1. Cherry's rating of the film Vera Drake

2. Samuel T.'s rating of the film Vera Drake

Maybe I'm just a sucker, but I was crying half the film. Bonus: sweater vests aplenty. Need to re-visit the Chabrol-Huppert collaboration of the same subject. I still prefer Leigh in his contemporary surroundings, and have put this off for a long time, but many cheers for the period piece. I'm glad I finally watched it. It's devastating. No longer afraid to Topsy and Turner.

3. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Vera Drake

4. ssia22's rating of the film Vera Drake

Breathtaking performance by Imelda Staunton. Clean and honest cinematography, haunting storyline. Loved it, completely.

5. Stevie's rating of the film Vera Drake

A truly heartbreaking film with an astonishing central performance. One of Mike Leigh's best and one of the best of the 21st century thus far.

6. dialupmodem's rating of the film Vera Drake

one of my favourite family christmas films !

7. janh24's rating of the film Vera Drake

Deeply humane film-making of a higher order.

8. lgcoll's rating of the film Vera Drake

Incredibly poignant drama. I can't believe it was all improvised - Mike Leigh really is a master

9. Superfrog's rating of the film Vera Drake

I love the story and really like the character but as often with Mike Leigh, I find myself wanting more of the good stuff and less of the film in its current form.

10. Ross Tomlinson's rating of the film Vera Drake

A beautifully observed and moving film, with a heart wrenching performance from Imelda Staunton.

11. GreenROCK's rating of the film Vera Drake

It is a lovely film. Nice story line, pleasantly produced.

12. Penelope q's rating of the film Vera Drake

The injustice of ignorance, oh Vera let's just put the kettle on.

13. Daniel Roque's rating of the film Vera Drake

14. Matilde Ricon Peres's rating of the film Vera Drake

Ah Vera, may the world cherish your braveness.

15. Mihai Cristea's rating of the film Vera Drake

16. Jeremy Ashlyn's rating of the film Vera Drake

the weird energy of a mike leigh film - missing

17. Richmond Hill's rating of the film Vera Drake

Tea is the answer. Tight, concise and focused. One of Leigh's finer films with a well modulated central performance and a sense of quiet panic captured throughout.

18. JoãoV's rating of the film Vera Drake

Not at all one of the best from Mike Leigh, but entertaining, and with a moving story

19. dozen umbrellas's rating of the film Vera Drake

Imelda Staunton was brilliant in the movie. Director and costume designer did a great job as well. Didn't really like the plot, the antagonism between personal and social morality seemed a bit too sharp. Gave a couple of interesting thoughts about proximity between sacred/profane, saint/criminal.

20. Gonçalo Lamas's rating of the film Vera Drake

This is a good piece of the british realism, as a raw portrait of a human story, the story of the good will of a simple woman. Staunton is remarkable with an intense performance. The film only lakes a good, coherent ending, able to fully represent the moral ambiguity of the central character's position.

21. Arshi Rai's rating of the film Vera Drake

Yup, she is perfect, my favourite Mike Leigh.

22. Andrés Pff's rating of the film Vera Drake

Imelda Staunton was... perfect.

23. earman's rating of the film Vera Drake

Imelda Staunton is fantastic as a modest woman who faces scandal,scorn and prison in her efforts to help woman when they have no one else to turn to.

24. CRW's rating of the film Vera Drake

..talk about a sudden ending!!