1. laura sahira's rating of the film Vampir

2. Graf von Zahl's rating of the film Vampir

3. FISCHER's rating of the film Vampir

La réalisation de Portabella confère à ces images une diffuse poésie, entre rêve et réalité, une sorte de songe à la fois obscure et limpide, véritable création artistique autonome. www.cinefiches.com

4. Superfrog's rating of the film Vampir

I liked the showing the ropes angle to the film with lighting apparent and scenes of how things are shot. Over this the image is pretty good. The plot and story are otherwise expected and considering the amount of times the story has been covered, not specially attractive.

5. Ludovic72's rating of the film Vampir

(3,5 / 5) Un bien curieux documentaire expérimental, sur le tournage du "Conte Dracula" de Jesús Franco. Le noir et blanc aux contrastes extrêmes, la bande-son bruitiste et décalée (ni dialogues, ni ambiance de plateau), créent une atmosphère onirique et souvent tendue. Fiction et réalité se "vampirisent" : apparitions soudaines des techniciens, répétitions, clins d'œil des acteurs… Un objet gothique assez plaisant !

6. LibertyCapz's rating of the film Vampir

It would be pretty interesting to watch this as a companion piece to Jesus Franco's original film, especially considering the fact that this is probably the superior version. Just goes to show how effective the cinematic language can be if utilized properly. Really interesting watch.

7. mmassias's rating of the film Vampir

8. ruipsoliveira's rating of the film Vampir

9. Nachtreich's rating of the film Vampir

10. Alaska Ben's rating of the film Vampir

11. Renton47's rating of the film Vampir

Put this on a double bill with Bill Morrison's Spark Of Being for a wild night of experimental horror adaptations. Even 'exposing' the construct doesn't entirely evaporate the magic of what is being seen, elaborate dress-up and a wink at the camera to suggest both play & fear are shared pleasures. And the eerie sound design doesn't NOT make this a decent Dracula adaptation.

12. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film Vampir

With alternate takes and unique behind-the-scenes moments, Pere Portabella, gives us a different version of Jesus Franco's "Count Dracula" as if it was filmed in a different time as a silent movie epic. Beautiful and atmospheric this 16mm surprise is not only a fascinating comparison piece but ends up as the better film making me wonder how "Count Dracula" would have ended up if the two directors had joined forces.

13. lesminho's rating of the film Vampir

14. dionysus67's rating of the film Vampir

A unique curiosity, this is film is rendered even more eerie than one expects due to the fluid proceedings of the original movie and to the parallel behind-the-scenes footage. It is as if the two levels blend into one single and coherent gesture against tyranny and what for me makes this even more impressive is the finale with Lee's citation from the original novel about the serene face of the dying Dracula. So good!

15. Paul Rot's rating of the film Vampir

Pere Portabella’s Dracula is one the greatest discoveries of the 21st century! Thank you MUBI. And give us more of this.

16. Tutu888's rating of the film Vampir

I couldn't get the purpose of this movie. Ugly images and an annoying soundtrack. Maybe a bit too avantgarde for my taste.

17. Isaac's rating of the film Vampir

Obra-prima do experimentalismo cinematográfico. Um filme completo feito por 'detrás das cenas". Desconstrução da realização cinematográfica e narrativa. A estética visual e sonora é impressionante: preto-e-branco de alto contraste, adicionando diversos efeitos; trilha e falas ausentes, utilizando apenas ruídos brancos; edição revelando a própria filmagem e a consciência dos atores. Aqui não cabe tudo que o filme é.

18. dodecaphonic's rating of the film Vampir

absolutely fantastic, great sound design

19. Epinephrin's rating of the film Vampir

20. Juan Javier's rating of the film Vampir

21. DebraM's rating of the film Vampir

I thoroughly enjoyed this surrealist take on the horror film. Almost a documentary but I think more of a deconstruction of the genre, it was quite fascinating!

22. Eric Rucker's rating of the film Vampir

I wanted more of what it gave, much more, and I was irked that it did not serve up a big main course of what it convinced me was delicious.

23. zubee's rating of the film Vampir

I had a problem with the sound for the first 30 minutes -- I had none. The movie improved with it. The biggest problem is there are some disconnects within the story -- overall good because of its message that we are all vampirs. Great point.

24. Slappy McGee's rating of the film Vampir

An interesting experimental documentary. This semi-documentary uses ODD and DISTURBING SOUND CUES to create an extremely unsettling mood for this film-within-a-film. Although this drags in the middle, it is still quite fascinating to absorb. And "absorb" IS the best way to describe how to experience this. The final scene with Lee describing the death of Dracula at the end of the novel... is a perfect ending here.

← Previous 1 3 4