1. Renton47's rating of the film Visitors

Sometimes intent muddies the experience, and I'd sooner disregard Reggio's statements about technology's "trance-like" effects. After all, here that also resembles deep symbiosis of viewer and subject, an affirmation of our fundamental human alien-ness. Trance also looks like concentration, and at its best this experience offers meditative probing into ourselves and the space around us, and is more moving for it.

2. Nikola Enchev's rating of the film Visitors

Too long and slow: the narrative is rather mysterious and obtuse and doesn't have the same captivating power that Samsara did.

3. Levi Miah's rating of the film Visitors

Oily black and white high contrast imagery, slowed down to examine split seconds of our connection to each other and our planet. Philip Glass provides a swelling score to accompany. This film oozes visceral feeling from the combination of both. The pan through the human faces to the gorilla is particularly powerful.

4. Dan and Val Freeman's rating of the film Visitors

Give it time and the glacial images and deep Philip Glass score seep into your brain. You won't see anything else quite like it ... even if you've seen Koyaanisqatsi.

5. P Teddy Sawyer's rating of the film Visitors

Imagine that you had the freedom to gaze and gaze and to grasp at life's mystery. Imagine the people passing through who never had time to see anything but a flickering image.

6. Ollie's rating of the film Visitors

If an unknown director straight out of film college had made this documentary, it would almost certainly be dismissed as hugely pretentious. Therefore, even though it is a spectacle, it shouldn't be lauded as a work of genius just because Godfrey Reggio and Steven Soderbergh have their names on it. In fact, its message is not important, relevant, new, convincing or even interesting.

7. Gareth Jones's rating of the film Visitors

A tough one to review and my rating is probably a tad unfair. As a performance and arts piece this is probably great. However, it fell very short of actually entertaining me. It's just a lot of faces which, to be fair, is great for practicing for stare-out competitions.

8. Zoe Michell's rating of the film Visitors

9. sp82's rating of the film Visitors

not stunning. boring.looking into the eyes of anything can induce trance likes, setting it to music doesn't make it a film.

10. Superfrog's rating of the film Visitors

Pretentious as hell -- but delivers on it. An actual cinema experience without a word; moving photography with pleasant yet not overpowering images, just like the strings and as winds music in the back. I am a sucker for this type of single light source photography though, so may not be reliable. Yet, the play with, for example, light hands on black, followed by dark hands on black, where both work is grand.

11. Ian Pike's rating of the film Visitors

And....? Beautiful images but largely predictable and lacks the energy that made its predecessors compelling. But, boy doesn't shooting in b&w add gravitas? The gorilla was the most interesting part. The humans had all obviously been instructed to stare at the camera or perform certain actions. There was a whole, unknowable universe going on behind the gorilla's eyes. Great sound track.

12. Balthaz21's rating of the film Visitors

13. anwoody's rating of the film Visitors

I wanted to enjoy this, but found it slow and boring. Yes, beautiful and pretty soundtrack. Impact: overblown art-piece or TV commercial which needs needs cutting down to size..

14. super-kick's rating of the film Visitors

Visually stunning and as usual a great soundtrack from Glass as far as i'm concerned. But i don't get it. Yeah, great slo-mo shots of 'stuff' with music but it certainly isn't a documentary. Its a piece of art. And a bit boring to be honest. The Qatsi series seemed a bit more gripping (when it came out)with the high speed shots of rolling production lines and people. Meh, i don't know...see for yourself.

15. Stefan Drees's rating of the film Visitors

The b&w photography is outstanding but the film itself isn't. Since "Koyaanisqatsi" (1982), the collaborations between Reggio and Glass suffered from diminishing substance. So this is a consequent continuation of the annoying banalities we experience in "Naqoyqatsi" (2002). Glass is able to write striking film music (e.g. the scores to Scorsese's "Kundun" or Daldry's "The Hours") but this one isn't worth mentioning.

16. Tarkovskian's rating of the film Visitors

Not quite up to the levels of Koyaanisqatsi but still with formidable beauty and a rather impressive ending.

17. Sarah Pietsch's rating of the film Visitors

Some great images, but very slow. You need to be in the mood. I must admit I fast forwarded, several times, which made it manageable but consequently I probably missed the point. Hey ho.

18. Leigh Collins's rating of the film Visitors

This can be summed up by one of its scenes: a slow-motion yawn. I love Koyaanisqatsi, but this did nothing for me. Big disappointment.

19. ‏ㅤ's rating of the film Visitors

Watch ASHES AND SNOW. It's the film you're looking for if you thought you were looking for this film.

20. Atzin Ortiz González's rating of the film Visitors

What begins rather compelling becomes tiresome and repetitive after the trick shows no sign of progression. Beautiful to watch, with its share of great moments, but ultimately a mixed-bag sensory collage. (2.5)

21. MATTEO BITTANTI's rating of the film Visitors

Gorilla filmmaking at its best.

22. korush's rating of the film Visitors

23. Ostermyers's rating of the film Visitors

Godfrey explained his film to us, so yeah !

24. Nadin's rating of the film Visitors

Wow, what a photographic and slow beauty. I loved this film. Much better than the QATSI trilogy, I find. More on this film on my site: http://tinyurl.com/klszode