1. FISCHER's rating of the film Variety Lights

Déjà un véritable petit chef-d'oeuvre d'humour, d'observation, de tendresse et de maîtrise cinématographique pour cette première oeuvre bipolaire... www.cinefiches.com

2. eugenie de sade's rating of the film Variety Lights

i bet all the misogynistic parts were directed by lattuada and all the feminist parts by fellini

3. Mr. Smifff's rating of the film Variety Lights

This is like, half a Fellini film, which makes sense considering he only co-directed this thing. Still, a good start for a great director, and fine in its own right, even if it's not nearly as good as his later works.

4. Cate's rating of the film Variety Lights

2.5 Fine. Not a lot of intimacy. More plot than character depth. storyline was amusing.

5. Juan Valero's rating of the film Variety Lights

Es evidente que el guión es de Fellini, no así la dirección, en la que a pesar de estar como co-director existió muy poco involucramiento de su parte en el proceso.

6. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film Variety Lights

Fellini's weakest effort, but still a cute little movie!

7. lukewarneke's rating of the film Variety Lights

Already has the feel of Fellini's later great works. Who cares how much each of them had to do with it. It's a great surprise.

8. Lefteris Becerra's rating of the film Variety Lights

es emocionante ver el primer trabajo de dirección del gran fellini. muchos apuntes sobre los que volvería una y otra vez, ya están aquí. la troupe venida a menos, por ejemplo. las mujeres. el espectáculo. viva fellini!

9. Joel's rating of the film Variety Lights

Kinda disappointing in the grand scheme of things, but understandable for it being such an early effort from one of my favourite directors. The concept was interesting and the moral fair, it just lacked the scope and creative experimentation of Fellini's later work.

10. danhofstra's rating of the film Variety Lights

This was a fun little film. I really liked the ending. This is only the second Fellini film I've seen (after "8 & 1/2") and I definitely think I need to see a dew more.

11. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Variety Lights

I liked in VARIETY LIGHTS the way Federico Fellini films the members of the troupe and their acts. He doesn't despise them at all. We do smile when they do their best to entertain the public but we smile with affection. Highly recommended.