1. runfromfire's rating of the film A Matter of Loaf and Death

I don't hate it but it's far-and-away my least favorite W&G outing. Piella feels like a barely-concealed amalgam of Wendolene & the penguin.

2. Rosina Rossini's rating of the film A Matter of Loaf and Death

3. Anne St. Anne's rating of the film A Matter of Loaf and Death

I was really into the fact that the female love interest was fat until I realized she was the villain, and that her fatness was being used as both motivation for and evidence of her evilness. (Then I felt stupid for having expected anything else, even for a moment.) Other than that, it was pretty awesome.

4. Steve Pulaski's rating of the film A Matter of Loaf and Death

5. ramosbarajas's rating of the film A Matter of Loaf and Death

Kinda boring. and somewhat offensive.

6. a Smith's rating of the film A Matter of Loaf and Death

In my opinion, the shorts built in complexity over the original three, and this one seems both like a step back in those terms, and like something of a retread (maybe it is less a step back than a failure to advance) in the connection of romance and danger. Some nice animation, however.

7. Fergus Pearson's rating of the film A Matter of Loaf and Death

Awful For me the love interest represents a new parent for Gromit. The show revels in Gromit’s hostility and does everything to help promote the new maternal figure as villainous and threatening. What’s worse is Piella’s murderous rampage is sparked from her weight gain – these aren’t very good messages for children

8. AKFilmFan's rating of the film A Matter of Loaf and Death

Not creative in terms of story, but an added romantic angle for Gromit and the always genuine playfulness and humor definitely help make this a great short.

9. 4LOM's rating of the film A Matter of Loaf and Death

An die Klasse des vorherigen Langfilms der beiden Knetfigurenhelden kann "Wallace & Gromit in a Matter of Loaf and Death" nicht mehr anknüpfen. Zu behäbig entwickelt sich die Story und auch ein furioses Finale wird dieses Mal ausgespart. An die ersten drei Kurzfilme kommt er nicht im geringsten heran. Das "Wallace & Gromit"-Highlight bleibt somit weiterhin "The Wrong Trousers".

10. Christian Harding's rating of the film A Matter of Loaf and Death

My favorite of the short features.