1. lou.'s rating of the film Valhalla Rising

Way too much blood, for my delicate taste. But I can see the power of cinematography in between cruel images.

2. Josh the Bookseller's rating of the film Valhalla Rising

Like doing peyote & watching someone play a dumbass video game. I did enjoy a lot of the impressionistic/collage editing sequences, and (as always) great cinematography, but this thing just doesn't stack up.

3. Thomas's rating of the film Valhalla Rising

4. Addiena of Mubi land's rating of the film Valhalla Rising

5. Dada Kubin's rating of the film Valhalla Rising

Impressive stuff, at least for us who appreciate NWR’s stylised brutality, visual aesthetics, and artistic audacity. And we’ve got it all here. “Valhalla Rising” feels like a trip into cultural subconsciousness with all the beauty and ugliness, the violence and search for peace that it includes. You have to be willing to take this trip, in order to enjoy it.

6. mpho3's rating of the film Valhalla Rising

Mads/One-Eye = Odin Christ. 3.5 stars

7. Graf von Zahl's rating of the film Valhalla Rising

Certainly exceeded my expectations. Gore on a theatre stage. I've only seen one movie with more mud than in here. Don't adjust colour settings on your TV set - this is really how it supposed to be.

8. aliasgenius's rating of the film Valhalla Rising

9. Balthaz21's rating of the film Valhalla Rising

10. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Valhalla Rising

I think it's a different visual language than we're used to. Some seem easier to decipher, like this one, but there's a lot of weird stuff in it. You have to turn off certain expectations.

11. Paolo Utili's rating of the film Valhalla Rising

12. dave gunn's rating of the film Valhalla Rising

This Norse nightmare plays on in a dreamy way throughout horrific acts of violence under a tense, foreboding score. Aside from some cheap CGI blood I would have preferred not be there, this was a strategically accomplished film, lead surprisingly well by a man with no dialog.

13. R's rating of the film Valhalla Rising

refn is zack snyder for entry-level hipsters

14. Elia Canevascini's rating of the film Valhalla Rising

Premetto che non sono riuscito a comprenderlo a pieno, per diversi tratti mi ha ricordato The Revenant.

15. Bob's rating of the film Valhalla Rising

Narrative functions as an allegory based on six chapters with bleak overtones. But there's a sharp imagery that almost fulfills empty spaces of symbolism with clarity of beautiful landscapes even when they're presented as a hell itself. As the story progress, feels like it's going nowhere so everything is left to mute performance and charisma of Mads Mikkelsen. And he does it masterfully.

16. Joaquín Font's rating of the film Valhalla Rising

Una bestia. Una pelicula que pertenece a la estirpe de Apocalypsis Now y Aguirre der Zorn Gottes.

17. Joao Francisco Pinho's rating of the film Valhalla Rising

O ponto máximo da violência visual.

18. Daniel Roque's rating of the film Valhalla Rising

Violent, crude and visceral, the silences are more painful than the screams. This is definitely not my type of movie, but damn, I'm a sucker for this gloomy-foggy-mountains cinematography and Mads Mikkelsen kills it all without opening up his mouth.

19. vordven's rating of the film Valhalla Rising

20. Teguh prayoga's rating of the film Valhalla Rising

What an intriguing atmosphere!

21. Axel's rating of the film Valhalla Rising

Un loup solitaire, beaucoup de violence, très peu de répliques : pas de doute, on est bien chez N. Winding Refn. On est hors du temps, comme projeté dans un univers post-apocalyptique alors que l'on est en l'an mille. C'est très beau, les paysages écossais sont à couper le souffle et font oublier certaines longueurs (la partie "l'enfer" est interminable) et des bruitages parfois exagérés.

22. Philipp Reinke's rating of the film Valhalla Rising

Erinnert etwas an Herzogs Aguirre. Wirklich interessant ist aber eher die Beziehung zwischen dem stummen Kämpfer Einauge und dem unschuldigen Kind Are. Beide leben in einer Welt des Hasses und füllen in ihrer Sorge umeinander diese trostlose, kalte, aber dennoch wunderschöne Landschaft mit Liebe. Die Handlung lebt von diesen starken Kontrasten. Ein sehenswerter Film.

23. Pline K's rating of the film Valhalla Rising

I don't know. I really don't know. After watching it it feels like having seen some pretty tough violence (ok, no surprise in a Winding Refn film), and then something with a ship and then... nothing...?

24. Robert Peters-Gehrke's rating of the film Valhalla Rising

Stark raving mad arthouse film, pretentious wanna-be Tarkovskij, allegory for the inevitable demise of civilization? It is up to you what you make of this beautifully shot movie with its slow pace and his love-affair with the Mikkelsen face. Is it a good thing when a film provokes extremely different reactions?

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7