1. ‏ㅤ's rating of the film Vernon, Florida

I'm just a-Turkey lurkin' Gobblin' King

2. steeeeellaaaaa's rating of the film Vernon, Florida

3. Clat's rating of the film Vernon, Florida

4. Ethan's rating of the film Vernon, Florida

This is an interesting little documentary that perfectly documents the simplicity of rural life without ridiculing it.

5. r u f o's rating of the film Vernon, Florida

The still is taken from Gates of Heaven... Ch-ch-ch-ch-change it!

6. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film Vernon, Florida

7. The Macho King's rating of the film Vernon, Florida

8. truffraud's rating of the film Vernon, Florida

"it's always amusing when provincials grasp for legitimacy."

9. milkfloat's rating of the film Vernon, Florida

As a small town Floridian I can't even begin to tell you how accurate this film is.

10. Lauren Burrell's rating of the film Vernon, Florida

11. 5000yearoldbogmummy//Rhett's rating of the film Vernon, Florida

A warm, simply done documentary about a place/sensibility. What is Florida? A statewide hodgepodge. The movie hints at certain themes, but mostly it seems to come down to a certain "How does one pass the time?" The flick's brevity helps, though, I could probably watch vignettes of this town for a couple days.

12. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film Vernon, Florida

A truly weird documentary, showing life in a small town in Florida, and its unique residents. The film attempts no more than to linger on the daily lives of the townsfolk, and listen to their stories and individual intrigues, such as a man who is obsessed with turkey hunting, and a captivating sermon on the meaning of the word “therefore”. Fascinating without really being about anything.

13. V.S. Luoma-aho's rating of the film Vernon, Florida

What a great & weird vibe, like something out of a book of American country-folk stereotypes. Mellower than the sinister and foreboding Gates of Heaven, and thus maybe not as grand.

14. Alex Mitici's rating of the film Vernon, Florida

15. P.P.'s rating of the film Vernon, Florida

An American portrait done beautifully, dare I say - perfectly. I laughed so much. Such wonderful characters.

16. Jason's rating of the film Vernon, Florida

Erol Morris in the land of the nubs. Are cooky old oldschoolers a connection to the past we are losing or an indicator of the future that awaits us? Or both? Probably both. So neither.

17. dschank's rating of the film Vernon, Florida

a bit willfully offbeat, but still worth an hour of your time. similar mood to the herzog docs of the time, though not quite as resonant.

18. A47's rating of the film Vernon, Florida

There are just too many great quotes to choose from. Between the brain surgeon, the big game hunter, the animal trainer, the botanist, and the english professor, this may be my favorite Morris...

19. yulquen's rating of the film Vernon, Florida

the new godhead is a turkey enthusiast.

20. Mike L's rating of the film Vernon, Florida

Delightfully strange, I'm glad I finally got around to watching it. My favorite character appears at 15:10 and 19:00. Sad there weren't any in movie references to the amputations.

21. Adam Z's rating of the film Vernon, Florida

22. Arisa's rating of the film Vernon, Florida

23. Joel's rating of the film Vernon, Florida

The kind of documentary you long for, simply beautiful ordinary life. Full of everything that is beautiful about the simplicity and wisdom and folly of small town folk. Perhaps it's weakness is in it's lack of real arc from beginning to end it still was quite a delight and made me laugh quite a bit.

24. WhatsUpWill's rating of the film Vernon, Florida

A very odd, if sometimes beautiful, documentary about a few of Vernon, Florida's quirkiest citizens. I can't help but feel that this film majorly influenced Christopher Guest's film making style. Some of the interviews are too good to be true!