1. dordairobert's rating of the film Vampyr

2. lndah's rating of the film Vampyr

If you watched this without scoring from Year of No Light, watch it again.

3. Constance Bennett's rating of the film Vampyr

I watched this late one evening in a small dark independent cinema accompanied by a live score. A truly wonderful and one of a kind experience.

4. Carlos Tejeda's rating of the film Vampyr

Artículo ("Kane3"): https://lamiradadealbert.wordpress.com/2009/10/08/dreyer-vampyr/

5. gabi gabi gabi's rating of the film Vampyr

There were none of the cliches I normally associate with vampires.

6. Balthaz21's rating of the film Vampyr

7. Gonçalo Rosas's rating of the film Vampyr

9 - A film that could have only been produced in cinema's transitional period from silent to sound; it takes the former's expressionistic leanings while adding a hazy, off-kilter experimental style of its own that feels like a genius stretching his legs into a realm of new possibilities. Whatever plot there is only serves to loosely frame the film's dream logic; and, like said logic, its greatness is irreducible.

8. Diogo CF's rating of the film Vampyr

Até hoje nunca vi um filme que lançasse sobre a imagem uma sombra de desconfiança tão grande. Dreyer dá a ver a impostura do visível, e tudo se mostra como um reflexo fantasmático, um falso ícone de um ainda mais falso deus (o vampiro). É um filme de terror platónico, portanto.

9. LauraPalmer's rating of the film Vampyr

"I wanted to create a waking dream on screen and show that horror is not to be found in the things around us but in our own subconscious". Rewatched and re-loved. One of the best horror films ever made.

10. FISCHER's rating of the film Vampyr

Un classique du cinéma mondial doublé d'un chef-d'oeuvre du fantastique... www.cinefiches.com

11. ermete polpette's rating of the film Vampyr

12. Aardsy's rating of the film Vampyr

Pure cinema, and remarkable for its time.

13. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Vampyr

14. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film Vampyr

A little creaky, but has some wonderfully unsettling imagery and pretty great work with the camera too.

15. Slow Immersion [Joe]'s rating of the film Vampyr

I rewatched this one, and it grew on me. Sadly, I watched it with Year of no Light's soundtrack; which is a mistake as I prefer my silent films silent. I love their music, and this was more a droney piece, than their heavier work; but as a soundtrack it really didn't work. Much too heavy, and very distracting. For the film, there are some really impressive segments and atmospheric imagery in parts, but as a whole...

16. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Vampyr

17. Dignan's rating of the film Vampyr

Terrific lighting and movement but thematically meaningless.

18. UterusFactory's rating of the film Vampyr

Exactingly, breathtakingly beautiful cinema with elegant horror pacing. Plus, who could resist a coffin with a view?

19. Edna Sweetlove's rating of the film Vampyr

0 stars. Boring and about as exciting as an attack of diarh-poopsie.

20. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Vampyr

Strangely (perhaps) it's not the vampyr I remember from the film. The mood hovers between waking and uneasy drowse.

21. Hugo Poderoso's rating of the film Vampyr

As it's been said, it feels like a dream, and a little bit like rediscovering cinema. Narrative is straight forward (except for the... dream? hallucination? alternate reality?) but it succeeds in mood. Could make a great double feature with Carnival of Souls.

22. RoRoRoro's rating of the film Vampyr

23. Marina C.'s rating of the film Vampyr

Very daring for its time, last time I watched it was in a double session followed by Only Lovers Left Alive and Dreyer was a master in suspense, expressionism, and photography. What I adore the most in this film is the possible conjuctures one can make with the book Carmilla, also a terrific work in the horror genre.

24. Absentia's rating of the film Vampyr