1. anarresti's rating of the film Voyage of Time: Life's Journey

Great cinematography, editing and sound that follows Tree of Life, when it comes to putting us humans in a cosmological scale, now with the Earth time as the reference. Again with a wondrous, emotional effect, beyond precise explanations. Using what usually is reserved for science. Here words do get in the way. Fortunately Cate Blanchet voice over's sickening melancholia does not contaminate the rest of the film.

2. chanandre's rating of the film Voyage of Time: Life's Journey

[Porto/Post/Doc'17]#⌊2017's Film Summit⌋#^Within Blackness Interlinked^: 'On the Nature of Motherhood'> "Mother. You walked with me then. In the silence. Before there was a world. Before night or day. Alone in the stillness. When nothing was.*Orchestra warms up* |'Voyage of Time' Opening Credits| Mother, Where are You? Where have you gone? I fear. Am I not your child? Who are you? Life-giver. Might-bringer. " ▽

3. Ana Sousa's rating of the film Voyage of Time: Life's Journey

[Porto/Post/Doc'17] Getting to experience Voyage of Time is way more than a privilege. It's a breath of life, a breath of the purest air; it's like being born again. There's this sudden feeling of wishing the time would freeze in every single frame. There's just not enough time in the world to soak the beauty and complexity of Malick's oeuvre. His mind must be a wonderland.

4. Gabriele Mariotti's rating of the film Voyage of Time: Life's Journey

A very spiritual but christian-like hymn of life made from a collage of material recycled from Malick archive...I expected more.

5. ricki-rocki's rating of the film Voyage of Time: Life's Journey

Ok ma se ti piacciono tanto i dinosauri vai ai dirigere il prossimo jurassic park no testa di cazzo

6. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film Voyage of Time: Life's Journey

7. Ricardo Branco's rating of the film Voyage of Time: Life's Journey

8. Slow Immersion's rating of the film Voyage of Time: Life's Journey

Malick much like Villeneuve seem to get a lot of hate but they are both probably the two most interesting directors in mainstream cinema. This is almost a mix of elements of tree of life and a documentary, an interesting change after cups. Blanchett has a really unattractive voice so I didnt feel she matched this and I wish some of the frames were held longer.

9. Alice Cerconi's rating of the film Voyage of Time: Life's Journey

I did not manage to stay fully connected with this even if I really tried.

10. le Gars's rating of the film Voyage of Time: Life's Journey

11. Daniel Roque's rating of the film Voyage of Time: Life's Journey

Malick should be directing National Geographic docs.

12. ig_____or's rating of the film Voyage of Time: Life's Journey

With the leftovers from "The Tree of Life" (or does "The Tree of Life" use leftovers from this?), new breathtaking footage and Cate Blanchett's narration (I would love to just hear her read an entire phone book), Malick marvels me once again. It's hard to figure out what's real and what's VFX. Loved the juxtaposition of Earth's immaculate imagery with the very shaky, imperfect, somewhat-damaged footage of humans.

13. Rafael Zen's rating of the film Voyage of Time: Life's Journey

It lacks poetry. If he had done something more intense and smaller into his world cinema take on the universe: maybe if he had taken more time through each scene, if he had waited a little longer. Is it beautiful and breathtaking? Of course - it's suposed to be. But watched by old eyes, it's Blanchet speaking bad poetry above BBC images. You have done way better, Malick - this is careless aging.

14. Skinnedteen's rating of the film Voyage of Time: Life's Journey

Perhaps we should start sending artists in space.

15. Jugu Abraham's rating of the film Voyage of Time: Life's Journey

Disappointing work from Malick, who I admired so much in "The Thin Red Line" and "The tree of life." The only saving grace in this work--great choice of music as in all Malick films, mostly Arvo Part and Beethoven. I prefer Godfrey Reggio's "Qatsi trilogy" to this Malick venture. Even Kubrick surpassed Malick in the early man depictions in "2001--A space odyssey". The editing here and in "Song to Song" is pedestrian.

16. matelot's rating of the film Voyage of Time: Life's Journey

17. Emil Kurjak's rating of the film Voyage of Time: Life's Journey

18. Pipim's rating of the film Voyage of Time: Life's Journey

Pour le critiquer, le film demande de s'abandonner totalement à lui, de lui donner toute sa foi, et ne réussit qu'à cette condition, car c'est un film sur la foi. Les images de nature (de "mother") sont sublimes, pleines de grâces. De la lave aux torrents, de l'infiniment petit à l'infiniment grand, du naturalisme à l'expérimental, tout y est sublime. Les seuls bémols: les images de synthèse et les premiers hommes.

19. Bruno Pereti's rating of the film Voyage of Time: Life's Journey

20. Peregrine's rating of the film Voyage of Time: Life's Journey

Unbelievably grand in scope, but the voice-over was unnecessary for me (though it is not that present anyway, but "mother mother love, born", NO..). The images are beautiful and it is fascinating to see them just as they are, simply there. Creatures and moments of our history we cannot grasp or explain, cannot even name unless David A. would do it for us. Ultimately, it is our timeline filled with beautiful images.

21. ugur's rating of the film Voyage of Time: Life's Journey

22. matt allen's rating of the film Voyage of Time: Life's Journey

23. Scott Barley's rating of the film Voyage of Time: Life's Journey

I died, and died, and died again... so many times. Malick, welcome back! In some ways, his greatest achievement.

24. i hate movies's rating of the film Voyage of Time: Life's Journey