1. msmichel's rating of the film Vittorio D.

Quite good documentary that looks at Vittorio De Sica's body of work as both a director and actor by providing scenes of a television documentary hosted by the man himself as well as the usual testimonials from leading figures of the Italian film industry and a handful of international filmmakers. Not deep by any measure but a good starting point for novices to discover the rich filmography.

2. MoeHartman's rating of the film Vittorio D.

Although it boasts a diverse cast of talking heads, including Kechiche, Loach, Eastwood, De Laurentiis, Allen, and Fellini, and also his children, Vittorio D. never tells you much about the man and his work that you wouldn't get from reading Wikipedia, and the style is plain. Like so many biodocs, it devolves into a bunch of fans gushing, but there is plenty of archive footage of the man in all charm.

3. Banana Peel's rating of the film Vittorio D.

"Art that kisses you on the forehead"... well done!

4. Lorna Singh's rating of the film Vittorio D.

Vittorio De Sica---one of the greatest ! Even newcomers to his films will lose themselves in his stories from the heart.

5. Allison Vivian Fine's rating of the film Vittorio D.

As an artist I seek to emulate this man. I am a writer, actor, musician. I have never achieved his success or fame, but no matter--his example of economy, emotional authenticity and incredible artistry is exceptional and unmatched. In addition the beauty and charm of the man himself is impressive.

6. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film Vittorio D.

I don't know If there was any film director who was more fascinating and richly complex as a person than De Sica. He wasn't only ego-driven. He was worldly-wise, as they say, but he was no cynic.