1. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film Vampir

2. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Vampir

3. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film Vampir

This is my first Pere Portablla film and I am really curious to see more now. The way he re-appropriates a trashy horror film is poetic, haunting, and beautiful!

4. Rui Oliveira's rating of the film Vampir

Very interesting experimental doc about the behind the scenes of Jess Franco's "El Conde Drácula", one of the best classic Spanish horror films of the 70s.

5. Victor Gonzalez's rating of the film Vampir

Jess Franco, Pere Portabella, Joan Brossa and Dracula together? You can't ask for more.

6. Ashleyp's rating of the film Vampir

Very interesting, strange concept placing the viewer within the filmmaking process but also distanced from it. Loved it.

7. ajdehany's rating of the film Vampir

Even better than the real thing! Really! Is this real? Really? A fine concept.

8. Draughtsman Without Contract's rating of the film Vampir

The central conceit of this film and the perspectival shifts between film genres, time periods, directors and characters are intriguing and occasionally illuminating. However, I found myself admiring rather than loving the result.

9. Dan and Val Freeman's rating of the film Vampir

Looks fantastic, sounds fantastic, utterly bonkers ... marvellous even if it is a bit too long even at 67 minutes. Well done to MUBI for digging this one out!

10. Rachel Aylett's rating of the film Vampir

Bizarre but very interesting. The Dracula story is one of my favourites which added to my enjoyment of this. Feel confused as to how much my enjoyment was down to this or Franco's film - which I would now love to see by the way. Anything with Christopher Lee in is worth watching. Incidentally, the main soundtrack theme has appeared in another movie - with lyrics - can anyone help me with that as I can't place it?

11. Thomas's rating of the film Vampir

Although an interesting idea, the alternative variation on the theme felt disjointed and insubstantial in plot, sound and dynamic to maintain interest as a feature length exercise. It stood frustratingly on the fence between documentary/experimental art piece and ended up looking like an exhausting collection of out takes.

12. Oneb's rating of the film Vampir

The merit of the idea surpasses the execution. Appallingly over-contrasty photography. Redeemed by the privileged views given of the (usually hidden) twitches, tweeds, and quirks of the under-fed actors.

13. Tja's rating of the film Vampir

I wasn't sufficiently intoxicated to get this. Why waste time writing a script etc, etc, when you can use someone else's footage? BTW isn't there an 'E' in VAMPIR?

14. Batraptor's rating of the film Vampir

While a fascinating film, I feel you ought to be in a certain mood to watch it; as it can drag on and feel a bit boring. I would also not suggest watching it with no prior knowledge to the Dracula story.

15. raggiodisole's rating of the film Vampir

hmmm, interesting. I see the parallels drawn with Franco, and in part this worked as an allegory, but most of the time it was a badly shot vampire film with a misbehaving soundman

16. miles's rating of the film Vampir

great insight into franco's working.

17. Richard Stopford's rating of the film Vampir

Unlike anything I've ever seen before. Portabella takes Franco's kitschy aesthetic and turns it into a horror dream in and of cinema itself. The visuals are astonishing: bone-bleached contrasts; blasts of visual static; grain, blur, soft-focus rub together to produce something otherworldly. Clearly an influence on the experimental horror begotten. The soundtrack was dissociative, mournful concrete. Fascinating.

18. 'king Harold's rating of the film Vampir

I need stuff like this as an antidote to all the other stuff that isn't.

19. Lilliom's rating of the film Vampir

20. Raymond Likes Subtitles's rating of the film Vampir

Intriguing. I enjoyed it but I'm not sure if that's down to Portabello or Franco.

21. Miggy Angel's rating of the film Vampir

so black n grainy it's like daido made a vampire movie

22. EdieEmm's rating of the film Vampir

The thing that is made; the making of the thing; the thing that is made about the making of the thing. All of these are equally real, and - in fact - are of the same reality. If Portabella was subverting Franco's Spain, it was by exposing the illusory power of the narrative; revealing, through construction, the fact of the construct. That, and calling Franco a parasite ;) All in a rapturously immersive sensory feast.

23. Atzin Ortiz González's rating of the film Vampir

There's a fine line between documentary, fiction and experimentalism that is dissolved into meta filmmaking, delivering a very interesting and unique film.

24. Michael Goetz's rating of the film Vampir

While it doesn't pack the aesthetic and political punch of Umbracle, this film is a fine modernist bookend to Nosferatu. The alienating effects, the glimpses of contemporary life, draw out the sense of erotic nightmare inherent in vampirism, given an even more sinister, paranoiac edge as we see the events being staged and recorded by shadowy, half-glimpsed figures. This is Dracula by way of Last Year at Marienbad.