1. Juan Javier's rating of the film Vampir

2. DebraM's rating of the film Vampir

I thoroughly enjoyed this surrealist take on the horror film. Almost a documentary but I think more of a deconstruction of the genre, it was quite fascinating!

3. Eric Rucker's rating of the film Vampir

I wanted more of what it gave, much more, and I was irked that it did not serve up a big main course of what it convinced me was delicious.

4. zubee's rating of the film Vampir

I had a problem with the sound for the first 30 minutes -- I had none. The movie improved with it. The biggest problem is there are some disconnects within the story -- overall good because of its message that we are all vampirs. Great point.

5. Slappy McGee's rating of the film Vampir

An interesting experimental documentary. This semi-documentary uses ODD and DISTURBING SOUND CUES to create an extremely unsettling mood for this film-within-a-film. Although this drags in the middle, it is still quite fascinating to absorb. And "absorb" IS the best way to describe how to experience this. The final scene with Lee describing the death of Dracula at the end of the novel... is a perfect ending here.

6. Rod's rating of the film Vampir

Hope you like shaky camera work and grainy film....because this movie has it in spades. Apparently, there are people who say this movie was subversive to the Franco Regime, search me how. The ambient score had its moments, though.

7. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film Vampir

I actually think I prefer this to the actual Hammer 'Dracula'. Cutting sound almost completely down to ambient noise, as well as casting the color scheme into high-contrast black-and-white makes the footage a lot more haunting to behold, especially when the documentary element is less visible. Granted, it is interesting to pick apart as a documentary, too.

8. Haley's rating of the film Vampir

This was obviously an old film by the sound and the fact that it was in black and white. I can't tell the exact year though. This film was about a composer's journey surviving in Poland during World War II. The story it tells was actually real and factual so I thought that was interesting. In my opinion, it was boring because this isn't my type of movie, but anyone who likes history would enjoy this movie.

9. Elise's rating of the film Vampir

This film was especially interesting to watch! What was unique about the film was the fact that it was a horror film about the making of a horror film, which in itself is hard to get a complete understanding of. It is obvious that the film was planned out carefully by the director so that it is easy for the audience to make sense of what is going on and so that it is enjoyable to watch.

10. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film Vampir

11. Ruiz Buñuel's rating of the film Vampir

Way too much contrast in certain areas, and what happened to the sound?? Just kidding, it's great. I just wish its effect was as good as its concept.

12. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film Vampir

13. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Vampir

14. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film Vampir

This is my first Pere Portablla film and I am really curious to see more now. The way he re-appropriates a trashy horror film is poetic, haunting, and beautiful!

15. Rui Oliveira's rating of the film Vampir

Very interesting experimental doc about the behind the scenes of Jess Franco's "El Conde Drácula", one of the best classic Spanish horror films of the 70s.

16. Victor Gonzalez's rating of the film Vampir

Jess Franco, Pere Portabella, Joan Brossa and Dracula together? You can't ask for more.

17. Ashleyp's rating of the film Vampir

Very interesting, strange concept placing the viewer within the filmmaking process but also distanced from it. Loved it.

18. ajdehany's rating of the film Vampir

Even better than the real thing! Really! Is this real? Really? A fine concept.

19. Draughtsman Without Contract's rating of the film Vampir

The central conceit of this film and the perspectival shifts between film genres, time periods, directors and characters are intriguing and occasionally illuminating. However, I found myself admiring rather than loving the result.

20. Dan and Val Freeman's rating of the film Vampir

Looks fantastic, sounds fantastic, utterly bonkers ... marvellous even if it is a bit too long even at 67 minutes. Well done to MUBI for digging this one out!

21. Rachel Aylett's rating of the film Vampir

Bizarre but very interesting. The Dracula story is one of my favourites which added to my enjoyment of this. Feel confused as to how much my enjoyment was down to this or Franco's film - which I would now love to see by the way. Anything with Christopher Lee in is worth watching. Incidentally, the main soundtrack theme has appeared in another movie - with lyrics - can anyone help me with that as I can't place it?

22. Thomas's rating of the film Vampir

Although an interesting idea, the alternative variation on the theme felt disjointed and insubstantial in plot, sound and dynamic to maintain interest as a feature length exercise. It stood frustratingly on the fence between documentary/experimental art piece and ended up looking like an exhausting collection of out takes.

23. Oneb's rating of the film Vampir

The merit of the idea surpasses the execution. Appallingly over-contrasty photography. Redeemed by the privileged views given of the (usually hidden) twitches, tweeds, and quirks of the under-fed actors.

24. Tja's rating of the film Vampir

I wasn't sufficiently intoxicated to get this. Why waste time writing a script etc, etc, when you can use someone else's footage? BTW isn't there an 'E' in VAMPIR?