1. Boyuan123's rating of the film Walkabout

Omg I could watch this a million times over. Endless epiphanies.

2. Walker's rating of the film Walkabout

Roeg is firing on all cylinders here and the film is brilliant. This is what cinema is all about

3. Eriugena82's rating of the film Walkabout

On the one hand a good coming of age story, and good enough in that respect, but it also provides a critique of our modern Western world (albeit not subtly) when contrasted with the ancient Aboriginal way of life. The cinematography is excellent and Roeg makes use of some interesting editing techniques. Perhaps a tad romantic for some but I liked it.

4. Richmond Hill's rating of the film Walkabout

A generally splendid piece of cinema with crackling visuals and sound. The lumpy metaphors (largely through less than subtle intercutting) don't matter so much in a film where one long remembers the vibrant colours and cinematography.

5. Christofi Cotonou's rating of the film Walkabout

6. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Walkabout

7. Corriel's rating of the film Walkabout

A very good film, unusual, well made and acted.

8. .fsilva.'s rating of the film Walkabout

9. ebabehh's rating of the film Walkabout

How miserable is the Western world? How frequent ecstatic moments? An idyllic portrait of the primordial that comparatively denounces civilization, with its property rights that banish the lost, murderous technologies, and "knowledge," as heard on cassettes and radio signals, equivalent to "that that is, is." No, this seems to say reason and critical thinking are to our spiritual detriment. Time to move to Hawaii.

10. James Roth's rating of the film Walkabout

3.5. A little bit messy and not very subtle with it's messages but I did enjoy it overall. Captures the hot, sticky atmosphere well and some outstanding moments of cinematography. Worth checking out if you like Roeg's other work.

11. Alex Pintică's rating of the film Walkabout

Has some really great moments, tbh.

12. Vincent T's rating of the film Walkabout

13. Mr. Marston's rating of the film Walkabout

14. Jeremiah Johnson's rating of the film Walkabout

#Aussie oi oi oi: Pure arthouse cinema experience.

15. Superfrog's rating of the film Walkabout

Cultural insensitivity and sexualisation of teenager killed if for me, too weird. It is meant to be serious right ?

16. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Walkabout

I like Performance and Don't Look now more, but this is visually striking and texturally rich.

17. Kelsey Hill's rating of the film Walkabout

18. Dominic Rainsford's rating of the film Walkabout

Perhaps a bit too obvious sometimes, or is that mythic simplicity? Great performances by kids and dying animals.

19. Cid Medeiros's rating of the film Walkabout

Nature in all it's life, death and beauty! I got the impression it was a lot more about culture gap than survival per se. Australia's outback is stunningly portrayed with great shots.

20. Klaas De Roo's rating of the film Walkabout

eindritueel met aboriginal en meisje scene ophelia little fluffy clouds the orb didjieridoe muziek in intro / super montage

21. Samuel Donath's rating of the film Walkabout

One of my favorite films. An overwhelming, beautiful, and insightful look at how we conceptualize the "modern" society.

22. paul oram's rating of the film Walkabout

One of my favorite all time films.

23. Droog811's rating of the film Walkabout

Filled with some great imagery and symbolism. An interesting take on the loss of societal and individual innocence.

24. Max Seqgar's rating of the film Walkabout

What an unconventional film! With a score by young John Barry (re: Out Of Africa). Really nice, and looking forward to seeing more of Roeg's work!

← Previous 1 3 4 5