1. fearraigh's rating of the film Faces Places

There's more than air of Raymond Depardon's travelogues about this trans-generational collaboration but it is also strongly anchored in the work of both Varda and JR. Brimming with wit and invention and it has a wonderfully touching affection for the places and people in it. The scene where Agnès wells up thinking about Jacques Démy is heartbreaking. A splendid film that is one of a kind.

2. msmichel's rating of the film Faces Places

Wonderful collaboration between Varda and JR that finds art in everyday life out in the villages in the faces of strangers. Joyfully light hearted at times but with a serious side underlying concerning aging, mortality, creation and legacy. The relationship between the 89 yr old Varda and the 33 yr old JR is quite moving in its own way with each finding a kindred soul or muse to influence their own creations.

3. Bekriah M's rating of the film Faces Places

4. Fainéant's rating of the film Faces Places

5. Scienceofphantoms's rating of the film Faces Places

Pour la plaisir. Et d'autres raisons.

6. Duncan Gray's rating of the film Faces Places

Just about anything or anyone, if recorded and publicly displayed, can become art. That's the idea at the core of this heartwarming doc—or should I say, one of many. It's also about age and youth, the relationship between the past and the present, shifting cultures in modern times, and what an asshole Jean-Luc Godard is. It's a testament to Varda's gaze that she's still looking for and finding life all around her.

7. abunchoffilms's rating of the film Faces Places

*Spoliers*!!!!!This is everything I want in my cinema-going experience. It made me laugh, cry and smile from ear to ear. I left with miles of lingering thoughts. One of the best sequences regarded Varda discussing her longtime friendship with Godard, It doesn't end well. They manage to create viscerally striking images that conjure up many feeling. If this is Varda's last, it serves its beautiful purpose.

8. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film Faces Places

I just can't imagine anyone not absolutely loving this Varda documentary. If you don't I'm prompted to believe you don't have a soul? Anyway, like Varda I'm also pro horny goats.

9. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film Faces Places

What a pleasant little film from Agnès Varda and JR!

10. barış uçar's rating of the film Faces Places

11. EdieEmm's rating of the film Faces Places

89 year-old Varda & 33 year-old JR meet people and make art and are generally charming together on a series of road trips through France, which they document. Probably the most good-natured film of the year. I feel like we just all really need this right now. 3.75

12. petit astronaute's rating of the film Faces Places

13. Bjanicas's rating of the film Faces Places

Les photographies de JR sont le bonheur. Et le cinéma d'Agnès, c'est vingt-quatre fois le bonheur par seconde.

14. Daniella Hervert's rating of the film Faces Places