1. alonsoelias's rating of the film Viola

2. Nachtreich's rating of the film Viola

3. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film Viola

I really liked the very casual feel of this film and the way it deconstructs the relationship the stage has to its location and what could be called a stage.

4. Jason's rating of the film Viola

This is exultant genius, full stop. I have sat on it a couple days without writing anything. What is there to say? The cinema should be doing this! The cinema should be making profound points about us that cannot be made in any other medium! Peerless filmmaking fluidity. Blocked and performed marvelously. Breathtakingly. Hang yr head in shame, Joe Swanberg. This is how to capture the increasingly-less-young!

5. Carlos Filipe Freitas's rating of the film Viola

It was constructed with mild tones, cyclic speech lines, and quiet conversations, blending quite well real-life and theater without making me entirely connect with its insinuating plot. (2.5 stars)

6. Jesse Furgurson's rating of the film Viola

Does something subtly mind-blowing every 10 or 15 minutes. There's a kinship with Rivette, but Pineiro's definitely got his own style and vibe. *watches two more times before iTunes rental runs out*

7. © <',))( Astro-Tofupraxographer's rating of the film Viola

Some of the most luminous and enchanting close-ups of faces I have seen in recent memory. Wonderfully elliptical. Casts quite a spell.

8. Jorge Mourinha's rating of the film Viola

Shakespeare not in love. http://theflickeringwall.blogspot.pt/2014/06/viola.html

9. Matthew_Lucas's rating of the film Viola

A mosaic of interconnecting lives through a performance of Shakespeare's TWELFTH NIGHT, which reverberates through real life in Matías Piñeiro's lovely, enigmatic VIOLA. Only an hour long, Piñeiro still infuses the film with a strange and compelling sense of discovery - life is not imitating Shakespeare, but splintering off in a million different directions, informing quiet revelations about art, life, & love.

10. Lucas Granero's rating of the film Viola

En "Viola", los rostros y los movimientos se conjugan en una danza visual cuyo poder pocas veces ha sido mostrado en el Cine Argentino de los últimos años. Siempre afín a los primeros planos de sus mujeres, Piñeiro sabe que en esos rostros se puede develar algo que solamente la imagen cinematográfica es capaz de mostrar, pero es en ésta, su mejor obra hasta el momento, donde mejor plasma esa obsesión.

11. Thomas Prieto's rating of the film Viola

The future of cinema... I hope.