for this reason there are dynamic images.

22. Muraki's rating of the film Underground

an epic tale represents a long period of war time

23. postblueink's rating of the film Underground

24. Max Seqgar's rating of the film Underground

Impressive... 5 stars simply do not suffice!