1. Balthaz21's rating of the film Vive l'amour

2. Walker's rating of the film Vive l'amour

For me this was a visceral depiction of loneliness, longing, transience, and despair. It's quite stunning once it's settled in and you realize what you've just watched. The last 10 minutes will knock you out

3. _shalashaska_'s rating of the film Vive l'amour

4. Salma's rating of the film Vive l'amour

An almost unbearable look into heartbreaking, pulverizing loneliness.

5. La quinta luna's rating of the film Vive l'amour

6. Peregrine's rating of the film Vive l'amour

You can see in Lee Kang Sheng's eyes what this movie is about. They are lonely, alienated, silent.

7. Philippe Lajède's rating of the film Vive l'amour

8. Sylvia's rating of the film Vive l'amour

Nice to watch, although I wish it was a bit shorter. Some parts were really interesting, but a few of them were left unexplained. Still, a satisfying movie.

9. MisterColo93's rating of the film Vive l'amour

10. Marlboro_Fawn's rating of the film Vive l'amour

A (literal) primal scream in response to pain of urban living and labor. The premise, a shared flat with the tenants all unaware of each other, reads like comedy but plays out as tragedy. City life is rarely depicted so honestly as the cruel paradox that it is- communal space that's made us more alone than ever.

11. spasmolytic's rating of the film Vive l'amour

12. maksym hruszczenko's rating of the film Vive l'amour

13. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Vive l'amour

14. Mauro Pagano's rating of the film Vive l'amour

15. ginobartolomi's rating of the film Vive l'amour

A strange little tale about three people who are unknowingly sharing a vacant apartment in Taiwan. I think I'm getting a clear message from Tsai Ming-Liang's films, and that is that we are surrounded daily by people and goings on that we hardly notice, know nothing about. We may be affected greatly but remain apathetic and self centered all the while... That shot of Yang Kwei-Mei sobbing is heart wrenching.

16. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film Vive l'amour

The first Tsai Ming-Liang film I have seen. Now that I have seen one I wonder why I did not start watching his films sooner because this was brilliant!

17. Aditya Watts's rating of the film Vive l'amour

18. grotesc's rating of the film Vive l'amour

19. andi___'s rating of the film Vive l'amour

20. Samuel Donath's rating of the film Vive l'amour

3.7 A very good film, but not my favorite from this director.

21. bagno's rating of the film Vive l'amour

22. raquel falafel's rating of the film Vive l'amour

23. jchandleroc's rating of the film Vive l'amour

An attempt to retreat from a cruelly indifferent city/universe brings together three unwitting companions in despair and exposes the secret devastation in their lives. Even together they are profoundly alone. The camera isolates these individuals, deliberately examining their uniquely wrecked inner selves while never truly allowing them to escape the city that has left them in ruins.

24. La Foret's rating of the film Vive l'amour

People owning solitude in places they don't belong. it is easy to die from it.