1. DenoResandono's rating of the film Waking Life

I must admit - WAKING LIFE has an interesting idea. I liked its semi-documentary style. Director Richard Linklater also combined it with a rotoscoping animation and succeed to give this movie a surreal, yet dreamy look. Because - basically, WAKING LIFE is a movie about dream and its world. We'll follow a young man's journey in his dream. Also, we'll meet some people who talked about their opinions about dream...

2. Pedro Ramos's rating of the film Waking Life

3. Wing Narada's rating of the film Waking Life

4. Aivaras_Z's rating of the film Waking Life

Goes through some very interesting and important existential topics, yet does get a bit grating at times because of the visual style and a sense of disconnection between the topics.

5. Christopher M. Jones's rating of the film Waking Life

6. Madeleine Davis's rating of the film Waking Life

enough with the rotoscope!!!!!!!!!

7. INZER's rating of the film Waking Life

8. Alp Yenibalcı's rating of the film Waking Life

Lyrical animation about existentialism, dreams and reality. Immense presentation of rotoscope.

9. MistaRichard's rating of the film Waking Life

THE PERFECT PHILOSOPHICAL MOVIE

10. auloel's rating of the film Waking Life

Masturbasi intelektual. Blablabla yadda yadda. Cuma tahan nonton sampai 20 menit. Sorry.

11. Dory Bakiewicz Ehmer's rating of the film Waking Life

12. beatrizatriz's rating of the film Waking Life

13. fred boswell's rating of the film Waking Life

This late,late night cult film with its eye popping animation is strictly for quirky adults and that's a good thing;-0

14. Yx Xz's rating of the film Waking Life

15. Violet Rien's rating of the film Waking Life

16. sónia fialho's rating of the film Waking Life

bom(ns) argumento(s), mas não gostei da animação. é como estar a andar num barco em mar agitado: em uma hora e quarenta dá enjoos.

17. Jim Fear's rating of the film Waking Life

"Words are inert. They're just symbols. They're dead, you know? And so much of our experience is intangible. So much of what we perceive cannot be expressed. It's unspeakable. And yet when we communicate with one another and we feel that we've connected, and we think that we're understood, I think we have a feeling of almost spiritual communion. And that feeling might be transient, but I think it's what we live for."

18. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film Waking Life

2-3. Has a striking aesthetic, and tangles with some really powerful ideas. But it mostly really is freeform pretension, albeit cohesive pretension about thought-provoking ideas. But most of them don't really have a flesh about them; it's more a pastiche of anecdotes, lectures, and quotes than a series of actions that lend proper power to these ideas.

19. opandadodavid's rating of the film Waking Life

Estética, quarta-feira - 14h00

20. diamondwithnoshine's rating of the film Waking Life

A never-ending lucid-dream maze ride

21. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film Waking Life

22. cinegeek.de's rating of the film Waking Life

(...) Was ist Träumen überhaupt? Was geschieht mit uns, während wir träumen? Nehmen wir uns selbst wahr, aber ausserhalb unseres Körpers? Das ist eine der Erklärungen aus Waking Life. Und wenn wir sterben? Träumen wir dann fort? Doch das würde keinen Sinn ergeben, da ein Traum doch in unserem Gehirn iniziert wird. Oder doch nicht?(...)

23. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film Waking Life

I've seen many films employ dream logic in their structures and narratives, but I've rarely found a film to nail the feeling of a dream as well as this one does. The conversations can be hard to follow but overall the messages get across I think. It is always nice to see a movie dive headlong into ideas the way this one does, and the animation helps to keep it all interesting.

24. Arf's rating of the film Waking Life