1. Amandio Filipe Moura's rating of the film Upstream Color

2. Shahin Katila's rating of the film Upstream Color

3. Trunfos's rating of the film Upstream Color

8,6. beautiful. Shane Carruth, what a director

4. hemachandra's rating of the film Upstream Color

An exquisite cinema of impressions and technique, this film is one of the most transcendent movie-watching experiences of my life. It's utterly perplexing and hypnotically powerful. It's shot so beautifully that it's reminiscent of Terrence Malick's films.

5. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Upstream Color

6. Randolph Handel's rating of the film Upstream Color

This might be an imperfect film, if there is such a thing as a perfect one, but it creates one of the best examples of mise en scène I have ever felt (key word on the verb there) in a film.

7. nvmore's rating of the film Upstream Color

more of a 3.5 .nothing but a movie to impress your pretentious friends with. it's good but painfully white.

8. Crina Cătălina's rating of the film Upstream Color

Beautiful imagery, audio and overall atmosphere, but I couldn't find much substance to it and it seemed incoherent and confusing more than anything else. P.S.: Because of the cute piglets I really feel bad about the amount of pork-eating on Christmas, which is just around the corner, and am considering a second attempt to vegetarianism as one of my new year's resolution.

9. DrFirestone's rating of the film Upstream Color

Drifting consciousness, emotions or perhaps states of mind, floating in time, dreamy; expressed through beautiful cinematography. Very unique experience!

10. panagiotatos's rating of the film Upstream Color

11. Cinemarco's rating of the film Upstream Color

3 stars for the cinematography/aesthetics...1 star to the screenplay and the story which i found quite impossible to understand and very pretentiously artificial.

12. Lintang A.'s rating of the film Upstream Color

13. Quattro's rating of the film Upstream Color

A collage of vaguely evocative, indie-ish scenes that would unlikely make a movie. Anyway, I loved the parts where Amy Seimetz does things. And those in which she stays still as well.

14. User Kane's rating of the film Upstream Color

Simply one of the best indie films ever made.

15. Drew Kelly's rating of the film Upstream Color

Ultimately this seemed like an allegory for reckoning with passed drug abuse--yet with the ubquity of obfuscation here, it seems like the film is scared to ground itself in emotions or story at all, leaving me feeling a bit empty. It just seems to be trying to hard to be cool, with a faux instagram filter aesthetic. Occasionally there are moments of really beauty though.

16. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Upstream Color

17. M Madalena Alves's rating of the film Upstream Color

18. Morris Bros.'s rating of the film Upstream Color

19. Mehran.E's rating of the film Upstream Color

2.5. Granted, I had high expectations for this one. It is really low on SciFi element as opposed to what it is marketed by and what you would expect from the director of "Primer". The first half of the movie is the better part, especially the exposition.

20. Elle Johnston's rating of the film Upstream Color

I'm either not smart enough to get this or it just sucked balls.

21. EdieEmm's rating of the film Upstream Color

This was one of those films I'd seen before but would've sworn I hadn't till I started faintly recognizing scenes (which, in fairness, has happened with better films, and has everything to do with my memory). The aptness of which made it more engaging than it might've been (say, that first time). Still, & even with the Aronofsky edits & all those heavyhanded signifiers of depth... I don't buy it. Cinematic snake-oil.

22. Fabiha's rating of the film Upstream Color

absolutely pretentious

23. Kate's rating of the film Upstream Color

Lol what? will have to watch like 5 more times.

24. SBERB's rating of the film Upstream Color

mha... credo di non aver capito niente... però il verme è stato un colpo basso