1. Love Wegeh's rating of the film Viridiana

ok. but not a masterpiece. a bit stiff and shallow.

2. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film Viridiana

Dividida en tres partes. Primero la trama buñueliana sobre el hombre de inclinaciones pedófilas e intención incestuosa. El deseo por una difunta esposa como excusa. Segundo es una mujer enmendando una culpa impuesta y un heredero obstruyendo la benevolencia de la primera. Tercero es una secuencia carnavalesca. En resumen, "Viridiana" es el proyecto frustrado. La sociedad benevolente que esconde un rostro perverso.

3. Renton47's rating of the film Viridiana

There are few people who commit to practicing what they preach, it's a lost art and not one to be criticised. Bunuel suggests the purity of Christian ideals is tested by how one reacts to the reality of suffering; true charity can be thankless. We are constantly floundering but the meaning for why is entirely left up to our own interpretation.

4. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film Viridiana

Social satire at it’s bleakest and most uncompromising. Pretty much no one comes off good in this film. The rich are greedy animals who care only for themselves, and so are the poor. And the one woman who tries to be on both sides ends up becoming a “fallen woman” and earlier is almost raped a few times for her kind heartedness. The message of the movie is an incredibly, but effectively pessimistic one.

5. Muraki's rating of the film Viridiana

6. Samuel Donath's rating of the film Viridiana

Disturbing, yet frequently funny. Amusing, yet shocking for the side of human nature Bunuel frequently shows.

7. Mohammad Aboomar's rating of the film Viridiana

8. peterbowse's rating of the film Viridiana

Bunuel's best. Equally misanthropic and hilarious.

9. María F. Guerrero's rating of the film Viridiana

No sé todavía como describir esta película, pero todo lo que se es que es de mis favoritas y la vería todos los días si pudiera.

10. Odile~'s rating of the film Viridiana

Una de las cimas de su trayectoria. Con este canto a la libertad, el de Calanda nos regala uno de los desenlaces más divertidos y escandalosos del cine: la explícita partida de tute. Impagables Fernando Rey y Paco Rabal.

11. nino nino's rating of the film Viridiana

i was always wary of beggars.

12. DanOffen's rating of the film Viridiana

This is brilliant. I was worried I was getting bored in the first half but it really opens up. There's so much going on that the film leads you down so many avenues of analysis. Displays human nature so well but also has much to say as a film.

13. Egons's rating of the film Viridiana

Bunuel is a fine observer of the human nature! Beautiful movie!

14. João Vuvu's rating of the film Viridiana

haverá melhor sequência que a deste jantar? fds

15. DVC's rating of the film Viridiana

16. Kasun Surindu's rating of the film Viridiana

Nice Story handling and Love the pace.

17. alcools's rating of the film Viridiana

Like a twisted fairy tale.

18. Lisa Biesinger's rating of the film Viridiana

Bunuel has done a great job of showing us what a mix of will to good and desire of bad we are. Lovely film.

19. Linn's rating of the film Viridiana

A violent movie on several levels, climaxing in a brilliant re-enactment of The Last Supper. Absolutely impressive.

20. Maximilian R.'s rating of the film Viridiana

My first Buñuel and still one of my favorites! Full of great symbolism and Franco bashing.

21. AKFilmFan's rating of the film Viridiana

An audacious drama that begins with a weird first half (that partially reveals Bunuels fetishes) then flips and reveals his darkly humorous look at religion. It doesn't completely work but when it does it's interestingly cynical and comfortable with it; it's the type of film where a saved stray dog is just one of many and helping the unfortunate (who even hate a "leper") leads to a disastrous dinner.

22. msmichel's rating of the film Viridiana

Essential. Bunuel certainly knew how to push the buttons of the church and the censors and it is still inflammatory today. Wonderful script questioning faith, human nature and blind optimism. Pinal and Rey perfectly cast plus a wonderful group of villians and beggars.

23. Wade Meyer's rating of the film Viridiana

24. Francisco Lopez's rating of the film Viridiana

My favorite Buñuel movie and one of my favorite movies in the world. SIlvia Pinal is amazing. She's the mexican version of Deborah Kerr.