1. Michael Peer's rating of the film Used Cars

Wrote the playbook for Tarantino's Death Proof.

2. John H. Nomedal's rating of the film Used Cars

A fast-talking cartoony R-rated comedy about two used car sale businesses who do everything to make a buck on the behalf of the competition including every dirty trick in the book. Produced by Steven Spielberg and John Milius with Spielbergs own editor Michael Khan behind the scissors, Used Cars is a joy ride if you dig the humor.

3. Genre films > French New Wave's rating of the film Used Cars

See my review of Thief. In other words, it has all the right moves in terms of character, structure, dialogue and comedic set pieces but it doesn't quite click together as a successful comedy. The audio commentary is very hilarious and worth checking out.

4. Blumes's rating of the film Used Cars

5. Groovy Monster's rating of the film Used Cars

Almost worth an extra star just for the great '80s cable TV memories this movie evokes! But I'll stick with a more sensible 3. Loved it as a teenager and while I still have a nostalgic soft spot for it, I re-watched it just last year for the first time in many years and it didn't quite hold up as well as I hoped it would. While flawed and somewhat dated, it's still VERY funny at times and has lots of classic lines!