1. mezcolanza's rating of the film Very Nice, Very Nice

2. Hari Shankar's rating of the film Very Nice, Very Nice

Obvious why Kubrick wanted Lipsett to make the trailer for Dr. Strangelove and why the trailer ended up looking exactly like this shortfilm. Great piece of filmmaking. Unique blend of sound and images. Very Nice, Very Nice.

3. apollonouta's rating of the film Very Nice, Very Nice

4. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Very Nice, Very Nice

This is random and meaningless. In 1967, Glenn Gould did 'The Idea of North' which is better, and has meaning.

5. Bram Vroonland's rating of the film Very Nice, Very Nice

I loved it! As someone said before very postmodern, full of broken dreams and disbelief. I liked the pace and the editing alongside the thought provoking images and sounds.

6. Tutu888's rating of the film Very Nice, Very Nice

Good montage of images and sound but I'm afraid I missed the point.

7. Videograms's rating of the film Very Nice, Very Nice

8. baba lola's rating of the film Very Nice, Very Nice

9. suede's rating of the film Very Nice, Very Nice

Brief, shallow, picture/voice collage, in the 20th-century vein – and specifically: North American Cold-War vein – of 'Oh the fast and crazy modern times we live in'. I'd rather recommend, e.g., the mid-1960s associative ramblings of electric Bob Dylan, or collages by The Beatles (Sergeant Pepper, white album), to capture the feeling. Perhaps accompanied by contemporary volumes of LIFE magazine.

10. Kurtulusm's rating of the film Very Nice, Very Nice

11. Achim Grün's rating of the film Very Nice, Very Nice

7 Minutes well spent - very nice! Not sure if I really got it though.

12. Anne Moleyn's rating of the film Very Nice, Very Nice

This was great. Apparently he made the film with discarded pieces of audio while working at the National Film Board !

13. mariofelipev's rating of the film Very Nice, Very Nice

14. Pakbro's rating of the film Very Nice, Very Nice

15. Mattijs Driesen's rating of the film Very Nice, Very Nice

16. EdieEmm's rating of the film Very Nice, Very Nice

Effectively manic postmodern montage... But mostly - Gah! The sound! Glorious.

17. Buddy Love's rating of the film Very Nice, Very Nice

Nice Nice Baby, Nice Nice Baby!

18. Gaurav Singhmar's rating of the film Very Nice, Very Nice

Cut from a Wallace Stevens cloth.

19. marco's rating of the film Very Nice, Very Nice

- condividi, come: sbarazzatene - l'immagine di me che guardo, riflesso sullo schermo con la canottiera il footage di una bomba atomica che esplode - e poi, cos'altro? la voice over, l'uso del suono, la difficoltà del montaggio, e della pellicola, e delle cose, in generale - rispondeva di più alla vita, ora molte cose, sempre più cose diventano facili…ma la vita, quella non diventa più facile.

20. msmichel's rating of the film Very Nice, Very Nice

Very nice very nice. Early sixties collage picture from Arthur Lipsett that stands as a fine example of film editing for maximum effect.

21. Aurora's rating of the film Very Nice, Very Nice

Stanley Kubrick described it as "one of the most imaginative and brilliant uses of the movie screen and soundtrack that I have ever seen."

22. NE1's rating of the film Very Nice, Very Nice

23. Dani's rating of the film Very Nice, Very Nice

24. Mighty Quinn's rating of the film Very Nice, Very Nice

Though the meaning of the movie is inexplicable, the rapid montage is effective in its use editing and sound design. I can definitely see why Stanley Kubrick likes this one. Even the trailer for Dr. Strangelove seems to be inspired by it.