1. Ethan Ara's rating of the film Vanishing Point

the card-playing scene. The mute scene. the swedish guy. Chicken and eggs.

2. VincentVendetta's rating of the film Vanishing Point

Vanishing Point might have been joke, freely borrowing from the director's many influences and not even bothering to cover its tracks, those travelling shots are serious business!

3. Funda Can Çuvalcı's rating of the film Vanishing Point

Some of the dialogues in the film reminded me of Jim Jarmusch films. Absurd and philosophical at the same time.

4. Dada Kubin's rating of the film Vanishing Point

Vanishing point, or the point that vanished, or perhaps there never was one. Pointlessness is namely what I was left with this one. “Vanishing Point” is an experiment in which I lost interest quite early on. There are some good scenes and surreal moments but then there’s a lot of talking and card games and talking and card games and, oh, some pointless talking. Perhaps I didn't look hard enough.

5. DrFirestone's rating of the film Vanishing Point

I recommend watching "City of Pirates" first. While this is a valid film on its own, it definitely is interesting to see how these two are alternate versions of the same feverish dream - so similar and different at the same time. The improvised visual style adds to the mood, it's spiced with a humour of strange kind, which is as surreal as the whole experience. The English dialogues are hard to understand at times.

6. captainfez's rating of the film Vanishing Point

It's not just the film stock that was damaged.

7. Chearth's rating of the film Vanishing Point

8. Jason's rating of the film Vanishing Point

Episodic. Encounters. Plus its funny. And enigmatic. As enigmatic, at times, as a perfect kōan (of which its "characters" field a few). The Earth is a gray-scale Martian zero-zone. What is it that resides here? How does one come at a making-visible of its pre-sensible phenomenon? Ruiz may be taking the piss, but he isn't wasting our time. We think outer space is elsewhere when it is just as much right here.

9. NGboo's rating of the film Vanishing Point

This has to be one of the most absurd dreams captured on screen. Bafflingly beautiful.

10. Chicastrancas's rating of the film Vanishing Point

No tiene subtitulos en español

11. F.Bieberkopf's rating of the film Vanishing Point

A gem! JLG aside, perhaps formally most challenging and evolving filmmaker for a significant period of time.

12. Noémie Wojto's rating of the film Vanishing Point

seems that MUBI forgot a great movie : the road movie called Vanishing Point by Richard Sarafian!!