1. mpho3's rating of the film Venusia

A world unto their own, one like a loyal stray cat who daren't wander to far and the other focused only on the next meal. 3.5

2. EdieEmm's rating of the film Venusia

As situations-turned-concepts go, staff smoking room of a small brothel's a pretty great one; it'd make a mean short story. As a film, though, Venusia coasted on its characters - Lisa's facial expressions, Lena's staggering laziness - and I'm not sure any of Carrin's artistic choices at all enhanced the conceptual brilliance preexistent in her idea to film it. Like something by Shirley Clarke, but w/out the artistry.

3. Saurabh Kulkarni's rating of the film Venusia

Comes across as a movie made by an aspiring not so bright film student. Although the idea is to keep the subject as pure and authentic as possible, the pointless-ness of the conversations makes this Short a pain. This is what looks when you have a good subject but no vision. These two strong characters might have seen the world in a different way but never had anything realistic or witty or even a sarcastic comment.

4. muse_x's rating of the film Venusia

Waiting for Godot, in a brothel. Clever

5. David R Williams's rating of the film Venusia

Two old whores shooting the shit. I wouldn't mind hanging out with them.

6. msmichel's rating of the film Venusia

'Red high heels is the way I feels And I teeter off cross the parking lot I could steal your heart But I don't know who I could make you mine Such a tall street light'

7. Omus's rating of the film Venusia

I do believe I'm in love with Madame Lisa.

8. Alex Khype's rating of the film Venusia

I just hope that Louise Carrin, the so-called director of the so-called documentary, helped our friend Lisa to pay her bills and keep Venusia rolling on. Maybe writing reviews on TripAdvisor would also help them.

9. ronny's rating of the film Venusia

worth watching if you want to spend 30 minutes of your life watching a couple prostitutes chatting about everything and nothing. not bad, but not great.

10. dAlton Anthony's rating of the film Venusia

After all, it really does come down to this doesn't it? The mundane grind of existence. When told in such stark terms, we are all whores are we not? Anyway, this is surely the most interesting space of a brothel and I'd rather have a chat about life with these two women than have their bodies for an hour at any price...with all due respect to the beauty of their legs and thighs.

11. corycorycorycory's rating of the film Venusia

Maybe the best office comedy of the last few years?

12. Superfrog's rating of the film Venusia

Simple, efficient, fun to watch, unpretentious.

13. Samuel Wells's rating of the film Venusia

Taking place wholly within one location and using a bare minimum for a cast, the film allows language to take center stage. The conversation never goes into exposition and the clips along, treating you like a peer who knows these women personally already. Venusia remains fresh and tells the story of the two women gracefully, providing stellar moments between the two. A very believable pair on screen.

14. Adriana Marchand's rating of the film Venusia

15. Loz Loory's rating of the film Venusia

3.5 Lovely to watch and listen to this excellent, quirky, quiet slice of backstage life. Chantal Akerman would approve. The logistics of managing a brothel are similar to any small business: finding employees who are conscientious and punctual; dealing with bills and taxes; making marketing decisions; anticipating seasonal fluctuations in cash flow. You can't expect your employees to love you, only to respect you.

16. Michael Zyx MH Claes's rating of the film Venusia

Elles se prennent moins au sérieux que l'endroit ne le laisse à craindre : http://venusia.ch/ Quant au film, les coupures au noir sont agaçantes et rompent la continuité. === The place is dodgy but the 2 girls do not take seriously: http://venusia.ch/ As for the film cuts to black are annoying and break the continuity.

17. anarresti's rating of the film Venusia

An interesting experiment on how to bore Mubi viewers. Someone should just put the word "documentary" on the synopsis. And save future reviewers from the tedious job of confirming just how bad prostitutes and madames are playing the roles of... prostitutes and madades. Reality is so lame.

18. Vinegar Factory's rating of the film Venusia

3.5 - I actually really enjoyed this - the static shots, the minimalism, the ironic ending and the unexpected banality of prostitution.

19. tintinmugshot's rating of the film Venusia

20. Harrywolf Krstl's rating of the film Venusia

21. AVA's rating of the film Venusia

22. themroc's rating of the film Venusia

A gem. Two stunning characters. Thanks Mubi

23. Hind Bendaace's rating of the film Venusia

24. Robert Peters-Gehrke's rating of the film Venusia

A very interesting take on the topic prostitution. A very unfilmic film about sex, with no camera movements, no real story and above all no sex. It shows the boredom and the routine behind the business. No glamour, no danger, no stereotypes, just two bored women.