1. FISCHER's rating of the film Voyage to Cythera

A nouveau, le cinéaste nous propose une oeuvre étonnante, d'une rigoureuse maîtrise scénaristique, petite merveille d'intelligence et de sensibilité qui ravit l'âme de par la richesse intrinsèque de son art et de son style. Un cinéma précieux, essentiel, entre fascinante contemplation et permanente réflexion, avec une surprenante mise en abyme d'une histoire personnelle et familiale. www.cinefiches.com

2. Monasteries's rating of the film Voyage to Cythera

So many of these shots seem familiar, I'll hand what I can't directly attribute to Tarkovsky to Angelopoulos though. I see lots of complaints about the impenetrability of the subject matter, though Greek Civil War history really isn't prerequisite knowledge for recognition of The Odyssey.

3. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Voyage to Cythera

4. madnuge's rating of the film Voyage to Cythera

ΔΙΚΕ ΜΟΥ ΕΞΟΡΙΑ ΛΜΑΟ

5. Spiritchaser's rating of the film Voyage to Cythera

To rediscover Angelopoulos corpus of films brings me joy and relief... a filmmaker and poet in search of his home.

6. Jason's rating of the film Voyage to Cythera

As I become more acquainted (finally) w/ Angelopoulos's work, what strikes me is that depite the unwieldy sociopolitical and artistic scale of his films, what they seem to insist upon is that true cinematic beauty is something that is primarily discovered already out there in the world. A lot of stuff is set up and orchestrated, but what it is ultimately a matter of is simply the quality of one's looking.

7. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film Voyage to Cythera

8. Stevie's rating of the film Voyage to Cythera

Angelopoulos at his political best. The characters are very endearing too. A very good 8/10.

9. joey Noodles's rating of the film Voyage to Cythera

Compared to his next film 'O Melissokomos' this is actually a fairly ordinary film from one of the best directors in the history of cinema. It is beautiful but I just feel he did so much better in his previous films and some of his later work. Still worth a view, but not one to judge Angelopoulos by

10. comeandsee's rating of the film Voyage to Cythera

a true masterpiece. each frame with this director is a work of art, like a painting. the composition, blocking and light in his ouevre are always inch perfect and this film is a perfect example. he is clearly the contemporary of antonioni with the manner in which he shows the alienation of people from each other, and how difficult communication has become.

11. Atoms For Peace's rating of the film Voyage to Cythera

Slow paced and immersively beautiful frames, though, I figure, not to everyone's taste.