1. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Valmont

I'm comparing this movie to DL and LLD. This movie was open, whereas DL was claustrophobic. DL wins. Colin Firth was charming, while John Malkovich was venomous. I actually preferred Gerard Philipe. Glenn Close was bold, which I preferred over Annette Bening. Still, Jeanne Moreau wins. Fairuza Balk seemed way too young and innocent, while Uma Thurman seemed more willing. Annette Stroyberg wins. Continued.

2. FISCHER's rating of the film Valmont

Une oeuvre fort plaisante où l'esprit de libertinage du roman est tant soit peu trahi, mais qui mérite tout de même éloges et considérations, pour le suave jeu des acteurs. www.cinefiches.com

3. Mohammad Ebrahimian's rating of the film Valmont

4. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Valmont

5. Bhegi Billi's rating of the film Valmont

6. Don't Get Nasty Brother's rating of the film Valmont

Oh my god is that Fairuza Balk on the picture. She was cute.

7. Pierluigi Puccini's rating of the film Valmont

Less energetic and lush than the one directed by Stephen Frears, even with a younger and fresher, cast. Forman bets for a subtler approach and decides to concentrate solely on the tribulations of the character that names the film, finishing it before other characters' fate come to full circle. In my view, a controversial decision that gives the upper hand to Frears' previously released take on the same story.

8. Samuel Righi's rating of the film Valmont

9. Nikyatu's rating of the film Valmont

Umm Fairuza was like 17 there...sure she was prettier...pedophiles.

10. Mugino's rating of the film Valmont

While I agree with my MUBI friends that this film isn't stellar, I prefer the casting of Firth/Bening over Malkovich/Close in "Dangerous Liaisons" which came out around the same time (not that there was anything bad about the performances in Frears' film).