1. Zineu Simionato's rating of the film W.E.

what a complete mess! +1 for costume design

2. Susana Bessa's rating of the film W.E.

I could watch anything with Andrea Riseborough.

3. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film W.E.

6/10, my review: http://lasttimeisawdotcom.wordpress.com/2014/04/03/w-e-2011/

4. nic da roma's rating of the film W.E.

My daughter helped design and Make the Costumes for this film You can look for Arabella di Maggio in the future as she has just finished Costume design at University

5. Ulrich JARLØV's rating of the film W.E.

Critical bashing equals low expectations which equals a decent movie. Both the present day story and Wallis' and Edwards' story work fine, it's the intercutting of the two that doesn't really gel. But thank you critics for bashing it: you made the movie better.

6. joaomoita's rating of the film W.E.

i was impressed when i found out madonna directed this like... really impressed

7. miwa's rating of the film W.E.

That second star is for Andrea Riseborough (deserved better), Oscar Isaac (still fail to see what Evgeni saw in Wally), the costumes and that Sex Pistols scene. Everything else sucked. I am particularly baffled by how bad Abbie Cornish was in this. It's hard to believe this is the same actress from Bright Star, considering how wonderful she was in it.

8. Aaken's rating of the film W.E.

The theme of women who are unjustly misunderstood is dear to Madonna. W.E. follows that thread. The story would have been more convincing had she not tried to state her point that strongly. A bit more irreverence would have been highly welcomed. However, she manages to get good performances from her cast. Stunning visually and not at all the disaster that critics claimed it was.

9. Noiresque's rating of the film W.E.

W.E. is certainly worthy of being an "interesting failure" - as such, it is a pleasant surprise. Madonna directs a distinct point of view and makes a bold artistic and personal statement. It is one of the best recent films I have ever seen on the grotesque of fetishisation, danger of fantasy and the fantasy of celebrity; in the the latter regard, W.E. is up there with Greenaway's The Baby of Mâcon.

10. L. Nolan's rating of the film W.E.

I expected a disaster as ineptly bad as her acting and though it's not great it's not a total embarrassment so I was surprised how it won me over. If she was inspired by Visconti and Pasolini I now see what she was aiming for even if she didn't achieve it. Funny thing: the reviews, here and elsewhere, remind me of how Barry Lyndon was greeted by the critics in 75.

11. Maar's rating of the film W.E.

how did i get here? i heard one song from OST. by abel k and a whole "controversy" online how movie is good and beautiful and critics dismissed it coz madonna made it and wrote screenplay. so in spite of my better judgement coz i hate that old saggy midget who prances around the teenagers in her knickers i decided to see it for myself... this is the utter disaster. amatrurish and bad as it gets.

12. Barbara Giambartolomei's rating of the film W.E.

a terrible mess, actors directed very badly, soundtrack that covers the dialogues, too stylized, flat characters.... miss Ciccone tells that she was inspired by the movies of Pasolini and Visconti... but what?

13. Bizy's rating of the film W.E.

amateur but sincere. absolutely enjoyed 2/3 of the film. (the final part was too long)

14. AmeenaMohd's rating of the film W.E.

Beautiful costumes and set design. Andrea Riseborough and Oscar Isaac's performances were other highlights for me. I typically love stylized films, but there wasn't enough of a story or heart to get completely behind this picture. The score was over-the-top and really jarring at times as well.

15. JamesPC's rating of the film W.E.

As far as it is a Madonna movie, it's quite good. The only problem with that statement is that it is a Madonna movie, after all, which means that next to other movies, it's quite dreadful. The style is delightful, and I love the cinematography, but the general plot, pacing and content of the film is empty. Also, the film runs on for what seems like forever, dragging on. The last half-hour feels like unneeded epilogue

16. Carolecats's rating of the film W.E.

Strange, a bit confusing...another one of those biographies that did not need to be made. Who really knows if the Wallace Simpson role was really how it happened, who cares. Either way seems like two people who ended up living and dying sad lives.

17. Matthew_Lucas's rating of the film W.E.

Madonna's equally intoxicating and frustrating drama offers a look at Wallis Simpson, whose scandalous love affair with King Edward lead him to abdicate the throne of England. Is somewhat unsuccessful in its attempt to tie the famous romance to a modern love story, but film is sumptuously designed, and Andrea Riseborough's performance is stellar. Features a gorgeous score by Abel Korzeniowski.

18. FilmFan<3's rating of the film W.E.

Baffling. To call it perplexing is akin to calling the grand canyon large. A comedy in which no one laughed, a drama in which nobody cried.