1. FISCHER's rating of the film Valerie and Her Week of Wonders

Une sorte de foisonnant puzzle baroque, enchanteur et enchanté, avec une superbe partition musicale, une constante et séduisante chorégraphie visuelle et une jeune comédienne étonnante qui confirmera ultérieurement ses évidents talents d'actrice, dans quelques films tchèques marquants de l'époque. www.cinefiches.com

2. angeldromero's rating of the film Valerie and Her Week of Wonders

WOW, simply WOW, watch this film immediately! The surrealism and the fairy-tale elements make this the most important work of art I've seen about the early sexual desires of a young teen girl. A young girl becoming an object of desire. A beautiful experience, don't fight it but enjoy the most out of it.

3. DimasRimbaud's rating of the film Valerie and Her Week of Wonders

4. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Valerie and Her Week of Wonders

Equal parts languid and lurid. I like my Surrealism a little more earthbound and less floaty than this. The goth folk-revivalist aesthetic is dreamy, but sterile. I suspect if you were raised a Catholic then, hitting adolescence, renounced your faith and became a Wiccan, then this film is going to speak wonders to you! Admittedly honest in its willingness to reveal the hebephilia at the heart of much male Surrealism.

5. Dada Kubin's rating of the film Valerie and Her Week of Wonders

It’s a kind of cliché, yet still: every frame of this film is an art piece. If for no other reason, watch this for the eye candy (and that doesn’t mean just the beautiful Valerie). Jireš’s film is a prime example of east European surrealism, along the lines of Has and Parajanov. It’s loaded with symbolism, strong contrasts, colours, oddball characters (important: vampires!) and an unparalled atmosphere.

6. ginobartolomi's rating of the film Valerie and Her Week of Wonders

7. www.id9805367.chwuza.ru's rating of the film Valerie and Her Week of Wonders

I have a love/hate relationship towards this film

8. Claire (bookscoffeeandrepeat)'s rating of the film Valerie and Her Week of Wonders

An erotic and trippy coming of age story with crude and horrific imagery in relation to a teenager's "sexual awakening." I think this is supposed to be an allegorical film but I don't quite get all the symbolism that's been portrayed here. However, this had still been interesting and surreal. I'm unsure if the protagonist dreamt that she dreamt or if everything was all a dream (representing her unconscious mind?).

9. Enkiled's rating of the film Valerie and Her Week of Wonders

Basically Lolita plus incest, anathemas, nosferatus and sex magick. Nothing defying of God

10. eccestefan's rating of the film Valerie and Her Week of Wonders

captivating, one of the best

11. twinpeaks's rating of the film Valerie and Her Week of Wonders

Father or monster? Mother or captivating long-lost cousin? Brother or lover? This film was surreal from start to finish.

12. dionysus67's rating of the film Valerie and Her Week of Wonders

Maybe too carnivalesque not in terms of the exquisite images but in terms of the breaching of logical coherence, this celebrated cult arthouse extols the unconscious, the pagan effervescence of (Christian and folklore) symbols and the sexual innuendos in the acts of anthropophagy. Infuriating at points but a trip to medieval folk mysticism. Beneath it lies an sharp critique of political oppression.

13. xer vokun's rating of the film Valerie and Her Week of Wonders

Has an aesthetic charm to it, found the moment when the true nature of that vampiric character was revealed quite pleasing then it slowly cascades into a mirage

14. The Macho King's rating of the film Valerie and Her Week of Wonders

(1 of 2) After all the years of hearing people talk about this film, with how they built it up and their enthusiasm for it, i finally sat down to watch it... and for me it was just a big let down in all honesty. I have no issues these "types" of films (dream like/surreal ect- in fact that was apart of the appeal for me initially) i just think it's pretty bad at it. The jarring editing feels very amateur like as well.

15. Elena's rating of the film Valerie and Her Week of Wonders

Sensual and eerie fairytale

16. Anca.'s rating of the film Valerie and Her Week of Wonders

Pretty and all but... she is 13 !!

17. Nachtreich's rating of the film Valerie and Her Week of Wonders

18. Ana Sousa's rating of the film Valerie and Her Week of Wonders

19. Amandio Filipe Moura's rating of the film Valerie and Her Week of Wonders

Not for all tastes, but beautifully filmed

20. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Valerie and Her Week of Wonders

21. Boyuan123's rating of the film Valerie and Her Week of Wonders

Freaking LOVED THIS FILM.

22. amandav's rating of the film Valerie and Her Week of Wonders