1. weinbrandbabsi's rating of the film Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets

You get what you expect I guess? The frames & settings are really good, but no new legend, if anyone really did suspect

2. Luke Lomeli's rating of the film Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets

3. ninchok's rating of the film Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets

THIS WAS SO GOOD!! I regained hope in modern cinematography.

4. Mr. Gumby's rating of the film Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets

Awkward performances and a badly constructed narrative that kills all the presumed twists before they happened, Valerian is the film that became typical from Besson: a brainless entertainment action pack, which in this case, can't make justice to the quality of the source material. It's kind of funny, because if the comics influenced various movies like Star Wars, this adaptation just looks like one more lazy...

5. Ana Sousa's rating of the film Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets

Rihanna was a revelation. She came to slay! Cara (btw, didn't know she also sings!) fit perfectly in the role with her modelling-robotic walk and her adorable awkwardness. Hawke made me laugh like never before. Even though the opening sequence is literally out of this world and meeting Mül mindblowing, it took me some time to be completely immersed in the beginning and then felt kinda lost towards the end.

6. Chenny Aviana's rating of the film Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets

7. Kurmismedituoja's rating of the film Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets

wish it was more of not just super cool visual movie. opening - amazing. effects - wow. costumes, makeup - thumbs up. But the acting was a bit off. the main character - valerian was just not something I wish to follow. had some cute elements, very few good jokes, lots of good production and scenery.

8. Sarah's rating of the film Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets

mini sexism all over the film -.-

9. yigitpinarbasi's rating of the film Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets

CGI-CGI-Chasing-Boom-Kiss-Boom-Chasing-Saving-CGI-CGI-Love-Cool OST-The End

10. Tigrão's rating of the film Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets

Rihanna was the best thing about this film, and this mere fact shows a lot about my appreciation of this film.

11. Gone Daddy Gone's rating of the film Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets

12. josh scam's rating of the film Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets

a powerful reminder of how easily a brilliant imagination can be corrupted by convention

13. William's rating of the film Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets

Good-natured, consistently creative and (perhaps most impressive of all) visually splendorous without overwhelming/numbing the senses. The Rihanna as "Bubble"/banquet sequences are a highlight. Looking forward to seeing it again on the big screen.

14. Kamran's rating of the film Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets

Spectacular imagery combines with fascinating concepts in Besson's subversive take on romance in future-space. 78/100 - Very Good. (3.5)

15. astygianelysium's rating of the film Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets

I love how ridiculous this movie is. I don't care if Besson is a pompous, self-serious idiot. I hate white male fragility, which survives entire genocides. I love this film's commitment to that fragility as the film's one true villain. I love the incredibly pat romance, whose flat acting is ripped straight out of a tween TV show. And most of all, I love Rihanna reciting Rimbaud in her cosmically slinky meta-role.

16. jrhmy's rating of the film Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Bad Actors.

17. Adham T. Fusama's rating of the film Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets

18. chanandre's rating of the film Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets

[3D] One of the sweetest opening credit sequences I've seen in a while: a myriad of genders, professions, nationalities, races, ethnic groups and species hold & shake hands while 'Space Oddity' by David Bowie plays along as the space station is being extended (As of now the most moving homage to Bowie - a collaborative genius within the film and music art world). Cara: do caralho. Rihanna: an actress is born. ▽

19. vladimirbalt's rating of the film Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets

Some swing, some miss. Fantastic in parts, as a whole quite poor.

20. lostlevel's rating of the film Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets

I wanted to like it more. Normally I'm an unrepentant Besson fan but this was visually engaging more than anything else. Perhaps the title is evidence enough; it could all have been a little more concise. Moreover I don't need to hear "Valerian" umpteen times in a scene with only 2 characters talking.

21. Anca.'s rating of the film Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets

Visually stunning, but at times I felt like I was watching two teenagers trying to fit into their adult jobs.

22. Z's rating of the film Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets

Most assuredly a fabulous looking, epic disaster. This movie is an eye-popping visual wonder, a delight for the eyes. However, Besson has chosen to tether his bountiful world building to a cringe inducing script full of regressive cliches. Valerian is a jerk and DeHaan throws gasoline on the fire with his snide, creepy performance. Delevingne fares better and gives her unwieldy dialogue the required pep and charm.

23. João Luís Ribeiro's rating of the film Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets

2.5 / 5 for the stunning visuals

24. thelastronaut's rating of the film Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets

I want to live on the seashell planet! Visually stunning and overflowing with ideas, the movie unfortunately drags at the end. Couldn't help but think of how the recent "Star Wars" movies suffer from being too beholden to the original trilogy and not to the original space opera, ten-ideas-a-second style art that originally inspired Lucas and seem to have inspired Besson here.