1. Renton47's rating of the film Vampyr

W/ a live electronic score by Chiara Kickdrum, propelling proceedings with a throbbing synth line and muddied reverse incantations which sound like a seance in the cellar. Fitting for a movie that's pure atmosfear, imagery plucked from the ether that, like Twin Peaks The Return, can balance the goofy with the unnerving. Some adventures are only susceptible when your mind's open to them.

2. Graveyard Poet's rating of the film Vampyr

Atmospheric, creepy, and dreamlike. Foggy, ghostly, misty cinematography subtly surrounded with spooky sounds and voices.

3. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film Vampyr

3-4. I got the conceit pretty keenly; it reminded me a lot of 'L'age D'or' and 'The Pearl'. I think it's really interesting as an early cinematic experiment. It gorgeously evokes didactic Christianity, just by the way it visually interprets its source material. But as a horror movie, I can't quite connect with it in the way I'd need to to be scared. But it is spooky and eerie and resonates with me in a human sense.

4. Graf von Zahl's rating of the film Vampyr

Dream-like or rather nightmarish. I don't think I've ever seen coffin-point-of-view takes before. The same applies to very unusual death at the end. Hard to take mill as a tech symbol, but is this technology winning over superstition?

5. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Vampyr

7.7/10, my review: https://wp.me/p1eXom-3iJ "Dreyer’s VAMPYR soars with its top-drawer German expressionist idiom and avant-garde techniques that have timely reappraised the cachet of a film maudit."

6. O...'s rating of the film Vampyr

Un cuento fantástico. Notable por su indudable efecto de extrañeza, de fantasía onírica en una realidad onírica, en donde, tal como se advierte al principio del filme, existe un desdibujamiento de la realidad. Desdibujamiento otorgado por la no-linealidad del discurso y por la cinematografia de luces y sombras.

7. Walker's rating of the film Vampyr

Dreyer's awesomely moody horror film is an A one example of film portraying a subjective nightmare state externally. Great image making from the master

8. SpacePirate's rating of the film Vampyr

Extra 1/2 star added for overall creepiness and inventive camera work. This is basically a silent, and the minimal dialogue just adds to the ambiance in a beautiful way. The actors are essentially unknowns (a Dreyer trademark) & somehow it lends a documentary feel to the film, like it really is happening. Idk, I was blown away by it and loved Joan of Arc, maybe my fav Dreyer. Maybe you'll dig it too. 5 easy stars

9. EdieEmm's rating of the film Vampyr

A film that's rich with Dreyer's own cinematic influences and context, and still, there's something about the film, his films in general, that make it obvious you're seeing something new, distinct, formative to movies as we now know them, without which the medium would be poorer... The euphoria, though, is in the film's integrity; its perfect consistency of vision, and the sheer connectedness that must've come from!

10. Gonzelush Thompson's rating of the film Vampyr

În cazul dat totul este impecabil.

11. Joel's rating of the film Vampyr

Full of atmosphere, setting and beautiful use of camera and practical effects to simply cause unease and a deep sense of dread. The last act felt strange with it’s overt use of reading from the book to explain the occurances but beyond that gripe an amazing technological feat of film making and an uneasy watch for all.

12. Duncan Gray's rating of the film Vampyr

Vampyr is really two movies: the first, a linear vampire tale that can be resolved easily by a stake in the heart, and the second, an eerie cinematic poem about the spirituality of contemplating death. And it's a testament to Dreyer's interests that the second film—the stronger one—so smothers the first that audiences were confused. A classic of arthouse horror, a literal journey through darkness towards the light.

13. dordairobert's rating of the film Vampyr

14. lndah's rating of the film Vampyr

If you watched this without scoring from Year of No Light, watch it again.

15. Constance Bennett's rating of the film Vampyr

I watched this late one evening in a small dark independent cinema accompanied by a live score. A truly wonderful and one of a kind experience.

16. Jdsarmientoburgos's rating of the film Vampyr

Dreyer making a film about vampires right after Joan of Arc was an interesting choice, and ended up being his most visually aesthetic piece. A good option right after viewing Nosferatu.

17. Carlos Tejeda's rating of the film Vampyr

Artículo ("Kane3"): https://lamiradadealbert.wordpress.com/2009/10/08/dreyer-vampyr/

18. gabi gabi gabi's rating of the film Vampyr

There were none of the cliches I normally associate with vampires.

19. Balthaz21's rating of the film Vampyr

20. Gonçalo Rosas's rating of the film Vampyr

9 - A film that could have only been produced in cinema's transitional period from silent to sound; it takes the former's expressionistic leanings while adding a hazy, off-kilter experimental style of its own that feels like a genius stretching his legs into a realm of new possibilities. Whatever plot there is only serves to loosely frame the film's dream logic; and, like said logic, its greatness is irreducible.

21. Diogo CF's rating of the film Vampyr

Até hoje nunca vi um filme que lançasse sobre a imagem uma sombra de desconfiança tão grande. Dreyer dá a ver a impostura do visível, e tudo se mostra como um reflexo fantasmático, um falso ícone de um ainda mais falso deus (o vampiro). É um filme de terror platónico, portanto.

22. LauraPalmer's rating of the film Vampyr

"I wanted to create a waking dream on screen and show that horror is not to be found in the things around us but in our own subconscious". Rewatched and re-loved. One of the best horror films ever made.

23. FISCHER's rating of the film Vampyr

Un classique du cinéma mondial doublé d'un chef-d'oeuvre du fantastique... www.cinefiches.com

24. ermete polpette's rating of the film Vampyr