1. bloodcurdlingsameness's rating of the film Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets

Absolutely gorgeous, but there was zero chemistry between Dane DeHaan and Cara Delevingne. Next time just cast Annie Clark alongside Delevingne.

2. samuele90's rating of the film Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets

Diventano chiari i binari di indecenza su cui si muove l'intero film, quando, dopo manco due minuti dall'inizio, compaiono gli astronauti indiani col turbante.

3. vegeta85's rating of the film Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets

2,5/3. un film comunque su cui riflettere.

4. Django's rating of the film Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets

Rarely has more money been spent for such a middling return. Like all Besson films, this one looks great but the script is weak to the point of disaster. Motivations are thin to indiscernible, the dialog is unremarkable at best, and the leads have absolutely no chemistry at all.

5. bryanvmh's rating of the film Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets

Better than Avatar about dealing with colonialist histories in a sci-fi context, Dane Dehaan is (purposefully?) insanely miscast and the central romance HAS to be unbelievable for their love to be worth being irrational about

6. keremebrulee's rating of the film Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets

That's 2 hours of my life I am not getting back.

7. Renton47's rating of the film Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets

So Starship Troopers proved we could all get behind "fascist camp", but are you hip enough for UTOPIC CAMP? Its like the queer relative of Star Wars, and not afraid to accuse that film of war crimes. Big, OTT, delightfully psych, that it's not interested in sticking to a point will upset some, for others the detour into RiRi's drag act will BE the point. No one seems confused this should've been called Laureline.

8. Henrique Amud's rating of the film Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets

12 year old Luc Besson is just enjoying himself so much that he forgot a bit about the audience. I get it, the FX and visuals are really cool, but other than that, this feels like a straight to dvd spin of to "Avatar 5 - Maybe $omeday This'll End". It is amazing how bland everyone is here (I was expecting the good ol'goofy bad, but not this).

9. weinbrandbabsi's rating of the film Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets

You get what you expect I guess? The frames & settings are really good, but no new legend, if anyone really did suspect

10. Luke Lomeli's rating of the film Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets

11. ninchok's rating of the film Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets

THIS WAS SO GOOD!! I regained hope in modern cinematography.

12. Mr. Gumby's rating of the film Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets

Awkward performances and a badly constructed narrative that kills all the presumed twists before they happened, Valerian is the film that became typical from Besson: a brainless entertainment action pack, which in this case, can't make justice to the quality of the source material. It's kind of funny, because if the comics influenced various movies like Star Wars, this adaptation just looks like one more lazy...

13. Ana Sousa's rating of the film Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets

Rihanna was a revelation. She came to slay! Cara (btw, didn't know she also sings!) fit perfectly in the role with her modelling-robotic walk and her adorable awkwardness. Hawke made me laugh like never before. Even though the opening sequence is literally out of this world and meeting Mül mindblowing, it took me some time to be completely immersed in the beginning and then felt kinda lost towards the end.

14. Chenny Aviana's rating of the film Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets

15. Kurmismedituoja's rating of the film Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets

wish it was more of not just super cool visual movie. opening - amazing. effects - wow. costumes, makeup - thumbs up. But the acting was a bit off. the main character - valerian was just not something I wish to follow. had some cute elements, very few good jokes, lots of good production and scenery.

16. Sarah's rating of the film Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets

mini sexism all over the film -.-

17. yigitpinarbasi's rating of the film Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets

CGI-CGI-Chasing-Boom-Kiss-Boom-Chasing-Saving-CGI-CGI-Love-Cool OST-The End

18. Tigrão's rating of the film Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets

Rihanna was the best thing about this film, and this mere fact shows a lot about my appreciation of this film.

19. Gone Daddy Gone's rating of the film Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets

20. josh scam's rating of the film Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets

a powerful reminder of how easily a brilliant imagination can be corrupted by convention

21. William's rating of the film Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets

Good-natured, consistently creative and (perhaps most impressive of all) visually splendorous without overwhelming/numbing the senses. The Rihanna as "Bubble"/banquet sequences are a highlight. Looking forward to seeing it again on the big screen.

22. Kamran's rating of the film Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets

Spectacular imagery combines with fascinating concepts in Besson's subversive take on romance in future-space. 78/100 - Very Good. (3.5)

23. astygianelysium's rating of the film Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets

I love how ridiculous this movie is. I don't care if Besson is a pompous, self-serious idiot. I hate white male fragility, which survives entire genocides. I love this film's commitment to that fragility as the film's one true villain. I love the incredibly pat romance, whose flat acting is ripped straight out of a tween TV show. And most of all, I love Rihanna reciting Rimbaud in her cosmically slinky meta-role.

24. jrhmy's rating of the film Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Bad Actors.