1. Ruby's rating of the film Until the Light Takes Us

A fantastic doco mainly chronicling the mainstream incorporation of Norweigan black metal into pop culture and art, and the origins of the genre with Mayhem and the church burnings. Varg is chilling as alway, Fenriz is surprisingly funny and amiable and overall a good (if not a little rough around the edges) summary of the challenges facing the genre years after it's creation.

2. Žymantė Tra's rating of the film Until the Light Takes Us

Back to the roots - a tribute to the black metal. Loved the comparison of true BM in comparison to sissy Satyricon. Makes me wanna throw up.

3. Aivaras_Z's rating of the film Until the Light Takes Us

Nice look into the black metal culture, including not only the true originals (Darkthrone), but also those who have made the movement into a parody (yeah, Satyricon sucks). This makes for a pretty entertaining viewing. Varg is still a scumbag, though.

4. Marjan Mar's rating of the film Until the Light Takes Us

5. V.S. Luoma-aho's rating of the film Until the Light Takes Us

Truly intersting little documentary, which focuses mainly on Varg and Gylve (Fenriz). I liked the plain execution and the talking heads, but I wished for more material and more contemporaries from the early 90s Norway scene. I'd been interested in hearing more about the ideology/ideologies, since that is the maybe most relevant side of it all; ideology as a means to escape.

6. Mariana Mara Nascimento's rating of the film Until the Light Takes Us

7. Kortirion's rating of the film Until the Light Takes Us

A documentary created by those who don't get black metal for those who don't get black metal (and never will).

8. Benjamin Bland's rating of the film Until the Light Takes Us

A black metal documentary for people who don't know much about black metal (and don't want to know much about it), but it captures certain aspects of the Norwegian scene well.

9. antibody's rating of the film Until the Light Takes Us

10. AdrianM.'s rating of the film Until the Light Takes Us

Not so much a comprehensive documentary about black metal but more about the darkness and controversy around it(the title is a Burzum track so i was expecting it).it succeeded in depicting the bad influence of commercial media and although I don;t agree with Varg's non musical stunts he had some strong points, also Fenriz was quite a charismatic host+Harmony Korine as brief bonus

11. Giles J Davis's rating of the film Until the Light Takes Us

12. Hank Hill's rating of the film Until the Light Takes Us

It made me want to take death metal seriously. This is a momentous accomplishment for any documentary director.

13. zsa zsa's rating of the film Until the Light Takes Us

i thought this was an environmental documentary

14. ULA ZUHRA's rating of the film Until the Light Takes Us

everyone in this film is like..everyone i'd want to marry, i'll even let them stab me :)

15. Christian's rating of the film Until the Light Takes Us

16. Thirdi Canggi's rating of the film Until the Light Takes Us

Besides 7 Ages of Rock, this is the most enlightening documentary on music. This is an answer to Samuel Dunn (Metal: A Headbanger's Journey) who says he never understands the phenomena of Scandinavian (Black) Metal that seems to have its indigenous characteristics. It's probably a film with the coldest (and real) character I've ever seen. And judging by his brief appearance, Harmony Korine seems sort of misleading..

17. Xesus Duarte Patiño Rumbo's rating of the film Until the Light Takes Us

18. Daniel Iván's rating of the film Until the Light Takes Us

Outstanding, mainly because -as a great documentary should- it allows to face the thoughts, ideas and circumstances of a bunch of guys you don't necessarily will agree with. This documentary is not "politically correct" and that's something the directors should be proud of.

19. This is Jake Kath's rating of the film Until the Light Takes Us

After resenting any form of metal in my teen years, I've recently come to respect Black Metal as a legitimate form of artistic expression. Therefore, I found this doc to be very informative but not particularly well-made. There's way too many scenes showcasing the people being interviewed in their own environment and I personally would have enjoyed more from MAYHAM.

20. NoOneJones's rating of the film Until the Light Takes Us

Kinda depressing actually.

21. Mike's rating of the film Until the Light Takes Us

I'm not really one for metal, but this got me into Burzum and Sunn O))), and was a good enough documentary on its own.

22. Rully Resa's rating of the film Until the Light Takes Us

listening to darkthrone without Skepticism

23. botibol's rating of the film Until the Light Takes Us

Does anybody know if any of this other doumentaries are worth watching? Det svarte alvor (1994). Satan rir Media (English: Satan Rides the Media) (1998). Norsk Black Metal (2003), Black Metal: A Documentary (2006), produced by Bill Zebub. Murder Music: A History of Black Metal (2007). Once Upon a Time in Norway (2007). Pure Fucking Mayhem (2008) Black Metal: The Norwegian Legacy (2008), produced by Bill Zebub.

24. kampton's rating of the film Until the Light Takes Us

Unlike Ula, I wouldn't let these people stab me but I found this doc fascinating if a bit cryptic. . I will have to watch it again as it relies heavily on juxtaposition. Plus I loved the soundtrack.