1. dave gunn's rating of the film Vegetarian

Much of this had me wanting more. I wanted to know more about the characters, about the dreams. From what I've read on the book it's based off of, much depth is lost in this adaptation.

2. Kelley Dong's rating of the film Vegetarian

its almost identical to the book plot-wise but it lacks thoughtfulness

3. Henrique Amud's rating of the film Vegetarian

Having read the book, this felt like a toothless adaptation of an ebullient work. It got almost everything right on the outside, but it's just a really a big void. On the other hand, I don't think I would've understand a thing of it and would enjoy it even less hadn't I read the book.

4. Linda Crisan's rating of the film Vegetarian

In the microcosm of this film vegetarianism itself is not the focus- it's just that all the characters are fretting over it- it's more about the damage people do to each other and what happens when the effects of dysfunctional relationships surface. This psychology should work, but it lacks something. There was some beautiful imagery nonetheless, so not an entire waste of time.

5. Товарищ Петя.'s rating of the film Vegetarian

Dark, suggestive and metaphorical tale with a plot that slowly but surely sucks you in. I personally find the narrative too much adrift to fully submit to this otherwise highly anticipated piece of Korean cinema.