1. Francisco's rating of the film Walkabout

2. Ghostman's rating of the film Walkabout

Walkabout is a great survival film about the wilderness and alienation. The film's themes seem akin to the story of the Tower of Babel, due to the barrier in communication between the Aborigine boy and the white girl and how much is lost in translation. Nicolas Roeg, who shot and directed the film, displays his immense filmmaking talent in every scene. Walkabout is a beautiful film that is beautifully made.

3. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film Walkabout

A simple put gripping story that grabs attention from the moment the kids get out in the desert with a crazed, suicidal father. Gorgeous cinematography and Roeg's specific editing style and non-linear way of telling the story is perfect here.

4. cihangir21's rating of the film Walkabout

5. Jason's rating of the film Walkabout

WALKABOUT both is and is not the same movie it was when I saw it in my early teens and it kinda changed my life. I see it very clearly now as a dispatch from more innocent times perhaps best addressed to the comparably innocent. There really is no denying here a fairly simple-minded world-view and quality of naïveté married to extremely forward-looking formal dexterity. Roeg demonstrates a true spirit of reinvention.

6. Boyuan123's rating of the film Walkabout

Omg I could watch this a million times over. Endless epiphanies.

7. Jdsarmientoburgos's rating of the film Walkabout

Animal slaughter aside (who wants to see Kangaroos get killed?), it’s a raw portrait of the wild Australian life, where two lost kids are accompanied by an aboriginal. At times unpleasant but always bold. Edit

8. Walker's rating of the film Walkabout

Roeg is firing on all cylinders here and the film is brilliant. This is what cinema is all about

9. Eriugena82's rating of the film Walkabout

On the one hand a good coming of age story, and good enough in that respect, but it also provides a critique of our modern Western world (albeit not subtly) when contrasted with the ancient Aboriginal way of life. The cinematography is excellent and Roeg makes use of some interesting editing techniques. Perhaps a tad romantic for some but I liked it.

10. Richmond Hill's rating of the film Walkabout

A generally splendid piece of cinema with crackling visuals and sound. The lumpy metaphors (largely through less than subtle intercutting) don't matter so much in a film where one long remembers the vibrant colours and cinematography.

11. Christofi Cotonou's rating of the film Walkabout

12. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Walkabout

13. Corriel's rating of the film Walkabout

A very good film, unusual, well made and acted.

14. .fsilva.'s rating of the film Walkabout

15. ebabehh's rating of the film Walkabout

How miserable is the Western world? How frequent ecstatic moments? An idyllic portrait of the primordial that comparatively denounces civilization, with its property rights that banish the lost, murderous technologies, and "knowledge," as heard on cassettes and radio signals, equivalent to "that that is, is." No, this seems to say reason and critical thinking are to our spiritual detriment. Time to move to Hawaii.

16. James Roth's rating of the film Walkabout

3.5. A little bit messy and not very subtle with it's messages but I did enjoy it overall. Captures the hot, sticky atmosphere well and some outstanding moments of cinematography. Worth checking out if you like Roeg's other work.

17. ap's rating of the film Walkabout

Has some really great moments, tbh.

18. Vincent T's rating of the film Walkabout

19. Mr. Marston's rating of the film Walkabout

20. Jeremiah Johnson's rating of the film Walkabout

#Aussie oi oi oi: Pure arthouse cinema experience.

21. Superfrog's rating of the film Walkabout

Cultural insensitivity and sexualisation of teenager killed if for me, too weird. It is meant to be serious right ?

22. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Walkabout

I like Performance and Don't Look now more, but this is visually striking and texturally rich.

23. Kelsey Hill's rating of the film Walkabout

24. Dominic Rainsford's rating of the film Walkabout

Perhaps a bit too obvious sometimes, or is that mythic simplicity? Great performances by kids and dying animals.

← Previous 1 3 4 5